Chapter 28 - Perfectly Imperfect

"Ethan!" Julie screamed as she ran around the trees the closed us in. Her eyes immediately falling to the green eyed boy on the ground.

"No! Ethan!" Seconds later Markus, Ashley and Lucie kay were all standing in front of us. I was speechless.

I turned to Carl who had no emotion whatsoever on his face.

"You fool!" I screamed as Rick, Daryl and Michonne came through the brush.

"How could you!" I started crying.

No, I hadn't grown close to Ethan, nor did I know him that long but he was a good kid.

Markus was now the one with his gun raised at Carl. Rick and Daryl raised their weapons while Michonne pulled me back and withdrew her sword.

"You killed my son!" Markus yelled at Carl who stared at me.

" Markus." I started as I stepped to stop him from shooting anyone.

"Stop Emeli! He deserves what he has coming." Markus said through clenched teeth.

"No!" I screamed as I shoved Carl out of the way.

The next few seconda were filled with the awful sound of a gun fight and stammering feet. All I could think about was if Carl was okay and if Lucie kay wasn't hit. She deserved a real life and a safe life like Judith did.

After the gunfire seceded, Carl was hovering over my body and I smiled at him as best as I could. But he was... crying.

"Carl? Are you hurt?" I asked as I tried to sit up but a sharp pain ran up the side of my stomach. I hissed in pain and groaned.

"No, but you are." He said rubbing the side of my face.

"Shit." I sighed.

Daryl came racing over and lightly shoved Carl out of the way. He pulled up my shirt and pressed a bandana to the bullet hole.

The bushes started to shake and faint moans from walkers could be heard.

"Dammit! We need to get her out of here."  Daryl said to a crouched down Rick and Michonne.

He threw his crossbow over his shoulder then picked me up bridal style and started running away along with the others.

*********

"Your lucky." Daryl said as he poured more alcohol on my wound.

"How am I lucky?" I asked grinding my teeth together in pain. He chuckled at my reaction.

"Cause it only grazed ya." He wiped over it.

"Did they get away?" I asked with said eyes. They all looked at me except... Carl.

"Who?" Michonne asked.

"The girls. The brunette and her daughter. Ashley and Lucie Kay!" I cried in worry. Rick sighed and wiped his face in frustration.

Daryl gave me a look of regret and my anger that was bottled up inside boiled over.

"It's all your fault!" I screamed for the hundredth time at Carl.

"Oh don't start with me Emeli." Carl said glaring at me.

"If you wouldn't have shot Ethan; they would all be alive! But no! Your a cruel, ruthless piece of shit!" I screamed and stood up ignoring the burning sensation from my side.

"Actually, it's your fault. If you hadn't of ran away like an idiot. They would have still been alive!" He stood up to and stomped over to me.

"Don't blame that on me!" Carl was face to face with me when Daryl put his hand to his chest and pushed him back.

"Enough! You've both made a lot of noise!" Rick whispered yelled at us.

"We need to go." He then nodded to Daryl who picked me up once again. I buried my head in his chest and started to cry.

******

It was in the afternoon by now. I was sitting on another log while Rick and Daryl were inspecting the Terminus center through the gate. Michonne stood with them but she kept her glance on me.

Daryl had given me my gun and knife back which made me feel safer. Carl leaned against a tree and was loading bullets into his clip. I watched him; he had a look of determination on his face. His eyebrows were scrunched up and his lips pursed together. After awhile he looked up at me when he finished and I lowered my head to avoid eye contact.

But he surprised me when he came and sat beside me.

"I thought I would never find you. I thought you didn't love me anymore." He said taking off his hat and laying it next to him.

"I still love you silly." I said rolling my eyes.

"Then why did you run away from me?" He asked confused.

"Because, ever since that man, I haven't been myself. God Carl! I love you more than anything! I know we argue and fight but that's what shows we love each other. Cause were not perfect. We have imperfections. But your perfectly imperfect and so am I. I love you." I told him and he kissed me before I went on.

Maybe it was for the best to shut me up. I was an emotional mess right now. I missed his lips. They were the best thing for me now. No matter how much I hated him for killing Julie and the others, I stilled loved him. We had been through hell and back and that was a story to tell.

He was mine. And I was his. 

A/N: Hi there! You guys really make me laugh at your comments about Emeli and Carl's fighting. But that's how crazy in love they are. Anyways I hope you like this chappie! I wrote it as soon as I could. Thanks for sooo many reads and votes! Don't forget to comment! I love you all! Aha! Byeeee :) <3