Crushes & Cats (Half&Half)

Ludwig PoV
The sound of my brother's rapid breathing made my black ears perk up in worry as I rushed to his side. He was hunched over with his hands on his knees and I began to rub his back in comfort. He started to regain his breath and that me sigh before taking his small hand in my own, "What happened? Was it Ivan again? I swear if it is-"
But Gilbert cut him off by laughing and sending me that stupid grin that I hated so much, he used it on me all the time in all our childhood years and now here I sat in fifth grade with him still using that same trick in his grade six. He got me all sorts of worried for nothing.
"I met my mate today brother! Isn't it great? I just ran from the playground to tell you!" The sound of a bell was heard and I looked around at the empty hallways before nudging Gilbert in the direction of his teacher's classroom, "I swear Gil if you are late to class again-"
The older laughed and walked back with his tail held high in the air, his hand meeting my unslicked hair and ruffling. I groaned and shoved his hand off, "Gil-" but I was cut short when the crowd of kids from outside rushed in and separated my brother and I. He waved happily and I sighed before waving back with my ears folded as I trudged back into my class. A couple of students were there, but the teacher was holding them back from something. A small crowd had formed around her and I raised my ears in curiosity. It is in our nature after all.
"Everyone back away from Feliciano! You're all scaring him, now go on!" And with that all the different students took their spots with their growing cliques. I jumped when Yao brushed past me to get to his seat and I immediately walked over to my seat beside the window and breathed in deeply when Roderich sat down across from me with Elizabeta on his arm. I sighed before picking up a novel from inside my small OCD organized desk and set out the small math book on top of the wooden surface. Three out of the five seats were filled, I realized, as I pretended to read my book.
Ears flattened I scanned the room and growled when I caught eyes with Ivan. He was such a mean boy, always picked on Gil just because he wasn't an Alpha. But I was, being the tallest and strongest besides the purple eyed Russian in the room, obviously. He only winked back and I rolled my eyes as I pretended once again that it didn't bother me. Kiku walked over with his black ears tilted out and unfocused as he sat down in the seat next to Elizabeta. I gave him a nod in greeting before looking toward the front of the class as the door shut and everyone quieted.
The sudden smell of fresh cotton, pasta, and the ocean caught my nose and intrigued me. My eyes lead me to the front of the room where a small boy stood behind the teacher shyly. Soft whispers came from Antonio's group about the new kid joining the empty seat beside them and suddenly I tensed as I felt a raw need to have him sit in the empty chair beside me. The smell of Omega was clear and I stared hard at the new kid, eyes piercing into the golden brown orbs of his.
The teacher gently nudged him forward, "Class! This is Feliciano Vargas! He'll be the newest member here and I want you all to give him a warm welcome!" She nodded enthusiastically and the first one to welcome him was of course, Antonio. Damn Spaniard and his kind ways.
I immediately cleared my throat, before smiling what I hoped was friendly at the new kid. He actually giggled before waving back. The teacher grinned when the rest of the class started welcoming him one after one and finally she pointed to the seat next to me and I felt my tail swish with pride and my ears holding themselves high as she gently motioned him to sit down by our group. Kiku hummed at the tabby like boy that sat down between him and I.
I immediately purred by instinct as Feliciano greeted Roderich and Elizabeta and happily hugged Kiku who immediately flushed knowing all to well he was my mate. But I waited patiently, giving my mate some time to adjust to everyone and waited my turn.
The teacher on the other hand had plans to continue class and we were forced to learn a lesson in math. Of course the bad thing was it was American math and that sucked because it made no sense. (God only knows how much I hated common core) Yet Feliciano found help by asking Kiku about it since he seemed to get it best out of all the classroom.
I did okay to a point. It was a little troubling though. After a while Feli leaned over and laid his head on my shoulder. I puffed up my ears and tail immediately as it sent long tingling shocks throughout my body.
The small tabby boy purred and whispered, "Why do you smell so nice?"
I shivered and looked down into his honey colored eyes and whispered, "Because you're my mate and we'll smell nice to each other."
He giggled and I felt a ripple of pride run through me when he hugged my arm. Antonio from across the room suddenly stopped and turned to us confused. I didn't know why he was staring down Feli so hard for a minute but my growl made him stop and suddenly turn toward the classroom door just as it opened and what seemed to be Feli's twin walked in the room.
"My name is Romano! Don't touch me-AND DON'T TOUCH MY BROTHER YOU BAS-I mean...BUTTHEADS!!!"
Antonio gasped and stood up and grabbed the smaller angry Italian's hand before pulling him over to their table. Romano growled but put up with it-until Feli giggled and his angry other half turned and glared at me. I just stood stoic and raised my ears and swished my tail until it twined with Feli's.
Feli smiled sweetly and waved at his brother with the most gleeful smile.
And I knew my life was gonna be an interesting one from there on out.

