55.

(A Fine Evening for a Rogue by Lydia)

The very next morning Amoura and six units arrive at Russia's main base, "Commander McAllister." Amoura walks off the plane ahead of her units and looks around the air strip, "Commander McAllister!" It takes Amoura a second to realize they're calling her, she looks over and sees a tall, blonde, Russian woman. "Commander Stone is fine."

"According to this its McAllister." Amoura nods as she approaches the woman. "It is but everyone knows me by my maiden name Stone. I haven't gotten used to McAllister yet." Amoura comments as the vehicles arrive and they pile on. An hour later they arrive at a small six building base.

The Command Center was at the center of the base, to the left is the calling center and to the right is the Cafeteria and supplies building. Right behind it splitting the housing buildings is the training building. Barracks, S.L's and the Captain's quarters on the right and the General's and Commander's quarters on the left. A frozen fountain at the center of the yard in front of the Command Center is the only decorative things around for miles.

"This way Commander." Amoura nods and follows the female officer. Amoura is led to the meeting rooms on the second floor, "excuse me, Commanders, Commander Stone is here." I step in, "we are waiting for Commander McAllister, not this Stone."

Amoura stops the female officer, "I am Commander McAllister, Stone is my maiden name." They look at her as Commander Johnson walks in then, "Stone. I was wondering when you'd arrive."

"You've been here for a while you could have told them I don't go by McAllister." He smiles at her, "I thought someone should call you by your new name." Amoura gives him a sarcastic smile, "I'm sure that's why you did it."

"If you two are done with formalities we have business to attend to." The Russian Commander who has been leaning against the window speaks up. Amoura nods as maps are opened onto the table.

After an hour of going through the maps, Amoura points to abandoned outlands, "what's here?"

"Nothing but abandoned towns, they'll be no one there." Russian Commander Sollov speaks up, "send Granger's unit there. It's the first place to set up troops without being detected. Tell Granger to do a full sweep." Commander Johnson looks at her, "this is why you should have kept your sixth unit."

"That's what I have yours for. Rowan doesn't train incompetence people." Johnson gives her a side eye, "I'll have General Maddox join General Granger." Amoura nods and Johnson walks out.

Amoura pulls the maps closer and compares them to the more in depth ones. "Are the maps for this area over here available?" The female officer who lead Amoura in nods and rushes off to get them.

Long after all the Commanders leave Amoura stays behind looking over the maps and coming up with strategies.

Commander Johnson walks into the training building and looks for General McAllister. "Commander!" Johnson waves McAllister's formalities away, "at ease. McAllister, I came here because Commander Stone has been in the meeting room since she arrived yesterday. Maybe you can knock some sense into her and make get some rest." McAllister looks at his unit, "don't worry I'll take over drills." Clive thanks him and walks off to the Command Center.

"Amoura." Clive walks in and sees Amoura resting on one hand and tapping the table with a pen with the other. "Yes, Clive?"

"You need sleep. Come on." Clive pulls the chair back, "no I need to finish this." Clive takes the pen from her hand, "Amoura you're so exhausted the page under your pen is empty. You can come back when you've rested." Clive pulls Amoura into his arms and teleports to his room.