Were-Cats! AU

In a land where prides of cats live peacefully in the forest, awaiting the day that they find their soulmates, lived two men. Twins to be exact, they lived as rogues in the more peaceful part of the forest. They were raised differently, separately for the most part.
Feliciano was raised almost as a slave to his former Alpha, an Omega cat at best to Roderich and Elizabeta. At a young age he found a friend who had thought of him a girl before he disappeared. Later on he was released from his duties since Roderich and Elizabeta fell apart.
His brother, Lovino grew up lazily. Always a sucker for cursing and naps instead of doing work. He was raised by a rogue named Antonio who pampered Lovino all the time and was a hard working Spainard. Antonio always enjoyed young Feli's visits due to seeing how much work Roderich put on the poor boy. Lovino would get angered seeing as his caretaker took quickly to his younger brother. An Alpha trait passed down from their grandfather. As Lovino got older that jealousy turned into embarrassment and disappointment. When Antonio started leaving for work in far away places Lovino had said his goodbyes to his first ever crush and left their small home on the cliffs.
When the two brothers left their homes they joined up together once again and now live in a waterfall covered cave in the middle of the forest. They were happy in their own company, always teasing each other, or doing their best to make each other smile. The forest area around them was always lively, filled with thousands of creatures and plants that brightened the greenery into a palette of rainbows.
It was how the twins liked it and in their solitude laid the anticipation of meeting their mate, a panther blending in with the shadows. For the two's 18th birthday was coming up and they both dreamt of finding love for themselves. Having not ever shifted before the twins had slept up against each other with a thick blanket Antonio had given them before they were moved out of their packs.
Then...after a peaceful day of hunting the two brothers stumbled upon a huge white lion with burning red eyes, "Hehehe. The two kittens have walked into my trap."
Feliciano's mouth went dry as he held the wing of a dead bird in his claws and the burning instinct to run came over him. Lovino already started to back off, the fresh kill of raccoon forgotten and left on the ground. The white lion gave a throaty roar and Feliciano whimpered before turning to run, feeling a sudden tingling in his joints and the cracking of bones as he shifted for the first time.
The sudden feeling of actually running made his adrenaline skyrocket and soon he was dashing on four paws toward the clearing that held the path to home. Lovino's bones started to pop in place as well and suddenly he was running behind his younger twin, his eyes taking in the forest floor ahead as the mighty lion gave chase. The pounding of paws on the forest floor was loud in the twin's ears as they ran into the clearing, seeing that the way to home was free.
That was until a slim panther and a gigantic tiger pounced into the clearing and stopped the two twins in their tracks. Feli's eyes glanced around to meet the tiger's and he found himself frozen in place, the soft white and black fur caught his attention and the piercing blue eyes made him remember his first ever friend from his childhood.
Lovino nudged up against his brother and Feli looked at his twin to find that his brother was a leopard, a quite small one in fact, then his eyes looked down at his own form and he looked at his slim and sleek frame and felt his paws itch to run. He was a cheetah. His brother was a leopard and he was a cheetah. Typical.
The white lion gave a mighty roar from behind them and the twins jumped at his presence. The tiger stepped forward with the panther at his side and the sudden scent of H.R.E. made Feli chirp for his fallen friend and he looked hopefully at the tiger, wondering if it could be him. The tiger glared at Feliciano, making the cheetah stare embarrassingly at his paws. Lovino growled at the circling pride of cats before he glared at the lion head on, "What do you want with us you furrmin?"
The white lion laughed a mighty roar before eyeing the two twins up, snickering when he saw Lovino's curled tail swishing angrily. Feliciano growled when he felt the lion step on his tail and in turn tried to lash out only for the panther to tackle his side and pin him to the ground, "Struggling only makes it worse. I will give you some advice, I wouldn't move."
The sudden weight of the panther made Feliciano wiggle as the mighty paws pressed right up against his ribs, "Pleas-please let us go! We beg of you!"
Lovino was growling as the tiger stared him in the face and the lion mocked him, "Let go of my fratello you German bastards!!!"
