Chapter 25 - Lost

You know that feeling you get when your all alone and your back itches due to the constant feeling of someone watching you. Well, that's how I felt right about now. I was walking through an open meadow that had flowers of every possible color.

It seemed as if the world was silent. Almost to silent.  And I was all alone stuck out in the middle of this  God forsaken meadow. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I knew somehow I wasn't alone.

Am I dreaming?

I thought to myself and held my hands up to my face as I counted the fingers on each hand.

No, I'm not dreaming.

I had five fingers on each hand, but that didn't necessarily mean I wasn't dreaming. Off near the edge of the meadow was the forest line. There in a white dress and long blonde hair stood a very skinny woman. She wasn't anorexic skinny, but a type of skinny that fit her angelic looks.

I watched her for a minute, just as she watched me. A welcoming smile rose to her lips when she noticed my stare on her. My right foot stepped in front of me and started to lead the rest of my starved body towards her.

When I finally did reach her, she held out her hand, still that welcoming smile greeted me. I hesitated at first to grab her hand but when she started to pull it back, I outstretched my hand to hers and locked on.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I just want to help you."  She spoke for the first time which eased my tension towards her.

"My name is..." She never finished her sentence as her voice faded into a gurgled moan that I knew all to well. The flowers behind us in the meadow drooped black and the trees in the forest all started to crack just like they do in the movies.

What's happening?

I asked her but when I looked where she once stood, she was no longer there. Then, everything went black.

When my eyes cracked open to reveal a full moon overhead and the blurriness in my eyes faded, I made out the shadowy figure down at my foot to be nothing but a walker. Just my luck. It's decayed teeth fought to bite through the black converses that concealed my feet.

I quickly gained ahold of myself and desperately searched for a weapon as I was defensive less. Luckily for me, there was a large rock near my head which I quickly grabbed and balanced in my hands. The walker's attention turned to me and he lurched forward off the ground up to my head just as I forced the rock in it's head. Repeatedly smashing it against the dead's skull.  

My triumph was short lived when I heard faint moans nearby. There's never enough time to celebrate, let alone rest.

I scrambled to my feet and started to run in the other direction away from the moans. A sharp, agonizing pain struck my head once I gained full consciousness. I was completely aware of my surroundings but not of my well being.

I lifted my fingers to the aching spot on my head to only hiss in pain. The blood ran down my fingers just as the warm liquid did on the side of my face.  But I had to keep pushing on further. I didn't want to end up being walker bait.

It felt as though I had been running for hours but really it was only fifteen minutes. I had came to the railroad tracks which gave me two options. Go left or go right. I decided to take a break which was greatly needed. I sat down on one of the rails and closed my eyes.

Really, I didn't care if was vulnerable. I was just tired and pissed at myself for running away from Carl. He was my life saver. I need him with me right now. How would I explain to him why I ran. Truth was I was scared of him. He somehow brought memories back to that man. That stupid sick man that wanted to r*pe me.

I ran a hand through my oily hair but froze at the sudden sound of voices. They came from my left and I jumped off the rail and stood staring at the emerging figures down the railroad tracks.

A/N: So......................................... What do you think???? Any comments?