Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

― Patrick Rothfuss

Holly nodded and followed John to a wooden door she didn't see. It was hidden by a big green plant, which was on the side of the door but where you couldn’t see it right away. John open the door, which lead to hallway with paints of random things. The paintings were that of the school      or random pictures of parks, and animals. The long Hallway, or what seemed to be a long hallway lead to a medium size room. The Room had big couches, a small kitchen, bookcase a big screen TV and other random things. It was perfect little room, at least it seemed to her. It gave a sense of comfort.

 "Do you want anything to drink?" John asked her, as she put her bag on table. He went to the white medium size refrigerator and opened it. He gave a look over for a bit and turned to Holly. "We have Coffee, Water, Hot Coco, Milk and Juice" he added.

 "Hot Coco please" she said with smile and John nodded.

Hot Coco was the perfect for a day like this. Also her mother would make it for Holly when she was nervous or needed to calm down. Holly kept doing that throughout her life. It was a way to still remind her of her mother and the happiness she had before the whole mess happened. Holly took her heavy coat off and put it on a chair besides table as John made her some Hot Coco. John handed Holly warm cup of Coco.  

“Well I better go help the crew, will you be fine here alone” he asked Holly. It was nice that he worried she thought. She nodded, and held up the cup of Coco.

“I have Hot Coco, I’ll be fine” she said then took a sip of the coco. It smelled amazing and tasted almost like the way her mother made it. John nodded and told her if she needed anything to tell him. He would be helping the Auditorium.  Holly watched him leave the room and closed the door that lead into the Auditorium leaving Holly to get lost in her thoughts.

She wished she could call her, her sister. Her voice would be great to hear at time like this. She knew that she would never would but she needed her sister right now. Her sister had this thing about her. Yes she was annoying but she was always there when you needed someone to talk too. She needed someone to tell her that she could do this.

After years of not telling her story to anyone but her family now was her chance. Her youngest daughter named Sophie heard about from a friend that local college was having Speakers about the Holocaust come and speak to them. Her Sophie who just turn 40, told her Mother this. It took while to get Holly to say yes. Because Holly wasn’t sure she was ready. But after Sophie telling her Mother it was her chance for her story to be told, finally lead Holly to talk to John about it.

She remembered the conversation she and Sophie had about it.

“Sophie I don’t think I can do that” Holly said mixing creamer in her coffee. Sophie was sitting at breakfast table that her mother had, overlooking the garden in the back.  Sophie had her hands holding the cup looking at her mother with a determine look on her face.

“Mom you’re among hundreds maybe thousands whose story needs to be told. Sure we learn it from the books in our history classes but you went through it. You survived mom, you’re story needs to be told some people can understand what happen” Sophie exclaimed now standing up and gave her mother a pleading look.

Holly stood there thinking for a moment. Not sure if she should listen or not but something told she should. Maybe the nightmares would stop, maybe this would help her and others. She nodded and Sophie gave her a hug.