The white lion then growled and swiped at one of Lovino's back legs with his huge paw and sent the leopard face first into the ground. Feliciano then yowled for his brother and struggled furiously, "Leave him alone! He-he doesn't deserve this just PLEASE!"
The white lion watched the leopard shakily tried to stand back up but before he could the tiger placed his widespread paw on the leopard's back, "Good Vest. Now. Knock 'em out and haul them back to camp boys!"
The cheetah that made Feli's other half screamed out a quick yowl that caught the panther off guard and that's when Feliciano shifted and rolled out of the way before grabbing a long limb from a tree and twirling it in his fingers, "Let my brother go! Or you'll face me!" (Color guard comes in handy sometimes! Yay flag spinners!!! :3)
The white lion just roared in laughter and rushed forward with his eyes blazing. The small Italian then twirled out of the way and moved the branch quickly down then a sharp up just as the white lion passed and got hit squarely in the rib. The lion then stumbled and landed shakily and turned to glare at Feliciano who was shaking from fear yet holding the limb strongly, "You think that pathetic stick is gonna hurt me?!"
Feliciano breathed hard before remembering something, "Lovino!! Remember Grandpa's trick?"
The leopard then let out a huff before letting his paws hit across the tiger's underbelly to which the tiger growled and released Lovino who quickly climbed up a tree yet was followed by the black panther.
The tiger then watched as the panther was then struck in the shoulder by a spear and out came a short yet thin boy who let out a happy growl as the panther cried out in pain, "That's for hurting my brother!"
The tiger then pounced towards the Italian only to get knocked off balance as a baseball bat hit the side of his ear and sent his vision and head spinning. His whole body seemed to go unconscious and the blackness greeted him.
-Timeskip-
"Hehe! I'm the hero!!"
The sound of the obnoxious American made Arthur roll his eyes before he turned back to treating the panther's shoulder in the clinic. The Italians were nearby huddled together yet in the embrace of a familiar soul.
"Damn Spainard! Why didn't you get here sooner?!" Lovino screeched and Feli laughed nervously as the bronze skinned man enveloped Lovino in a hug only for Lovino to start hiccuping while crying.
Feli then stepped out of the situation and gently walked over to Alfred who was poking at the tiger with Matthew's hockey stick, "These guys are from the Bloodbourne Pack. How did you guys even meet? They live on the other side of the forest!!"
Feliciano rubbed his neck nervously before gently petting the tiger's fur and sighing out, "The white lion found me and my fratello while we were hunting. We didn't notice the scent right away until he snuck up on us and chased us into an ambush. Luckily you two showed up!"
Alfred laughed before sneaking a glance at his blonde haired mate and a sound akin to a rumble made it's way to his throat, "Artie just was being nice. I heard the screaming but he came running. Yet I saved the day once again!-Yow!"
The sudden smack to the head made the American whine before he turned back to see a ticked off Arthur rubbing his belly gently, but quickly corrected, "We both saved the day."
Arthur huffed before patting the top of his heavily pregnant belly, "Thanks brat, oh! And Feli? You're in charge of the three trespassers. I have to go to the hospital with Alfred. Come on Alfie, let's go."
The American gasped before shifting into a white cougar and the British man shifting carefully into a lynx. The cougar circled around the smaller before nudging the tall-eared cat toward the door who in return hissed and padded out.
Feliciano only looked at the three predatory cats in horror as he tried to figure out what "in charge" was. None of the big cats moved besides breathing and paws shaking as they dreamt. The younger Italian man had fallen asleep next to the tiger, his body slumped in a chair with a light blanket draped over him from the courtesy of Antonio. Four hours passed by quickly and it was then four hours hit the clock on midnight that Feliciano woke up.
A sudden ticking of the clock was loud in his ears as he shook himself awake, his eyes opening to let out a soft chirp as he yawned, his arms stretched out above his head as his entire body stretched out in the small chair. A warmth pooled in his belly as his eyes blinked away sleep to get an itch to sniff out surroundings.
A low growl from beside him was heard and the Italian's curl bounced as he turned his head so fast toward the tiger and he breathed in a deep cologne and icy snow from the tiger.
