What Now? (Carl grimes fanfic)

The sun was pounding down on my tanned skin. I was tired. I looked over at my dog. He was trotting along sniffing. I pulled him closer with the leash. Hes been with me since it all came down to this. Hes all I have left.

The sun began to set as we came to a road. Few walkers were around but the sound of many threw me off guard. I looked around, was there a herd coming? I looked up the road and there it sat. A Prison. The fence had been fixed to be opened only from the inside. The dead were grouped up leaning on the fence causing it to sway back and forth.

'Should I take a chance and go over?' 

   'Would it be safe?'     

'If there were survivors there would they let me in?'

 All these scenarios ran in my head. I looked down at Rufus (my dog) expecting a reply. He looked up at me, eyes wide, tilting his head.
"Come on boy!" I said running to the fence.

Walking up to it I saw 2 people come running down. One was an older man. He look tired and dirty. The other was a boy looking about my age. His hair was to long but it fit him. He had a sheriff's hat on and a gun strapped around his thigh.

I looked at them, "please let me in!" I cried turning to see the herd see me and start after me.

"PLEASE!" I cried my fear boiling over. Tears brimming at my eyes. They noticed the herd and ran to open the gates.

I ran holding the leash to Rufus tight. The herd was to close. They took him. I stopped in my tracks watching the horror in front of me. The yelping of my dog rang through my ears. Blood spilling into the ground. And then he was quite. I stood there feeling my knees start to give. Arms wrapped around me and before I knew it I was in the gates of the prison in the arms of the boy. I looked at him before breaking down crying.

He looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe he didnt understand the importance of that dog to me. It hurt. Now I was alone except for the people here standing in front of me.

"I-I need that dog. I ne-need my dog back!" I cried dropping to the ground holding my knees, rocking myself back and forth.

"Listen I dont know who you are where you came from but theres no time to mourn over an animal." the man snarled. I looked at him as if he had said I was disgusting. Getting up onto my feet I got in his face "That animal was all I had left mister!" I huffed cooling off then I looked over at the boy

"Thank you for saving my life though." I said forcing a smile unto my face. He nodded.

"Look mister I am all alone and starving. I've been like that since this whole thing started. I use this hunting knife to fight the sick off." I pulled out my knife and he reached for it. I gave it to him.

"sick?" the boy asked looking at me. "Um yeah...what do you call'em?" he chuckled "walkers" he stated looking down at the ground then up to me. I smiled.

"Huh. Look ill do what I have to, to earn my stay. If you decide to let me call it home..." I looked at the man with eagerness.

"Answer these three questions then ill talk it over with my group. " "ok?"I asked waiting for the questions. "How many walkers have you killed?" he looked down at me.

"Um 70 some, I guess? " he shook his head.

"Your name?" I smiled "Emeli Rose Renee!" I said still smiling like I was stupid but it had been so long since I said my name. I shook the smile off. "How many people have you killed?" I looked at him with a weird look. "None." he looked in my eyes. as if searching for the truth.

"Ok..but if you try anything I mean ANYTHING. ...you'll be back where you started. OK?" the seriousness in his voice made me swallow the lump in my throat. I shook my head fast.

"What about your groups decision?" he looked at me "They'll aprove." He turned to walk "thank you!" I told him as I followed him. The boy next to me. "Yeah" his accent sharp.

Emeli is in! Carl saved her! Does rick like her? oh boy! what do you guys think? ya like my new story?