Chapter 8 - Boyfriend

A/N: Hey loves...I only got one comment back :( That kinda makes me sad. But I'm still Gonna do this chapter for you all.

I woke up with the worst pain in my leg. "Hershel!" I cried. He walked in looking at me concerned. "What's wrong?" he looked down at me. "My leg, it hurts." I told him sitting up in the bed. "Let me get you some more medicine." He said walking out. I scooted back so I could lay my back on the wall. I sighed as the pain got worse.

I remembered the incident with Carl yesterday. How he left, mad. All I wanted was him. What kind of boyfriend leaves when his girlfriend needs him most!

Hershel walked in with a cup of water and a pill. "Here, take this." he said handing me the cup. I grabbed the pills and swallowed them; drinking the water to get them down. "Thanks" I smiled; handing him the cup back. He nodded "Anything else?" he asked. I looked up to him. "Well... I could use Carl but I know there's nothing you can do about that." he frowned looking at me.

"I think he needs some time." He said with an apologetic look on his face. I nodded as he turned and left. "Times all I have." I closed my eyes as I laid my head on the wall.

*****Carl*****

I was mad. She lost her foot because I wasn't there. She probably hates me now. I didn't want to see her after yesterday.

"You know, I had to give her some more medicine." Hershel said walking in the cell block room. I didn't say anything to him as he took a seat infront of me. "But the best medicine for her right now is you Carl." He said staring at me. "Hershel! I caused her to get hurt, how can I go in there and face her after that?" I yelled standing up and slamming my fist on the table.

"I cant lose her too." He looked at me and shook his head. "You didn't cause her to get hurt, that walker did. And you need to see her and tell her that." he said pointing I the direction of the cells. I sighed looking him in the eyes. "She's hurting because your not there next to her." he said as he got up and left.

I decided I would go and see her. If it stopped some of her pain then I'd do it.

I walked over to the cells and stopped infront of the one she was in. I took a deep breath as I walked in. I saw her laying down asleep. I pulled a chair up next to the bed and sat down. She looked so peaceful. Her eyelashes were long and her lips were plump and pink. Her cheeks weren't rosy like usual; they were pale. I could tell she was tired and exhausted.

I sighed sitting back in my chair, causing it to squeak. Then she stirred in her bed. Her eyes blinking open and her brown eyes meeting my own.

******Emeli******

I woke up to the sound of something creaking. I opened my eyes and saw Carl sitting in a chair next to my bed. I sat up in bed and he reached over to help me but I shrugged him away.

When I was finally up I looked at him. His eyes staring into mine. "What do you want?" I asked him trying to sound upset, I actually kinda was. "Hershel told me to come check on you." I looked at him with a blank stare. "Don't lie to me." I knew he was lying. He sighed and wiggled in his seat. "Why are you really here?" I asked him.

"I had to come see you. I feel like this is all my fault. I don't want to lose you like I lost my mom. I cant loss you. I just cant!" he started to cry as he leaned over on my bed. I held out my arms for him to come over. He sat on the edge of my bed and I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same to me. He cried into the crook of my neck as I hugged him tighter.

"This is not your fault. I went in there when I wasn't supposed to. I was so stupid!" I told him as he pulled away and looked at me. "I-I love you." he said as he leaned in and kissed me. I was in shock but I kissed back. I missed his kiss so bad. I missed how it felt even if it hadn't been that long ago.

We broke the kiss when Hershel, Daryl, and Rick walked in. I blushed red and Carl jumped up. Hershel smiled when Maggie walked in. "We brought you some crutches." he said laying them up against my bed. "Im gonna go on a run and find you a prosthetic piece for ya foot." Daryl said nodding as he spoke. "Thanks" I smiled to them as I looked at the crutches.

"When can I walk again? I mean when can I get up." I looked over to Hershel. "You can start now, if you want." he said and I nodded,  sitting on the edge of the bed. When my leg came out Carl looked down at my leg. His smile dropped and his hands balled into fists. "Help me up Carl?" I tried to distract him. He looked up at me and shook his head walking over to me.

As I was up I tried to gain my balanced as Hershel handed me a crutch at a time. I balanced on them and started walk. Hershel and the others moved as I hobbled out the cell and down the cell block. Spotting Beth walking in with Judith in her arms. "Beth! Judith!" I yelled to her. She walked over and smiled. "I cant be near you or Judith. You were in the infected cell. But its good to see you okay." She smiled. "Oh..Thanks." I frowned and turned back to Carl.

He and the others were looking at me. I walked back over to them. "Its nothing like walking." I told them as I walked back into my cell and sat down. "It'll be much easier when you get that piece." Hershel told me as Carl sat down next to me. Hershel looked at us and left.

I turned over to Carl and smiled. "I love you too." I told him as I leaned in and pecked him on the lips. He blushed and laid down on the bed with me. I closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me.

I love him.