Personalities

No two oranges are the same. Some are small, and some are large. Some have seeds, and some don't. Some have more of that grotesque white stuff under the skin, and some do not. 

People are like oranges. Minus the disgusting white stuff part. And possibly the seed part as well. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that no two people act the same. Sure, people may have similar personalities, but no two people act exactly the same. The one thing that's always bothered me is that people's automatic assumption of quiet people is that they're either really smart, or really dumb.

I've mentioned this earlier, probably. People assume that quiet people have nothing to say. Intelligence comes in all forms, loud or quiet. An introvert is not a genius in disguise. That's not to say they're not smart, but they're not quiet because they feel they are above everyone else.

But another important point I wanted to bring up was to address something I'd heard someone say. Actually, two things.

Both of these things were said a fairly long time ago, maybe a year, but they were important enough that I remembered them both.

One of the things said by a classmate of mine was that quiet people were boring. They also said that if introverts acted like extroverts, they would be less sad or lonely. 

Can I just say how much it annoys me when people try to discuss something when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about? 

Introverted is not a synonym for sad or lonely. We can laugh. We can have fun. 

Why is it only quiet or introverted people that are accused of being boring? I've said it before. everyone has a personality. Sometimes if you want to know more about a person, you have to get them to trust you, or even just to know you a little better. 

If you don't truly know a person, don't make assumptions about them. 

It's like this. If you make me uncomfortable or nervous, I will act uncomfortable or nervous around you. Sometimes I'll go mute. That's not entirely the other person's fault. Other introverts are quiet because they're afraid to express themselves.

I know some of you may disagree with me, but trust me, sometimes expressing yourself is hard in middle school. It's the transition between when you're a little kid and wouldn't really question anything, and when you become a young adult and learn to accept people who are different from you. Middle school can be hard in that sense, but that's another story. 

But for real, nobody likes to be called "boring". Underneath every surface, there is a personality. It's rare, maybe even impossible, to find someone with a truly simple personality. Introverted or not, everyone always has something going on. 

Would you say I have a complex personality? Probably. Not many people see it. So, was that girl me? No. Only I get to make assumptions about myself. 

Don't let anyone tell you you're boring, or weird, or stupid, or nerdy. Don't even say those things about yourself, because they're simply not true. Unless it's the good weird. Or the good nerdy, of course. Maybe being nerdy isn't bad at all. Nerds unite!

Sorry, I'll stop now.