The combination made his lungs burn for air and his heart stuttered as his cheetah then chirped at the tiger, only to receive a soft growl back.
The cover fell to the floor as the smaller stood up and took the tiger's face in his hands before looking over the intricate patterns that marked his mate. The tiger gave a soft huff and Feli only smiled before pressing his forehead against the tigers, a low purr forcing it's way out of the tiger.
The cheetah inside Feliciano twitched to be let out and the younger complied, his body stretching out and fur growing on his own skin. The cracking and popping of bones setting set a cringe through the young Italian but in time he was fully shifted and putting up his paws on the examination table while chirping at his mate to wake up. The tiger groaned and rolled away, not wanting to be disturbed.
The cheetah growled only for his ears to twitch as he heard his brother cry out for his mate only for a dark growl to answer him. Feli watched with curious eyes as Antonio walked out of the kitchen, dropping his glass of tomato juice onto the floor and dashed for Lovino's room with a roar that made Feli's pelt itch as the strong Alpha tone made him chirp and cuddle into his own mate.
The startled yelp from Lovino and the low growl from Antonio made it's way to Feli's ears and he chirped happily for his older brother before turning back to his own task. The tiger breathed in and the sudden jolt that ran through it's body made the smaller chirp softly before nuzzling into the tiger's soft side with his face.
The tiger purred before his eyes cracked open and his senses took over before he turn around so fast it made his head spin. Feli chirped worriedly before the tiger licked the smaller between the ears like a child.
The cheetah huffed before shaking his head and making a small Mohawk on his head. The tiger purred with delight, eyes shining like icy gems into the cheetah's own golden pair. The tiger shifted off the table and shakily hopped onto the floor beside his mate who chirped and pressed up against the tiger's side to let the bigger lean on him. The tiger growled as a headache hit him strongly from his earlier wound, but the smell of seaside breeze and soft roses laid in his nose.
Feli gently nuzzled into his mate's warm side, tail in twining with his, and making the other purr loudly. The tiger then whispered, "You were that Italian from earlier that bashed my bruder in the ribs....were you not?"
The cheetah chirped and his paws kneaded the floor guiltily but a soft laugh was heard from his mate, "You did well, no one ever gets my bruder square in the belly."
Feli purred and his fur fluffed up proudly and made his mate chuckle at the gesture. The tiger's heavy paws then padded forward and Feli squeaked out a quick, "Wait! You're-a hurt! You shouldn't be walking!"
The tiger then huffed and continued walking over to his unconscious brother. Feli's heart shattered inside itself, the first moments with his mate was what he thought it was gonna be, but now that this mysterious tiger acts like he isn't mated to the smaller it hurt him.
Badly.
The cheetah backed up and quickly shifted, bones popping and cracking sickeningly fast that it hurt the Italian. The tiger's head was fuzzy as he looked back at his new mate and saw those eyes looking at him with tears. The burning need to comfort him fell over the older but his paws swayed otherwise, telling him to stay put. What happened to his mate to make him this upset?
Feli watched as his mate stood still and rigid, those eyes burning deep into his soul, memories of H.R.E. making him start to sob and back up towards the door, the sudden flash of a small boy handing him a flower made him hiccup and turn to run.
The tiger shakily ran after his escaping mate, who had shifted again and was now running deep into the forest, the darkness of night making his cat like eyes glow but brambles and thorns poked deep into his fur as he ran blindly, not wanting to be hurt again. Blood started to leak out of his wounds but he was numb to the pain as he dashed through the clearing they fought in and towards home.
The tiger swayed as he ran, head still spinning from earlier. The scent of his mate made him roar out into the darkness and pant as he trotted after Feli's scent. The said so cheetah was by far, way ahead of the other. His fast feet pushing him into the familiar setting of flowers and the rush of water making him chirp sadly, his paws coming to a stop in front of the water. His reflection making him chirp softly before turning his head away. Was he not attractive enough? Did his mate not like men? He paced lightly before plunging into the icy cold waterfall and feeling his wounds burn at the water's touch. He yowled out in pain before collapsing on the familiar cover and turning his head to pluck out the thorns and brambles with his teeth.