----8 Years Later As Seniors----

"Tell me why we're ditching again?" The frustrated blonde groaned as he was being dragged by his mate through the town. They had just escaped from school somehow and were walking toward the playground.
Feli only raised his ears and tugged on Ludwig's arm harder, "C'mon! You can't have the student of the year award every year Luddy!"
The blonde sighed before seeing his mate had stopped and was right in front of him. Somehow the tabby cat had grown out of the more girl like features and had become a handsome young man. Those auburn strands of hair had been cut shorter and his body had become more lean instead of a curvy hipped figure. Either way...Ludwig still stared deep into those thick lashed eyes that still held a wonderful look to them.
What didn't change was the fact the Italian hated working out. And what had changed was that he'd grown somewhat of a backbone and grew a more rebellious style. Maybe because of the influence of Romano's rebellious nature. They were twins after all.
"Luddy~ What are you staring at?" The voice of his mate brought him back to reality and he gently leaned down after pulling the other close and pressed his lips against Feli's softer ones.
The smaller squeaked as the blonde's thick muscled body pulled him closer so that they were in a close embrace. Ludwig's shyness had disappeared entirely throughout the years. Now he was more outspoken and seen as a mix of the most ticked off person you've ever met, and the most perfect student you'll ever get. (Wow that sounds familiar :3 Although I have never had a prerecord attendance in my life and suck at math and some science.) He had started to work out in 8th grade and had become involved in the soccer team as a defender. And he was great at it. He had actually started a program in Freshman year that had already gotten his two years of college done and over with.
Most days he'd slick his hair back and dress up in a usual tank top with cargo pants for the days he would have to work out in school and play soccer afterward, but today he was dressed in a jacket and jeans with nice dress shoes. He had some glasses on, only because he had lost his contacts. Although...Feli liked it when he wore his glasses. It made him seem more approachable.
But anywho...
Feli gently pulled away with a soft pant for air and breathed in deep. Ludwig smiled gently before intwining their fingers and letting their tails cross. Feli made an unmanly squeak when Ludwig nuzzled his face into the smaller's neck and started kissing around the mate mark.
Feli's ears laid flat and his tail curled tightly around his mate's when Ludwig bit lightly under the mark and made a fresh one. Ludwig had no shame at this point in time, his Alpha instincts getting the better of him when Feliciano smelled so good.
The smaller let go of Ludwig's hands only to cradle the Alpha's head as he licked at the fresh and slightly bruised hickey.
"Lud...did you h-haaaave t-to?" The sudden feeling of Ludwig licking over the mate mark mad Feli's breath hitch in his throats and the memory of their intimate embrace crossed his mind.
Ludwig pulled his head back and pushed his hair back, "Now...we were going to the park?"
Yet Feli's eyes watered childishly as he was left pretty much boneless and almost in a fake heat.
...
"Fuck you LUDWIG!!!"
The blonde just smirked and replied, "It's the other way around mate-I make love to you~ So you got it all backwards." He smiled devilishly and Feli pouted for a second before sighing and dashing to catch up with his mate. No one else had seen that side of Ludwig but Feli and he loved every second of it.

---------
I'm thinking of starting a little "Ask the Nekotalia kitties in this book but I'm not sure." I have bad writer's block so I'M SORRY THAT I CAN'T MAKE CHAPTERS FASTER. Q^Q