Hot or Not?

I was reading my school newspaper the other day, and I saw something that I have to admit really intrigued me. I sat there for a while stroking my long, white beard that I don't actually have.

I saw a page labeled 'The Rules of attraction" which is mostly about the science behind people loving each other and being attracted to each other. Also something about the smell of love and turkey in the air. Honestly, I don't know.

Anyway, there was a feature on the next page that showed several surveys called "Hot or not?"

I saw one that said 'Is it hotter to be extroverted or introverted?' Now of course, there were other surveys such as 'Is it hotter to be taller or shorter?' and 'Which eye color is better?' (Psst, it's brown, and I'm not saying that because that's my eye color, I promise) but this is the one that interested me the most.

According to my school newspaper, it is much hotter to be extroverted than introverted. The results vary for both guys and girls, but here they are.

85% of girls said that it is better, or 'hotter' for guys to be extroverted, and 15% of girls said that it is 'hotter' to be introverted. As for the guys, 66% of them prefer extroverts, while 33% of them prefer introverts.

That means that 1 out of 3 guys think that being introverted is a better personality trait, and about 1 out of 7 girls think that being introverted is a better personality trait.

Darn, that sucks.

One thing I'm curious about is what exactly what the people being surveyed thought when they heard the word "introvert" . In our society, "extrovert" is seen as a very positive description of someone. Or in other words, "Like, super HAWT."

Many times I've heard people being complimented by other people calling them extroverted, but I've actually never heard someone being called introverted as a compliment. Considering to that, when some people hear "introvert", they may assume it means someone who's very depressed and not normal.

If I thought that was what introvert meant and didn't really know about it, and I had to choose over someone who was "normal" and someone who I thought would become a serial killer, I'd pick the "normal" one. Nothing personal, but I just don't like having my head chopped off with an ax in the middle of the night.

Another thing I noticed was that more people thought they would be attracted to girls that were introverts than guys that were introverts.

This is odd. I never thought about the gender differences between introverts and extroverts before. But again, it could have something to do with what people think it means to be extroverted or introverted. People may see a more introverted guy as someone who isn't strong.

However, anyone that thinks that introverted people are weaker or won't stand up for themselves is sadly mistaken. My older cousin is an extreme introvert, but she is a black belt who can kick butt so watch out.

Despite all that, opposites tend to attract. Two different personality types often balance each other out. An extroverted guy may be attracted to an introvert girl not because he thinks he can control her, but because her personality fits with his. Same with an extroverted girl and introverted guy.

And yes, I just over analyzed and went all detective on a dumb school newspaper survey. Gimme a break, I'm bored. Anyway, does it really matter what's hot and what's not? Love is love.

For those of you interested in the rest of the survey results, more people from both genders thought bluer eyes were more attractive. Darn again. Oh well, brown eyes are still the bomb. Now, I would discuss the taller/shorter survey and the 95% of girls who thought taller guys were more attractive, but that's another story. (Poor short guys).