The tiger after an hour made it to a flowering region and found himself losing the scent of his mate, the sound of a crashing waterfall making him push his head through the wall of wild flower. The stream that pooled in the middle of the clearing made his throat dry immediately and he trotted over to take gulps of water. The cool icy water felt nice in his belly and eased the tension somewhat before he was turning back around to go look the other way.
The smell of his mate's blood then hit him and he turned to look at the rocks leading up to the waterfall and saw thick scarlet drops entering the waterfall. "I can smell you mate you can't hide from me." The tiger pleaded, following the scarlet trail, ears perked up to hear if his mate answered.
A soft chirp answered him from behind the rushing water and he plunged deep into it only to find his small mate hiding in a corner, wrapped up tightly in a blanket. He shook out his fur before padding over and nudging the bundle only to see two small amber eyes staring up at him. The tiger then huffed before grabbing the blanket in his teeth and pulling it up to show the small cheetah beneath, "Can I start over?"
The cheetah thought over it before nodding and whispering, "It's-it's a cold outside. Maybe you should get under here with me? Oh! And my name is Feliciano Vargas...and yours is?"
The tiger purred comfortingly as he slid under the blanket and cuddled up to his mate, "Ludwig Beilschmidt. You have a nice name, for an Italian," he teased.
Feli gasped before swatting Ludwig's shoulder, "What's that supposed to mean?!"
Ludwig just roared with laughter before nuzzling his own head against his mate's, "It means that I like your name my little Italian."
The smaller's fur fluffed up at the bigger's heat and started to purr, "And I like yours Luddy."
The scents intermingled to create this deep sea salt smell with wild flowers surrounding it and the pair sighed happily. The smaller took his chance to yawn and nuzzle into his bigger mate, "So...that white lion was your brother?"
Ludwig then gave a gentle laugh before nodding, "Ja. That would be Gilbert. You have....a feisty brother as well?"
The Italian purred before letting his heart thump with pride, "Ve! That is me fratello! He's such a nice older brother. He takes care of me more than anyone else. He didn't mean to stab your friend though. We were just really scared and had to defend ourselves. What were you going to do with us anyway?"
The tiger sighed before opening his icy blue eyes to meet his mate's amber pair, "We were going to make you a part of our pride. Bring you into our home and make you a part of us. Or use you both. Which I wasn't very fond of. Stupid Gil doesn't know what he's talking about half the time. Makes Matthew upset when he does say stupid things."
The cheetah blinked and shuddered, "Do...do you still plan on taking me to your camp?"
The tiger sighed before nodding slowly, "I want to take you back home with me, badly, but I won't pressure you. Or your brother."
The cheetah sighed, his paws itched and his body ached yet he trusted his mate fully, "Can I think on it? I...I need to sleep on it."
The tiger purred and whispered, "Go ahead. I'll stay guard over you for tonight." The Italian next to him purred louder before shifting back into human form and cuddling into Ludwig's side for warmth. The massive cat then let his tail run down his mate's back to soothe him, "Goodnight my little Italian."
The sleepy said Italian then replied, "Ti amo Luddy....and good night." Those pretty amber eyes shut and the smaller fell back into the depths of sleep.
The tiger shifted after a while and pulled his feminine mate close, his strong arms squeezing Feliciano's back as he kept them both warm. Breathing in deep he found comfort in the Italian's smell, one that never left his brain as a child. "I found you once again my little Italy. And I will love you until the day I die."
The night made the pair sleep peacefully, the rush of water comforting to their cats' ears.
The night soon became day and the smaller woke up to the sound of a lion's roar. He looked up to find himself face to face with the mighty white lion from before and he immediately screamed in fear.
Ludwig immediately awoke and grabbed Feliciano and pulled him into his arms, seeing as the thing that made his mate scream was his brother. "Shhh....Feli....it's alright...it's just Gil."
The small Italian had his whole body cuddled up into Ludwig and his eyes were shut tight, but his mate's gentle coaxing made him shift into a baby cheetah. Ludwig tried to hold in his laughter as his mate's cat was frightened and he took the kitten into his arms and kissed it's head, "Calm down my little kitten," the sudden chuckle of his older brother made Ludwig glare at the albino haired man.
