Chapter 16 - Let me Go

Carl came rushing down the stairs. Worry written all over his face. "What! Whats wrong?" he asked concerned. I lifted my arm towards Rick, sticking my index finger out to point. His eyes followed over to his father.

"He wont wake up." I whispered to him. Wrapping my arms around myself, I watched him. He walked over to the couch and shook his fathers shoulder. "Wake up. Wake up." he said still shaking his father.

"Wake up. WAKE UP!!" He yelled finally grabbing both shoulders and shaking him violently. His eyes were watery but he wouldn't allow a tear to fall.

Banging on the front door stopped him. Walkers were trying to get inside. They most likely heard Carl's crys. I walked backwards to the kitchen table and retrieved my gun. Cocking it and walking towards the back door. Before I could reach the door, a hand grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Stay here. I'll take care of it." Carl said adjusting his holster on his leg and starting for the door.  I decided that I would take control and not let him boss me around. I ran as best as I could with my metal foot around him to the door.

Somehow he managed to get a grip around my waist and yank me back to him. At this point my back was pressed against his chest and I could feel his breath on my neck. Causing goosebumps to appear over my skin. My cheeks flushed a bright pink and I moved my face away from his view. Desperately trying to get out of his grip.

His hold tightened and I whined out in pain. "I said stay here." his voice stern.  "Well I'm not gonna listen." I told him. Finally his grip loosened and I tried to escape from him, to only be whipped back around, face to face with the blue eyed boy that I was so sheepishly in love with.

"Let me go." I whispered to him. We were nose to nose. "Let Me go too." he said, emphasising the me. I was taken back by his words. Not paying attention to his grip leaving my arms and walking out the door.  I was caught up in my thoughts. What did he mean 'Let me go?' Was he wanting me to let go of my feelings for him. My love for him.

I was totally confused but I was brought back to realization when it finally clicked that Carl was no linger standing in front of me. I jolted out the door and raced down the street. Carl was walking backwards calling to the two walkers that were following him. I smirked at him for choosing to do it this way. But I let him do his thing and kept my distance, trailing behind them.

After leading the two walkers far enough from the house and behind a shed, I thought Carl would kill them. But he didn't, instead he kept walking backwards. I watched him and as if out of nowhere a walker popped up behind him. My scream got caught in my throat causing it to come out in a whimper. His eyes focused on me and his eyebrows scruntched up. Hearing the moans from the danger behind him, Carl twirled around surprised trying to get out his gun fast enough.

He was sent flying to the ground in a panic at the on coming walkers. I was gasped when I lost sight of him as a walker fell on top of him. I grabbed my knife from its pouch and stuck the nearest walker in the head. Kicking it to the side, gunfire started going off around me. The shots ringing in my ears and I covered my ears from the sound.

The last walker falling down to its knees and desperately trying to get over the pile of walkers on Carl. With the weight bearing down on him, Carl shot at the walker but missed. Then firing again for it to go through its shoulder. He sent one more round from his gun and it went straight through its head.

I sighed in relief as Carl stood up from the ground and threw up. I put my knife back in its holder and walked with Carl back to the house.

******

"I killed those walkers for you!" Carl had been yelling at his father who still hadn't moved off the couch. I stood across the room watching. I wasnt for sure of Rick was dead or just passed out. And I secretly crossed my finger that he wasn't dead.

The yells and fuss to Rick went on. Finally stepping away from the couch and grabbing his sheriffs hat, Carl stood staring at his father.

"I wouldn't care if you did die." He marched away and out of the house. Soon I was hot on his trail.

"How could you say that?" I asked walking behind him. The reusable bag in my hand. He didn't reply causing me to huff in frustration.

We came upon a house with a walkway that led up to the steps and door. Smart ass Carl ran and slammed his shoulder against the door and ended up flying back down on the ground.

I smirked to myself. Then, Looking down the pathway I saw a garden lamp. An idea clicking in my head, I grabbed one and ran up to the door as fast as I could. Sticking the tip between the door, I pushed my way in. The door gave way and I grinned over to Carl who just rolled his eyes. Like a boss.

He elbowed me out of the way and took lead once inside the house.

A/N: So the next chapter will bw the rest of this episode and all of the next. Comment, vote, and thanks again for all the reads! Keri <3 xx