68.

I wake up to Amari and Mirai jumping on my bed, "can I help you two?" They jump on me, "come eat momma!" I hug them before getting up, "what's there to eat?" I ask them as I carry them down.

"Pancakes!" I laugh at their enthusiasm, "alright." I sit them down on the stools before serving us food. "Amoura?" I look up as May walks on, "school starts soon and I was hoping you would take me shopping. If you're not busy!"

"Give me an hour to get ready." She smiles and rushes upstairs, "come on you two eat so we can go get ready to go into town." They nod and finish their food.

"He hasn't come by," I look up and see Lisa lingering at the kitchen opening, "since you told him those things." I sigh, "I only spoke the truth," Lisa walks up to the island, "it's been a month Amoura. Talk to him," Lisa pleads, "there's nothing left to say. It's done, let it go."

"You know I can't do that." I look at her, "you're going to have to, because there's nothing left between Heminsworth and me besides anger and resentment." I walk off, "Amoura!" I growl and turn around, "if you're so worried about him maybe you should tell him your alive and mother him. Stop pushing your unresolved issues on me Lisa. Heminsworth and I aren't going to happen."

An hour later I join May in the foyer, "ready?" She nods, "just waiting for Sara. She actually agreed to go with us." I nod and wait for them in the car.

We shop in town till evening, stopping for dinner before returning to the pack house, "thanks Amoura. I'm going to put my new clothes away I nod and leave the girls baking with Aunt Wendy before going out for a walk.

I was on my way back when my ankle gets caught in a bear trap. "Son of- I'm going to kill whoever did this." I mutter before warning the pack. "Alpha are you all right?" Mark asks via mind link. "Yes it's just my leg, I'm about to heal. Search the borders, watch out for bear traps. Stay in groups." They quickly reply, "yes, Alpha."

I close the mind link, as soon as break open the bear trap I'm bombarded with silver arrows. "See that's how you kill an alpha." I growl, "not this Alpha." I pull out the arrows from my chest, "that's impossible we used all our arrows."

"Here you can have them back." I throw them back at them, I wait until their hearts stop beating to return to the evacuated pack house to shower and change.

I make my way back outside with a sword. "Updates?" I ask into the mind link, "we found multiple traps and came across multiple small groups of hunters just now." Mark responds first. "Take them all out."

I head to the Langston pack and warm the alphas of the hunters before sending a group of fighter to warm Heminsworth. We go through the whole territory and remove all the traps we see. "Alpha hunters by the creek near the newly finished houses." Delta Noel speaks up, "I'm on my way."

I arrive just in time to stop a Hunter from killing my Beta. "As of next week, we will be beginning training, military style. You all will learn how to fight like me. Keep sweeping the area." I was by the edge when I hear Heminsworth growl in pain. "Damn it." The little piece of my brain that takes after my father's instinct to protect everyone causes me to jump over and rush to help him. I cut off the hunters head before he could stab Heminsworth. "Gone soft on me Blackharth?" He growls at me as he frees himself. We cover each other's backs as we take down the hunters rushing us.

"Unless you're certain that arrow will kill me, I suggest you drop it." I ask as I pick up a dagger from a dead Hunter by my feet.

He raises his bow so I throw the dagger right in between his eyes. I use his bow and arrows and my wolf eyes to take down the hunters left in the forest. "Alex are we clear?" I ask my Gamma, "yes, we haven't found any more hunters and we're sweeping the area for traps."

I look at Heminsworth, "you're territory might have traps too. You might want to look out for those." I say as I drop the bow and arrow and walk up to the back to my pack house. "Damn you wolf!" A hunter runs up to me, as soon as he's close enough I cut out his throat. "Useless human," I mutter as I walk away.

I return to the pack house and I quickly dispose of the scent of blood I was wearing by showering and changing once more before finding my daughters.

I was drinking wine and watching Amari and Mirai eat when a group of women approach the table. "Alpha my brother said you told the pack fighters you were going to teach them how to fight like you?" I nod as my chest starts to tighten. "We want to learn how to fight too Alpha. We can't keep taking the side lines, not with this many Hunter attacks." I nod, "okay."

"Alpha are you alright?" The wine glass slips as I stumble, "no I can't, I can't breathe properly." I say as I try to breath, as an eerie familiar returns, "damn it! It's Wolfsbane! Come with me." I get up and stumble out of the kitchen.

Jamie catches me as I stumble into the medical room, "what's wrong?" I can hear the panic in her voice, "You need to cut into my chest." I stop her from speaking "if you don't I'll die. I'll explain it later just do it!" She nods and grabs a scaple and cuts where I tell her. Air fills my lungs as the wolfsbane leaves my body. "Thank you." I sit up as the cut heals. "We have to get to the injured." I bolt to me feet.

"What's happening to them?!" Jamie looks at me. "It's Wolfsbane. It's not commonly used by hunters in the US. But it's lethal to shifters. If they've healed cut into their chest to release the wolfsbane. If the wound is still there burn the Wolfsbane. Hurry! Before it kills them." She nods and we rush to help them.

I stop when I realize Heminsworth was wounded by their weapons to, "I have to go." I bolt out and head across the territory. I rush inside and get greeted by a group of wolves. "Where's Heminsworth?" I ask, "Why do you care?" A woman splats as something crashes, "damn it!" I run to the kitchen and I search for a knife before running into the study.

I grab him as he's about to collapse. "Hold him down." I say as he starts suficating, "What are you doing?" He starts convulsing, "saving his life now hurry up or he'll die!" They hold him still as I cut open his shirt before cutting into his chest. He inhales as the wolfsbane leaves his body.

"Do you have injured?" He nods and I get up, "take me to them." A pack member shows me where they are. I tell the pack doctor the same I told mine. I walk back up once I finish helping remove the wolfsbane from everyone.

"What the hell is wolfsbane poisoning, and how do you know about it?"  Heminsworth asks, "it's a herb that's poisonious to shifters, its mainly used by European hunters" I mutter as I throw the knife in the trash before heading to the door. "Amoura-" I look at him before he speaks I notice his cut. "You haven't healed." He looks down, "no my healings slowed down." I look at him, "when did it slow down?" I ask as I walk up to him, "I don't know, some time ago."

"When?" I ask sternly, "about two years ago." I look at my hands. "Around winter?" He nods, "why?" I fist my hands, "that's what you meant when you said I took your healing abilities."

"Why Amoura?" He asks once again, "before Russia blew up, I was in a plane crash. I must have used up all the healing enhancer then, I must have taken your healing to heal myself. I'll figure out how to give you back your healing."

"You can't do that." He stops me, "I can and I will. I don't want your healing Heminsworth." I stare him down, "why because it's mine?"

"Something like that. Besides it's not mine to take. That benefit is for your mate." He doesn't hesitate, "then hurry up and let me mate you, and we won't have that problem."

I growl at his words, before looking at him, "anyways. You spent your whole life worrying about me, look what good it did you? Take care of yourself for once Heminsworth." I walk out and return home.

My Beta was waiting for me, "what is it?" He raises a bag covered in an unknown scent, "rogues?" He nods and I curse. "What is up with out pack getting constantly attacked."