"That kitten is your mate, Vest? Man, he's such a small little thing."
The kitten in Ludwig's arms whined and the bigger man pet it's head, "You didn't have to scare him Gil. What are you doing here anyway?"
The albino then stood in front of his younger brother and laughed, "I followed your scent. Can't have my little brother getting lost now can I?"
The sudden baby cheetah in his arms then turned full adult and Ludwig rolled his eyes as fur covered his face and suddenly got in his mouth.
Gilbert laughed and gently took the full grown cheetah and set it by Ludwig who in turn hissed at the eldest and growled. Ludwig laughed and pet his mate's head, "I wouldn't touch him Gil. He might knock you unconscious again." Just to prove Ludwig's point, Feli swiped at Gilbert and growled.
The eldest chuckled and looked immediately toward the entrance of the cave as he heard a familiar guttural huff and he smiled wide and ran out of the cave and through the waterfall with a speed unknown to man.
Ludwig laughed and whispered, "Looks like Matthew found him." He turned to his mate only to find that Feliciano was staring at him in his human form. Ludwig stared back even more and pulled his mate onto his lap before letting their lips collide.
The taller let his hands slide to the smaller's hips and squeezed. The smallest let out a soft gasp and gave the other access to his mouth. Then Ludwig let his tongue tangle with Feli's who moaned and pressed closer to his mate. The warmth of their bodies made the cave seem hotter and Feliciano started to pant as his body couldn't handle it. Thankfully his mate pulled away and those icy blue eyes stared straight through the small Italian into his soul. The sound of the waterfall being interrupted stopped the pair's staring for their heads to swing towards the sound.
Lovino stood in his leopard form glaring hard at Ludwig with those bright hard eyes, "What the hell are you doing with my brother potato bastard?"
Feliciano quickly stood up and walked over to Lovino before putting out his hands slowly, "Ludwig is my mate fratello! Isn't it great?"
The confusion was clear on the older's face before he growled and glared hard at Ludwig, "If you ever hurt my brother I will come to you myself and tear your throat out! Got it?!"
Ludwig nodded firmly and started to stand when Antonio burst in with his massive white tiger form. The white tiger then nuzzled Lovino and licked the top of his head, "You okay Roma?"
Feliciano laughed and immediately purred when Ludwig wrapped his strong arms around his small frame. Lovino's cat then gave a soft growl of embarrassment as Antonio sat beside him. The water parted once more for Gilbert's white lion to come in and immediately brighten as he saw Antonio.
(If you haven't figured it out, Alpha cats are white) A white snow leopard then joined Gilbert, yet it's white fur was more of a gray color. Gilbert chuckled and nuzzled the leopard and Feli recognized the round middle of the leopard immediately. The cave was filled with three pairs of mates and was getting packed more and more as time went on. Then not one minute later Alfred and Arthur showed up and the white panther immediately rounded on Gilbert as he saw his twin brother with a round belly.
Arthur sighed before shifting and pulling the panther back away from Gilbert and reprimanded him. The white leopard then shifted and Feliciano gasped as he recognized who Matthew was, "Canada?"
Alfred huffed before shifting and whispering, "That's not his name."
The smaller Italian walked over and hugged the Canadian and the blonde whispered, "Nice to see you again Italy." Gilbert, who shifted, and Alfred then said together, "You know each other?"
Matthew nodded and set a hand on his small belly, "Papa used to bring Feli over all the time when he could get him away from Roderich."
Gilbert snorted and pulled Matthew into his arms, "Roderich can piss off. He doesn't deserve to be talked about."
Ludwig pulled Feliciano back into his arms and growled protectively as he didn't know these people.
Antonio sighed before shifting and clapping Gilbert on the shoulder, "Let it go old friend."
Lovino sighed and finally asked the question, "WHY THE HELL ARE ALL OF YOU IN MY HOME?!!!"
Everyone shut up and turned to Romano who was furious and steaming. Alfred, being clueless, only laughed before saying,"I just followed my twin since he never told me he had a mate! Thanks Mattie! Really appreciate it."
