Are Introverts Boring?

So I was procrastinating yesterday and chose to spend some time surfing the internet. If you surf the internet long enough, you get sucked in and somehow end up at a video of a giraffe giving birth.

Yesterday, it wasn't that exciting. I found an article talking about what makes a person boring.

There are actually a lot of articles on this, but this particular was interesting to me. Why? Well, let's take a closer look at this.

So the author dude listed about ten different things that he thought made a person boring. What do you guys think number one was? Well, put simply, the author stated that being introverted is boring, and that boring people are introverted "at their cores"

Basically he said:

"Boring people usually aren't boring at their core, they are simply introverted. Don't be shy; talking to someone new won't kill you."

Well that's just dumb. Although it's definitely not the first time I've heard it. It's not true, though. Some of the most interesting people I've ever met have been "introverted at their core."

The premise of this seems to be that being introverted makes you boring, and introverts should talk more if they want to be more interesting.

I've probably mentioned this before, but you really should be careful of what you say. At least be a little more observant. You don't see me saying that all extroverts are annoying and talk too much. Which, by the way, they are not annoying and not all extroverts talk too much.

I don't get why people assume that someone who talks a lot must be an interesting person as compared to someone who talks less. Saying that is basically like saying this:

"Talking a lot makes you interesting. Doesn't matter what you talk about. If you talk about your husband's bowel movements day in and day out, that's okay. You're still interesting."

Yeah, no.

And you know what? I really don't mean to be offensive to people that do talk a lot. Because I know most of those kinds of people don't...talk about their husband's bowel movements day in and day out.

Oh, hey. Here's another delightful comment:

"Quiet people are boring because talking is what makes us a step above animals."

Well, humans ARE animals anyway. Doesn't matter what qualities we have. We're mammals. Unfortunately, some people have an IQ equivalent to that of a goldfish. That may not always be obvious in how much they talk. I've known people that could talk for hours without ever actually saying anything.

To be fair, I also know quiet people who only ever open their mouths to say something rude or negative. Obviously it is possible for quiet people to be boring or rude. But how much you talk doesn't really seem to be a defining factor for me.

You know, what a lot don't realize is that what makes someone boring is subjective. Boring people are defined by...people. Just because one person finds someone boring doesn't mean someone else will. Someone that is fascinated by flowers may find a florist interesting, while others will not.

Introverts are not boring because they're introverts. So don't let comments like that bother you or make you think that you cannot be an interesting person. Many people can be interesting and lively, despite being "introverted at their core".

I'll tell you what makes someone boring to me. To me, a boring person is one that complains about everything, that could give less than a crap what about others besides themselves, who isn't interested in doing anything but making fun of the differences between people instead of celebrating them.

Qualities like those are not things that you can't help, or have to remain with you forever. You can change some things about yourself. Some things you should change about yourself.

I actually have no conclusive ending to the post, but I had to add some words in because the word count before I put in this sentence was 666 and I did not want to publish it like that.

Until next time, comrades.