75.

The next morning we head back into the edge fully prepared. We send down groups of wolves as we have more groups walk the top of the edge. I was apart of one of those people on the top. I was making my way to the edge when a large amount of loathe knocks the air out of me. Who could hate something this much?"Hemins..." I struggle to say as I fall down and I feel as if the loathing itself decided to wrap it's thin bone fingers around my neck. "Blackharth," I mumble as I see him stepping out of the forest line. "You-you're supposed to-" My words hitch themselves in my throat. "Be dead? Is that what you thought?" He says with a smile and he kneels in front of me. I can't breathe.

"You know I've always hated your parents. I'm not going to lie I was glad when I found out they were killed, even though I was aiming for you." He says with a smile. He walks up to me and injects me with something causing my insides to burn. "What did you?" "It's a new experiment, I've been working on. It's a lot like silver, in the fact that it hurts werewolves but it multiplies when it comes in contact with blood." I can taste the blood on my tongue. He smiles and pushes me back I stumble as the burning of my insides grows. I grab onto my throat as I start coughing up silverly blood. It's burning everything, I can't breathe, I can't "Hem- Hemis-" I never finish his name Blackharth cuts me off with a laugh. "He won't save you. Or have you forgotten he's never wanted you." He says with a smile. I fall to my knees and through my blurry vision, I watch him leave as I lay hopelessly on the ground begging for the burning to stop.

"Amoura." I hear and I open my eyes to Heminsworth above me. "It burns-" I cough up blood as I try to breathe. "I need-" I black out from the pain or maybe it's just that my mind decided to shut off but the next time I'm aware of my surroundings I have a tube in my chest. I could vaguely hear my sister asking Heminsworth about silver poisoning?"

"Alpha please lay still, we need to put a tube in to help you breathe." My pack doctor says as she walks in. "I'm fine. I'm already healing." "I pumped your stomach to make sure nothing stayed." She says to me. I try to get up and they stop me, and maybe it's because I feel sluggish and drowsy that I obey them. "He needs to know. Heminsworth needs to know his father is alive! "Hold her down she's convulsing!" I wake up and I notice that I'm laying on my chest and that I have ice packs on my body. "Whats going on?" I mumble "Alpha you're running a fever." Rene says to me. I wanted to laugh. "I'm not healing," "No Alpha you're not."

"My body is just overreacting. I'm fine." I mumble. "Alpha you have silver poisoning, but it's not really silver, so we have no way of treating it. You are not fine!" Jamie (the pack doctor) panics and I stare at the ugly white ceiling tile. "You have to drain me of my blood, the silver will continue to multiply for as long as my blood is tainted," I mumbled as sleep begins to win. When I wake up I notice that my lights were off and I was covered in cold water bags with a dialysis machine at my side. The ice must have melted against the heat of my body. I get up and I remove the IV before grabbing my the sweatpants and short sleeve shirt. I make my way out the pack house. With how slow I walk I'm surprised I haven't gotten caught and dragged back to my room.

I make my way through the forest until I reach the clearing. He's already there and he feels antsy- I can feel it, never thought I'd see the day that would happen. I walk into the clearing and he's pacing, on my side of the edge. "You shouldn't be up in this shape." He asks as he walks up to me. "I have this annoying undesirable need to see you, maybe it's because I'm dying," I say and he glares at my words. Before he could speak I tell him "shut up and humor me." I say as dots fill my vision "I think by now you figured out what is happening to me. My healing enhancer is gone and our mate bond is fading and the moment it disappears I'll lose whatever healing abilities I have left and if this doesn't kill me my weak body will." I say as my eyesight leaves me. "Heminsworth?" "Yeah," "I can't see," I feel his hand on my cheek before he picks me up, I rest my head against his chest, listening to Hemsworth's heartbeat, he squeezes me. "I won't let you die."

"Amoura, come on wake up," I hear Hemsworth's voice so I follow it and I wake up in the small cabin. I sit up, "what wrong?" "Your fever broke." He says to me. "I'm not letting you go." Before I can respond he straddles me and kisses me. When his lips part from mine I pull away. "What are you talking about?" I feel his arms around me tighten I know I screw up. I look up at his face and I see he's looking down at me. "Heminsworth," I say cautiously. "You look better." He says and I nod. "I feel better. You can answer me now." I say as I look at his arm. Instead, he squeezes me and he raises my head up and kisses me. "You're mine. I'm not letting you go this time." He mumbles as he deepens the kiss. I hold back a moan as I push us apart as I try to catch my breath. "You're mine, ever thinking you weren't was a mistake on your part." He says as he kisses my forehead.

"I need you, I need to hold you, to touch you. I need to have you, with me. This is the third time I almost lost you. I thought you'd be safer away from me, but I was I was wrong. I need you close. I want you close. Let me make it up to you for all the bad I've done to you, let me prove to you that you are the only woman I have and ever will love." He says as cups my face. I let my hand slide down his sides. "It's not you Heminsworth, I know the man you, it's me who's changed." "And it's you who will die, let me give you my healing abilities, I was born with extraordinary abilities to save you, don't you get it, I was born to live for you." "You were born with special abilities to save me." He looks at me, "so let me save you, don't ask to live my life without you Amoura."

"My body isn't the same as it used to be," I mumble and he rests his forehead against mine. "You're no longer the eighteen-year-old that gave up on me." He says and he moves his hand and I stop them. "That's not what I mean. I... I have scars on my body." I say and he kisses me. "Amoura you're still gorgeous to me." He says as he kisses my chest that isn't covered by the shirt. He pulls off my shirt and kisses all the scars on my stomach. "As beautiful as always." He says to me. He kisses me deeply, so I stop thinking and let myself feel.

I push him back without breaking our kiss and I straddle him. I kiss him forcefully. He sits up and I tangle my fingers in his hair. "No longer that innocent girl either," I mumble as I pull off his shirt. His lips find my neck and he trails kisses on my collarbone, as he lays us down and pulls off my pants. "Say it," I say to him as his hands roam down my stomach. "I love you Amoura Stone. I always have." He says as he kisses my neck, "I always will."