Chapter 10 - Breaking point

We hit the floor hard. The impact knocking the wind out of me. I knew if I didn't fight I would get bit. So I jammed my thumbs into its eyes. The hissing of the walker getting louder the more I pushed them in.  I pushed it away and took this chance to scream. Sucking in as much air as I could and screaming out Carl's name.

He came running around the corner and saw the walker crawling over to me. He grabbed his gun from its holster and aimed it at the walker. Just as it grabbed my one foot, he fired. The bullet hitting its target and its head jerking back.

I sighed laying my head on the cold concrete. Carl ran over to me. Grabbing my arms and pulling me into his lap. I started to cry as he rocked me back and forth. "I'm scared." I told him as I cried in the crook  of his neck. "I know. But we need to get you your knife back, if you don't want a gun." he told me as I nodded my head. "Your ok, right?" he asked looking me over for scratches. "Yea, I guess." as I told him as he wiped my tears away. "Just please don't leave me alone again." I told him as he thumbed my cheek. "I wont. Pinkie promise." he held his pinkie out and I hooked mine around it. "Pinkie promise."

He helped me up and I looked around at the people looking at us. "Was anyone bit?" I asked them, but everyone shook their heads no. "Ill go around and check. You hungry?" he asked me as he sat me on the bed in our cell. "Yea." I told him, but he turned to walk out the cell. "Carl" I stopped him. "Pinkie promise, remember?" he smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me along to do a room check.

***********

We finished checking everyone, and no one was bit. But we found out the person who turned. She was an older lady that must have gotten sick over night. Carl decided we had to tell Hershel about the walker so the could get it out of our cell block.

We were walking out of our cell block when we heard Rick calling for Carl. We walked around the corner to find Him with a black duffle bag. "You okay?" Carl asked him as we stopped in front of him. "I should ask you the same thing." he said. Carl looked at me then back to his dad. "Someone changed and attacked Emeli." He told Rick and I looked down to the ground. "You okay? What about the body?" Rick asked me. "Yea I'm fine. But the body's still in there. We were just on our way to find Hershel and tell him." I explained to him. "No. No, I'll tell him. But here, there's some fruit in there. Just make sure everyone brushes their teeth afterwards." Carl grabbed the bag "Dad when can we come out?" He asked him as he threw the bag over his shoulder. "I don't know." Rick told him. Carl huffed and walked back to the cell block. I looked at Rick and turned to follow Carl.

*********

I ate a few peaches until I was full enough. Hershel came in our cell and Carl helped him put the body on the bed stroller. Hershel left with the body and Carl sat on the cell block stairs. I watched him as he held his gun in his hands. Something was wrong with him. His head hung as he dropped the gun. I walked over to him, picking the gun up and sitting next to him.

"Whats on your mind?" I asked him as I placed his gun back in it's holster. "I don't want to talk about it." he said placing his head in his hands. "Well Everything is going to work out." I whispered to him as I placed my hand on his shoulder. He jerked it off and stood up facing me. "You don't know that Emeli." he said glaring at me. "But it has to work out Carl. I mean I'm sure everything will." I explained to him as I stood up in front of him. "No It wont!" he yelled in my face as I took a step back.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to him for whatever I did that made him like this. "Yea, sure you are." he said chuckled stepping forward. "You dont know what I've gone through." He said sticking up a finger to me. "You right. I dont! So forgive me for caring! Your such a jerk sometimes." I told him as I walked into our cell.

I turned over the table in the cell, yanked the covers off the bed. I threw the pillows at Carl as he came through the cell door. "I HATE YOU!" I screamed at him. I cried harder and harder. Carl grabbed me from behind and held me, trying to stop me from trashing the cell up anymore than I had already done. "Stop it!" he yelled at me as I wiggled out of his grip. I turned to face him as I backed up to the the wall. I slid down it and cried. "I'm sorry." he said as he sat down next to me. "It's just this place, being stuck in this cell is starting to get to me and, I miss my mom." he said putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Me too." I told him laying my head into his side. "Are you guys alright?" Mika asked stepping to the door. I nodded "Yeah we just got into a little fight." She shook her head and left. It was more our breaking point than a fight.

A/N: Hey loves! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. So yeah they got into a little fight and I think Emeli took it hard. But If you guys like teen wolf too! Then please check out my new Derek Hale book I dedicated to my best friend. Thanks Babes! Comment/ Vote/ Follow/ heart