Chapter 12 - "What did I just do?"

It was night when I woke up to a frantic Carl. "Stay here no matter what." he said it so fast and then darted out of the cell. Of course being the hard head I was, I didn't listen. I was up in a matter of seconds. Following his running footsteps through the prison. I followed him all the way outside.

I walked out looking everywhere for him. I spotted him by the fence with his Dad. They were pushing sticks up to the fence to keep the walkers out. I sighed, thinking that something bad was happening. He got me all worried for nothing. At least that's what I was thinking.

****Carl's P.O.V****

I was helping my dad at the fences. Knowing Emeli, she would wake up and notice me gone and go get in trouble. I told her to stay in the cell but something kept telling me otherwise. I shrugged the feeling off as I went back to helping my dad.

"So Emeli's good?" My dad asked as we walked to get another log. "Yeah, I guess she's doing better." I told him and he looked at me funny. "What do you mean you guess?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Some days she's better than others. She sleeps a lot now. I think its a way she copes with losing her foot. I know one thing, she thinks of herself different now." I told him and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well don't go let her think she's ugly. I know most people think if they lose a limb, they're different from everyone else. But you got to keep her straight." My dad told me and I nodded.

We positioned the log up to the fence. I heard a cracking noise, looking over at another beam; I watched it snap like a twig. "Run!" My dad yelled at me and I didn't hesitate to do as I was told. Checking to make sure he was behind me, he was.

I ran to the door and waited for him to grab it. He slammed it shut when he was inside. I came out into the open to watch the walkers that had now pilled into the fences. 'Great' I thought watching them shake the last fence that separated us.

I watched as my dad ran over to the carts of guns and ammo. I knew what he was thinking when he handed me an automatic rifle. "You got it?" he asked as I loaded it. "Yeah." I replied glancing over at the walkers.

That's when I heard it. That soft voice. Emeli. I turned around and saw her standing there. "No, I told you to stay in the cell." I fussed to her. I heard the fence bust and I turned to see walkers piling in, one by one. "Carl?" her voice a little shaky. "Go!" I yelled at her as I fired at the group of killers in front of me. Not able to check and see if she listened.

I knew she hadn't when I heard gunfire from the spot next to me. I looked over and saw her with a gun. I didn't stop her as we could use all the help we could get right now.

***Emeli's P.O.V***

"Carl?" I called for him just as the walkers burst through the fence. "Go!" he yelled at me before he turned and fired on the herd.

I couldn't just leave him and his dad and not help. I ran over and grabbed a gun, loading it, and taking a spot on the other side of him. Then I fired.

I aimed for their heads. Pulling the trigger and counting as I took them down. Rick and Carl moving around to get a better aim on some.

Finally, they were all down. Carl's attention landing on me. 'Here we go.' I thought as he walked in front of me.

"I thought I told you to go." he asked a bit annoyed. "Well I'm sorry for helping. I should be getting a thank you." I fussed back to him raising an eyebrow to him.

"Well thank you for not listening." he shot back. He walked over and put his gun up, replacing it with a metal stick so he could stab those left alive.

"Your welcome." I followed him. He stabbed a walker in the head and looked up glaring hard at me. "Your so hard headed." he mumbled under his breath. "What was that? I didn't hear you." I told him putting a hand to my ear.

"Oh yeah, your real funny." he said sarcastically. I started to say something back but Rick stopped me. "That's enough." he looked at both of us. "Settle this later." he said as he stabbed a walker that was hissing.

I walked back to the cell block. Pissed.

I was trying to help and he wasn't grateful for that. He always found something to argue to me about. No matter what it was.

'Oh we'll settle it later, alright.' I thought to myself as I walked into the prison.

***Later****

I was sitting on the bed when Carl walked to the door. He looked at me then to the floor.  "Here to finish what you started?" I asked him. "It's what you started." he mumbled taking his hat off.

"Look, all I did was help. And telling me to stay here was useless. You know I do what I want to, and yeah, I might be stubborn." I stood up in front of him.  "But your not my Father. Your not my Mother. So you sure as hell ain't gonna tell me what to do." I told him pointing a finger in his face.

"Oh well, I'm sorry for caring about you." He looked at me with anger. I was mad but he was right. He was just trying to make sure I was safe. "Well I..." I couldn't say anything against him on that.

"Oh now you don't have anything to say?" he asked leaving the room. "Wait Carl!" I walked after him. "What Emeli? What? I'm tired of arguing just let me be." he said as he walked backwards. Then spun around and left.

I sighed sitting back on the bed. "What did I just do?" I whispered to myself as I started to cry. I was all the time crying. Probably because I'm all the time screwing everything up.

A/N: So they've gotten themselves into a fight and Carl wants to be left alone. Will they makeup or breakup? Comment and tell me what you think will happen. Don't forget to vote!! Keri xx <3