Matthew looked immediately hurt and Gilbert growled, "You have no right to talk to your brother like that! He doesn't get to choose his mate! And since I'm from the 'bloodier packs' you think he would've just told you?!"
Matthew burned hot with shame but deep inside he felt his body run warm from Gilbert's defense.
Alfred then stepped forward only for Romano to shove him back and hiss out, "SHUT UP YOU IDIOTAS I SWEAR ON MY LIFE ALPHAS MAKE A GREAT BIG DEAL OUT OF FUCKING EVERYTHING- SO GO CALM DOWN LIKE THE LITTLE KIDS YOU ARE-CALM YOUR SHIT AND SIT OKAY? OKAY." The room was quiet until Antonio gave a soft chuckle and grabbed Romano and glomped his small mate. Feli giggled when his brother went from steaming to slightly ticked off. Antonio just purred for him and pecked the top of his head which resulted in Romano to blush.
Gilbert held Matthew with gentle hands which meant the world to Matthew, seeing as his mate cared deeply for their litter to soon come.
Alfred went back to Arthur and let out a whine that made Arthur sigh and cuff him around the ear, "Such a child, as always," Alfred immediately hugged Arthur and purred, wanting his forgiveness. Arthur sighed before patting Alfred's head and whispering, "But I suppose I love you unconditionally. Now let's not crowd these people and get home."
Alfred immediately shifted and nuzzled Arthur who was almost knocked over but shifted with Alfred slowly and the two set off back to their den.
Romano stared hard at Feli only for the younger to smile and be engulfed in strong arms. Ludwig growled protectively over his mate and squeezed his smaller mate into an embrace to which Feli laughed as it tickled. Gilbert stepped forward and quickly set his hands on his hips, "You coming with us West? Or are you going to leave the pride?"
Romano immediately broke free from Antonio's arms and screeched, "YOU'RE TAKING MY BROTHER SOMEWHERE WITHOUT MY KNOWING?!"
Feli immediately stepped forward and hugged Romano tight to stop his fist from socking Gilbert in the face. "Fratello! Stop it! This is my mate's pride. Can't you see I'm happy?"
Romano looked to Ludwig who looked very tense and ready to pounce. Gilbert huffed and gave Antonio a look of worry, and finally Romano looked down at Feli who had his head snuggled in his chest and his arms around his neck. Tears were spilling down his cheeks and he was letting out little hiccups.
Romano sighed, giving in, and pet his brother's hair wanting to soothe him and make him smile, "Fine. But you visit me twice a week or I will come to get you and I will fucking claw lionshit's face over here." His thumb pointed toward Gilbert, and Matthew and Antonio gave a little laugh when Gilbert looked offended.
Feli immediately giggled and looked up at Romano with those amber eyes that made Romano sigh and hug Feli tight, "I'm going to miss you little fratello. I...I....Ti voglio bene."
Feli smiled and whispered back, "Ti voglio bene, fratello."
Antonio grinned immediately and scooped the two up in a hug and squeezed them, "Awwwwwwww. Te quiero Feli-Te amo Roma!" The warm embrace made Feli laugh and giggle when Romano blushed and answered back, "Ti amo bastardo." Feli grinned from ear to ear for his brother and patted Antonio's head, "Ti voglio bene Antonio."
Once the two twins were set down they would separate for anything, just standing there waiting for the right moment to say goodbye. Feli's heart thudded inside his chest and he sighed.
"Goodbye fratello," Romano couldn't hold in his tears when his brother said those words and the droplets spilled down his cheeks while his hands shook on his smaller brother. Feli rubbed Romano's back and hushed him, "It'll be alright. I'll visit you and Antonio soon. I promise."
Romano nodded before raising his head and cupping his twin's cheeks and letting their eyes meet before whispering, "Goodbye Feli...I'll miss you when you're gone...my god you have grown so much..." Romano laughed before Feliciano set his hands on Roma's shoulders and whispered, "So have you Romano. Grandpa would be proud."
Gilbert sighed and looked back at the set of twins, "Time's a ticking Italian brothers. We have to go."
Romano and Feliciano shared their last hug before the two bodies separated to enter their new lives.