Chapter 26 - Ethan

Should I run? Or should I wait for these people to reach me? They could hurt me. What would Rick do?

I decided I was better with a group than alone. I sat back down on the railroad tracks until the 5 figures reached me. They stopped and for awhile it was silent.

"Sweetie? Are you alone?" A voice I oddly recognized spoke.

My head swung in her direction to only meet the woman from my dream.

How could she be real?!

"Yes." My voice sounded exaggerated.

There along with her was a man who looked about her age, a  girl about Maggie's age with a small girl on her hip, and a boy who also had long dirty blonde hair. His hair was the lenght of Carl's. He had green eyes and was just a little more 'buff'.

"Your hurt!" The woman quickly stepped forward and examined the bloody hole on my forehead. I felt like I knew her which caused me keep my grounds. I trusted her.

"She needs to be healed Markus." She glanced to a man and he nodded.

"We'll build a fire and camp out the night. Come on." He started leading the others along with me through the woods.

****

"So, what happened?" She asked as we sat in front of a fire. I kept my stare on the blaze.

"I um, got separated from my group." I told her truthfully.

"Shame. You don't want to be alone these days."

That's how I was before I met Carl and the others. ALONE.

"How? How did you get separated?" The boy asked me from across the fire. I looked up to meet his gaze through the flames.

Before I could answer, the woman barged in, "Ethan, No. Let's leave her business be. It's not right to get nosy. She needs to rest and that's final."

I raised an eyebrow up in surprise. Wow.

Ethan kept his gaze on me which made me really uncomfortable. Finally the silence was broken.

"My name is Juliet by the way. That's my husband, Markus, and our son, Ethan." She pointed to them when she finished wrapping the bandage on my head.

"Thank you. I'm Emeli."  I smiled to them.

"I'm Ashley and this is Lucie kay." The younger brunette said holding the girl. I waved to her and she giggled as she hide behind Ethan.

It got quiet and all you could hear was the crackling of the fire and the leaves rustling. My mind raced between if Carl was alright and my stupidity for leaving him.

I'm one screwed up girl.

"Hungry?" Juliet held a can of beans up to me and I gladly took it.

"Very." I told her as I opened the can.

*****

I laid on a blanket that Ashley had offered me to sleep on. Juliet and Markus were up keeping watch.  I was half asleep when someone crawled next to me which caused me to jerk away from them.

"It's just me." Ethan whispered as he held uo his hands in defense.

"What do you want?" I asked. My words almost sounding threatening.

"I want to talk, that's all. I promise." I laid back down and signaled for him to do the same. He followed.

"What." I asked him as I stared up at the stars.

"How old are you?" He asked. "I'm 14, why?"

"Your the only person I've met that's my age since the start of all this." He sighed.

"Have you met anyone our age?" He waited for my reply.

"I um, have actually." I told him but he urged on.

"Who?"

I took a deep breath and sighed,

"My boyfriend."

A/N: I am so sorry for the last chapter. My wattpad messed up and thinks got messed up. So Yeah, And sorry for the super long wait. I love you guys. And thanks!

           Keri