48.

This is a War by Losers

Amoura returns to her office where a stack of papers was waiting for her to look through. Amoura sits down and stares out the window for a few seconds as she tries to catch her breath. She calls McAllister to let him know she's back and in her office.

"Commander, you have a call from a General in Florence," Ami, Amoura's secretary calls through the intercom on her desk that has a direct line to the intercom on Amoura's desk. 

Amoura picks up the phone. The General tells her about the up rises in Florence and his dire need of help. "I'll have troops deploy no later than tonight," Amoura hangs up and calls in her four of her units

General Granger who is Frontlines shows up first, followed by her husband General McAllister who is also a Frontlines, Goodmen who is a Medical and Rowan her Sealth Unit General.

"Florence is a having violent uprising. The four of you will go and assist General Fify to contain the situation. Goodmen you will set up anywhere its safe and your location will be the home base. General Fify already knows this. Rowan your squad is to clear out any threats while McAllister or Granger covers you. The frontline unit that isn't covering Rowan will be a part of the search and rescue. Understood?" They all look at her, "'yes, ma'am!'" She nods, "good because you all leave immediately." Amoura dismisses them and Clive hangs back.

"You'll be okay while I'm gone?" Amoura sits back down as he walks over and leans against the desk, "yeah, I'll keep myself busy learn how to cook," He looks at her, "please don't kill May, I've come to really like her." Amoura slaps his thigh with a booklet, "get out." He smiles and kisses her forehead. "I'll be back soon Commander."

"No risk taking," She calls out to him as he heads for the door. "You're the only risk I'll ever take." She smiles at him as he walks out.

Amoura returns to work when commotion outside draws her out of her concentration. The door flies open and two women and a man waltz in, Amy rushes in after them. "I'm sorry Commander, I tried stopping them," Amy catches her breath as Amoura looks at them, "who are they?" She asks Amy, "they're the European Commanders, they've been here every day for the past month wanting to talk to you." Amoura looks back at them, "talk to me about what?"

"You're an American. An American taking charge of a European Base!" The man explodes, "Commander Bernard runs a U.S base." Amoura looks at them as she sits back, and interweaves her fingers together. "Commander Russo handed his leadership to him twenty years ago. It is different," Female Commander Ricci growls as her body shifts her weight from leg to leg from anger. 

"How? He's an Italian Commander taking charge of an American base and I'm an American Commander taking charge of an Italian Base. The S.I.D.O board accepted my taking over this base when I became Commander. So I will not let you come into my office and try to reticule me because I'm American. I am a Commander and you will respect me. Especially in my office Generals!" Amoura stands and slams her hands on her desk.

"Anything else?" They look at her as they all take deep breaths contemplating whether or not to keep complaining. "If that is all, please close the door behind you, I have a base to run." Amoura leans forward and continues her work.

Amy walks back in after they leave, "the General's have left the base, Commander." Amoura looks at Amy and nods. "Good, is the monthly report in yet?" Amy looks through the files she's holding "no, but the units arriving on the post within the next few weeks is." Amy hands her the files as Amoura tells her all the papers that must be distributed. "Did they come of their own accord or did their Commander send them?" 

"Their Commander is Bernard so I don't believe they had his permission to come. I know they are in Tuscany waiting for a Commander Lincoln so they could return to the states," Amoura nods at Ami's words before letting her go.