Epilogue

Epilogue

Well I guess this is the finale goodbye of this story.  My story isn’t done yet, I’m still here living a living, and thankful for that. After speaking at the University which my daughter so kindly wrote as I told her what happen. We got to go on tour.  We went around the states speaking about what happen during Holocaust, and I even meant some of the other survivors. We even went to some high schools but mostly went to colleges or we had meetings were I talked about what happen. Which I have to say was amazing to share my story with so many people.

After a year or so of speaking across the states I went to Europe back home, well not home but went around the world talking about what happen. I never went back home, and I could go back there. Even through part of me wanted to but at least the kids went with me. They would switch so that they could stay home with their love ones but I was glad they went with me.

It was tell couple months ago that me and my daughter Sophie who lives closer to me than the other two were at this small bookstore. At the book store in the history section was some books about the Holocaust. I even found Anne Frank’s Diary which I read before. I was interesting to hear others story it felt like you weren’t alone. Sure that was not a lot of us left now but it was great to know that you were alone. That you weren’t the only one to survive something horrible it kind of gave me a sense of hope. 

“Mom, why don’t you write your story” said Sophie as we left the small bookstore.

 I thought she was crazy when she first asked, to tell you the truth. And Maybe she was, or maybe I was because when I went hope, and got ready to go to bed that was all I think about. I knew most people wouldn’t want to read my story. It wasn’t happy one at that but it was still a story and it needed to be told. At least that’s what my daughter always told me.

Years after I’m gone I hope people still read books and find this story. I hope this never ever happens again and I would never wish this on anybody. I hope people also realize that you shouldn’t let people get to you. If they don’t like you for being different ignore them, and I know it’s hard.

The world is a scary place, and you meant get hurt. Mostly get hurt a lot but you have to know there is light in the darkness. You will get through whatever you are going through. It’s okay to be different, because being different is what makes you yourself. There’s only one of you and the world needs you so please don’t give up on it.

There’s always hope, and the sun always comes after the storm you just have to hang in there. So please hang in there. I hope at least you learn that from here.

A letter I got from Zoey arrived after my speech at New York City College. I thought I would share it with everyone who read this. I could recognize her loopy handwriting anywhere. The tear stand drops really told me something. Anyways this is what she said.

Dear Holly,

I hope you get this letter soon or later. I don’t know when you will get this so I’ll leave this in your home. 

I just want to say I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I was stupid enough to believe that they were right about you when I knew they were wrong. You’re my best friend, more like my sister and instead I listened to them? I should of listen to them and no doubt when you read this you will still be angry at me. At least I hope you get this so you will know that I’m truly am sorry.

Unless this letter found someone else, and if it did. I guess that means you might be dead. Which makes me wonder what if Emily and your parents are dead also and I didn’t stop them at all. We could have hide you like the others did. So what we could have died but at least I would have known you and your family was safe from them.