Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.” 

― Elizabeth Cady Stanton

I don’t know where I was all I knew was that I was surrounded by darkness that seemed to take its life of it’s on. I couldn’t even see where I was going.  I was alone but not alone which confused me greatly. I was running but I didn’t know what I was running from. I felt as if I was running somewhere important but I had no idea where I was running to, or if I would make it on time. Basically simple as that, was just plain scared.

I was dress in the clothes I had to wear the ones they gave us at the camp. The white striped pajamas we had to stay in because our old clothes were gone besides coats which thankfully we got to kept. Sure the Pajamas were dirty from work but these ones had blood on them.

Several questions came to me while I was running. Why did they have blood on them? Did I hurt someone? Was I hurt? Did I kill someone? No I couldn’t because I would never hurt anyone. Was it my sister’s blood? Was she dead or in trouble. Was I hurt or something? Why was I running and who was actually chasing me? Did I or someone else did something wrong to get here?

I didn’t remember being hurt, so I didn’t get why I was running. I didn’t feel pain at all it seemed like peaceful dream besides being chased by something and having blood on my clothes.

This was it, I was starting down death, and right now I was going to die. The solider raised his gun at me and was about to pull the trigger when.

“HOLLY” said a voice in my ear making me jump out of bed. I hit my head and rolled out of the bunk unto the cold ground. I groaned, I was dead for sure. That was a dream, a very bad dream to wake up to when everything seemed worse.

I got up, thankfully not hurt and stressed. We were the only ones awake. Holly must have woke me up because I was making noises. Usually I did that, on some dreams and that was one of them. I hardly had these but when I was at home my parents would make me up because I was screaming or something. I don’t know why that happen really but mostly happen when I was stress. And I guess with everything going on who wouldn’t be really? I was scared more than stress and I really wanted was to be able to go back home.

“You okay “Emma whispered I nodded a looked outside it was still dark out so I went back to the bed.

“Go back to bed Em” I whispered with yawn. She nodded and closed her eyes. I rolled over my eyes kind of too scared to go bad to sleep but I knew I had too. I picked up a stone that was under the pillow and put it against the wooden post making a mark. I did this every day we were here to see how long we were here for. So far two months, and it’s been a long two months. So far I was use to everything.

I yawn yet again and slowly closed my eyes hoping to at least get some sleep again before we had to go back to work.

I woke up to the soldiers yelling and we quietly made our beds. We then were lead to sanitary facility which we had to hurry as fast as we could. 100 people were allowed in the sanitary at the time. At least we got baths not the cleanest water but it’s better than nothing.

We then go to have breakfast which was just a piece of bread. They started to give us breakfast down, it was better than one meal at least. We ate quietly with the others as fast as we could. Then we had to line up and they took attendance. We were then spilt up in a group of ten’s because I guess it was easier to manage. Again I was lucky because my sister was in my group. At least I got to watch over her even with everything going on. That was one good thing, as that I had my sister. Without her I have no idea what I would do.