Neko Princes: Gravity

Thought I'd give you guys a picture that's funny cause this is gonna get depressin' real quick.
~
It was quiet.

Too quiet.

And the hollow, dull ache in the brunette's chest made the silence thicken into a hazy fog.

His bare feet lay blistered and scratched from the cold rock and forest thicket he walked through earlier in the night. Now the moon didn't shine as bright as he would have liked, his vision having faded into an icy gray when he left Ludwig's grasp. The thought of his mate's face as the shot rang out made his spine shudder and lett his stomach in utter ruins as he dry heaved. He couldn't shed any more tears due to having been dehydrated, no water having come to him since the day before.

Ears twitching at the sound of boots scuffing the cave floor, Feli didn't have to look up to know it was his brother and the King of Spain. His eyes just stared emptily at the jut of rock rising from the other side of the cave. His body stayed motionless, though skin cold and clothes warm, it helped none to what the ache the neko was feeling inside his chest.

The group of three had been walking at least for a day, having tried to get away with a screaming and kicking Prince trying to go back. The fight soon died out of him after his brother had smacked him across the face, trying to make him see reason. But the small and fragile boy just became silent, and never talked the rest of the way. Their journey continued for two more days until they arrived at the Palace of Kings in Spain. Their eyes heavy, their legs weak, and their stomachs growling for food they all settled in for the night with a warm greeting and a full, warm meal.

"Brother...why do you not eat your food?" Romano's voice echoed loudly in Feli's empty mind, and he winced at the worry that laced the words.

"I'm not hungry. Simple as that," Feli's hand stabbed through a steamed carrot with his fork and felt a pang within his heart as it reminded him of how Ludwig had gotten shot, the look his mate had gave him as Feli was taken away. He once again, visibly flinched. His brother slammed his fist down on the table and caused Feliciano to jump and look at him with scared, widened eyes.

"Stop behaving like a child! Obviously that man brain washed you the way you doted over him! You should be happy fratello! And you're not...because of what? Your brain thinking you loved him? Better yet-that he loved you? Tch! What a waste of time, you would have been just fine with being his fucking puppet if we left you there wouldn't you?!" His brother's words cut like a knife into his empty soul, and he didn't have the heart back to argue. His brother was just worried, he knew that for fact.

And that's why he nodded, stood up from his seat, and walked to his bedroom all by himself in the darkened stone hallways.

With his heart bleeding and his emotions gone, the young Prince lay in bed watching the stars. The fingers of his hand ghosting over his bare skinned stomach to feel at least something. The touch of his fingers made his skin crawl, and the furs of his ears shiver at the feeling. His eyes transfixed on the clear, starry-nighted sky through the window panes in the ceiling above him. If he thought deep enough, he felt as if he were but a star in the sky. His body was not affected by anything but himself, his body cold and dark yet from far away he shined brighter than everything else. His view colorful and filled with galaxies and planets combined while everyone on Earth stared at him in question. His body unaffected by gravity, floating through open space until it finally decided to come crashing down on him like how gravity was on Earth.

The young Prince then became isolated, anti-social to the world and it's inhabitants. His time was spent in his room, out in the garden, or even in the library. He at least ate regularly, and he got his exercise in everyday. He barely even talked to his brother anymore. Their relationship became in tatters when Feliciano was smacked once again. His brother had been trying to knock sense into him, but no one understood. His soulmate had been ripped away from him as soon as their relationship had begun. That's what his brother never understood, the fact that Ludwig and Feli had truly loved each other. All those nights spent whispering about their past lives were wasted now, Feli had been given a guard to keep him inside the country and never come out.