Chapter 27 - Don't hold my hand

I walked by Ashley and Lucie kay. Her small hand was in mine as we crossed the railroad tracks. She had strawberry blonde hair unlike her mother's brunette head.

"My feet huwt." She whined in a baby tone. Her words coming out mushy.

"Mine too but ya know what? Why don't you climb aboard the Emeli express!" I squatted in front of her small frame and she crawled up my back. I stood and gained my balance with her on me. The rocks under me caused it even harder to walk with my metal foot.

"Better?" I asked her as I started walking again.

"Yes!" she giggled.

"Your very good with her. Did you have a little sister?" Ashley asked as I walked up next to her.

"Oh, No. I had an older brother. We were close." I looked down at my foot and metal foot.

"Mommy, I want a shoe like Emeli!" Lucie Kay called off my back. I smirked and chuckled but Ashley frowned.

"Lucie kay! That's not a shoe!" I held a hand up in defense.

"It's cool. I'm not embarrassed or sad about losing my foot. I mean, it's a part of my journey. It's who I am." I explained to her as we came to a stop.

"Were close." Markus said inspecting the Terminus map. I was excited and desperate to get there. If Rick and Carl and the others were still on track; I would meet them soon enough.

A hand had slid into mine and locked hands with me. I was completely unaware. When I finally did realize it; I slapped the person away and instinctively punched them. It was Ethan.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He yelled holding his nose.

"Don't hold my hand!" I screamed at him and everybody stopped and looked at us.

"I'm sorry jeez!" He stood and patted his clothes off. I stormed off ahead of the others and Julie gave Ethan a fowl look before catching up to me.

"Emeli, wait up!" She called as the others jogged up behind us.

"Can we rest?" I asked stopping and looking eagerly at her. She sighed and nodded.

"Come on." Markus said a little pissed. He reminded me of Rick. A leader but always kind.

Ethan trailed behind us.

****

I sat away from the others on a log. A few trees hid me away but it gave me nice privacy until he showed up.

"Look, I'm sorry." Ethan said sitting on a log next to me.

"Leave me Alone." I mumbled as I stuck a stick I held in the mud.

"No, just give me a chance. Listen....please?" I sighed at him and nodded.

"I shouldn't have made that move on you. I was stupid. It's just... I haven't touched a girl my age since this all started. And your... well beautiful." He had me to a blush.

I whipped my head away from his green eyes that were hid behind his blonde tip bangs.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I asked hoping he would deny what he just admitted to me but he acknowledged it.

"Of course." He took his hand and grabbed my cheek gently and turned my head. If you had just walked up you would have thought he was gonna kiss me and thats what he started to do.

'Emeli! Don't do it! No matter how amazing his eyes are! Or how his lips are plump. He's like twin to Carl.'

In my head I was somehow convinced he WAS Carl. My Damn head. It was a BAD Idea.

"STOP!" I froze. Could it be? It is!

Carl.

"Get away from her!" He hissed. His gun was raised up to Ethan who now held his hands up and stood from the log.

I swallowed the huge lump that had formed in my throat.

I wanted to cry I was so happy to see him.

"Carl!" I jumped up to hug him but he only glared at me.

He saw what almost happened.

"What do you think your doing touching her?" He asked. His words were dripping with venom.

"I- We helped he, took her in. I just- I just..." He couldn't figure an excuse.

"Carl please stop!" I begged. I heard that Carl killed a boy before I found the prison. Another didn't need to die, but by the looks he was giving Ethan, I don't think he was gonna make it out alive. Cause if looks could kill, Ethan would have been dead.

Carl jerked his arm away from my grip on it.

"Emeli just get behind me!"

"No! I won't let you hurt him!" I fussed.

Ethan reached for his gun that was on the ground but before he reached it a lound bang rang through the air, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.

A/N: I'm very sorry for such a short chapter. I'm sorry for any errors of spelling. I will be dedicating the next chapter to another follower! I hope you enjoy! Comment/Vote/heart