Chapter 3 - its nothing

"What did I do?" "Where did you go?" "Why did you leave us!" "WHY!" "WHY DID YOU LEAVE..HUH EMELI!!?"

"NO!" I yelled awake awake. The screams still ringing in my ear. Sweat rolling down my forehead. "Are you alright?" a voice asked from the cell door. I looked up to see Carl standing with a worried look on his face. "Im-im ok.." I breathed. Still trying to catch my breath. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Yea im fine. It was just a bad dream..that's all." I explained to him while climbing down the bunk.

"I use to have them to..when my mom died.." he trailed off still standing at the door. "Your Mom died?" I asked shocked. "Well yeah she did..During child birth." 

"Oh that explains the baby I saw." I said putting the pieces together. "im sorry I didnt mean to bring it up." I apologized to him knowing it probably made him sad. "Dont apologize, thats what upsets me." I looked at him Strange. "Well..." this just got awkward. Now what did I tell him. 'im sorry that im sorry?'  "Look do you want to help me feed the pigs?" he asked scratching the back of his neck.  "Are there piglets?" I asked him. "Yeah there are."   "Well count me in!"

*******

"So how old are you?" he asked me as we walked down the to the pigs pen. "Im 14 what about you?" he smiled "Same here."

We finally made it down to the pen. I looked inside at the pigs walking around waiting to be fed. "Whats wrong with that one?" I asked him looking at a pig laid out on the other side of the pen. "Oh violet? I dont think shes feeling well." he told me grabbing a bucket full of weeds.

"Here pour them into the bin."  he handed me a bucket and walked over to the other side of the bin. "So um..where's Patrick? " I asked him trying to make conversation, while we poured the weeds into the bin. He looked up to me with a slight frown. "Oh..um hes with the others. At story time." I let a giggle slip. "Story time?" I asked him with a humorous face. "Yeah, I know it sounds childish, but I think something else is up" he told me, taking the buckets and setting them down. He brushed his hands off and looked back to me. "Know what do you want to do." he asked and I grinned "How about we go check out story time?" This was the perfect plan.

******

"Today were gonna learn about knives, how to hold them, how to handle them"

we snuck through the library. All the parents had left and now Carol was talking about this. We knelt down behind a bookshelf and listened. Carl peeking over the shelf at Carol and what she was doing. "May I be excused? im not feeling to well." I heard Patrick ask. This got my interest and I to had to take a look. Carol had a box full of knives. All the kids were here. It was like they had this all planned out, and they did. "What are you gonna do when your out there all alone and feel sick? You just gonna give up?" Carol asked patrick still holding a knife. "No mam, its just I dont want to barf on anyone. " Lizzie and mika quickly scooting away. "Ok you can go" Carol excused Patrick.  He hurries out the room. Carol went on about knives until Carl had had enough. He stood up and I soon followed him. Carol noticed us, along witj everyone else. "Please dont tell your father." she pleaded with Carl.  He grabbed my hand and rushed out of the room.

*******

"I can't believe this..I Cant believe her!!" Carl yelled as we walked into his cell . "Um carl?" I tried to get his attention but he kept on. "How could she do this, behind my dads back!?" I looked at him nodding my head. "I know carl but um.." he still paid no attention.  It was like he was in his own world.  "What am I going to do?" he asked pacing. He didnt realize that he never let go of my hand. "Carl!" I raised my voice. It seemed to knock him out of his trance. "What?" he asked me. "my hand." I told him looking at our hands intwined. "Oh..sorry. " he blushed, turning away. I smiled cause..he blushed. I know that somewhere I had feelings for him but I didn't know what they were. So I decided to play around with them. Carl sat down next to me on his bed. "Can I ask you something. " I looked straight ahead not wanting to make eye contact.  "Yeah you can." he turned to look at me, which made me quite uncomfortable.  "Have you ever..." I stopped.  I held my breath.  What if I do ask him and he hates me after it. Did I even have the guts to ask him it. "kissed a girl?" he finished my sentence.  I looked to him completely shocked. How did he know what I was gonna say? "I-I dont mean to get personal." "No its fine. And No I haven't." he smiled. "Oh" I blushed again. Pulling a piece of hair behind my ear. "Do you um..wanna be the first?" he asked smiling like a fool. I looked at him as my heart jumped out of my chest. I was falling hard for this boy.

A/N: Comment if u want more ;)