Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“Freedom lies in being bold.” 

― Robert Frost

The moment of truth wasn’t closer than we thought and I was pretty sure this idea was not a good one. I hoped that they chicken out or they forgot about it because right now we weren’t ready. I knew at least me and Emma wasn’t also the fact that most of us were scared out of our wits. But hey, don’t hate on us, honestly would you be scared?

I don’t think we knew what we were doing. Or what to even do in situation like this. We just decided to go with it. Or maybe we did but I guess if you get enough people that wanted to fight against something you might win. Even you believe in whatever you’re fighting for. And for us it was freedom, and I did believe in Freedom.

One thing Emma was still coughing and that worried me. It seemed to be getting worse at least that’s what it sounded like. There was no doctors and no help for us, so if Emma had something serious nobody could help us. I was even going to ask the soldiers if they could but they kept on glaring at me and I couldn’t just talk to them like that. The cold was getting worse or so it seemed I wasn’t the doctor so I couldn’t do anything.

            I kept asking if Emma was okay. I guess I asked her a lot because now she just glares at me. She maybe younger but her glare was pretty deadly in way. So I didn’t ask her if she was feeling better but I kept watch. I would slip more food into her coup when the soldiers weren’t looking. I gave her more water also to make sure she was somewhat healthy. I was acting like my Mother, I know I was but if she didn’t get better, she might die. I know I worry way too much but she’s my sister. I was allowed to worry right? Don’t get me wrong I know I’m well however old I am because I really didn’t know.

            I don’t think Emma notice at all, we were too busy with work to even really talk. Even during brakes we were all jumpy thanks to the plan we all talked about. We were afraid that the soldiers would just come out and kill us. Even though we didn’t even do anything yet, everyone was on edge. But we had to be calm or else the soldiers would get suspicious. Just act normal, like we didn’t have a clue what was going on.  Which was kind of easy because we did have no clue what was going on, so at least there was that. That was kind of easy to pretend. Going there’s always a bright side to things, event through its really hard to see.

            So here we were again, getting up, getting washed eating breakfast than off to work. We all spilt up again. Emma got to be with the kids her age this time. They were cleaning clouds with elders as the others peeled potatoes, which again was a boring and long jump. We couldn’t sit at all and every hours of stand, you’re thankful to actually sit down to eat. But it was still boring. You could feel the soldier’s eyes on you as you peel potatoes. Which I have to say is kind of creepy. I didn’t like that, it made me look over my shoulder all the time. At least the solider wasn’t watching us all the time so we were alright.

            It was getting warm at least, I know it’s boring to talk about the weather but they at least it wasn’t freezing at night anymore. We thankfully didn’t get that much snow wherever we were. So that was huge positive because it would have been colder for all of us plus it would be hard to work. That was a plus, I was not a fan of the cold and maybe this time, less people would get sick. Or at least I hope that was the case. There was a lot of people here now, and seemed to have our own army in way but people were dying every day. Wish it could stop maybe it would if it worked but there was the voice in the back of my head that said that the plan would work.

            I for one still didn’t get the plan really. Were we supposed to take the group and hit the soldiers over the head or something? I knew for a fact the violence seemed to only make things worse for everyone. I couldn’t think at one point in my life when Violence was a good thing, not even in history was there one either.