71.

"What time is it now?" I ask him. "Four A.M." He says "that explains why my skin is so wrinkly." "That because you're old." He says "if I'm old then you're ancient." I say to him. I sit down annoyed. It doesn't matter how much time passes I always feel like a child around him. "Go to sleep." He says "I'm to flustered to sleep." I mumble. "If that offer still stands, feel free to take full advantage of my hormonal self." I say and he growls "not funny Amoura." "Not trying to be. I just want this to be over." I say to him and I hear him growl. "Amoura." He warns. "Yeah yeah. If you're going to stand guard for the next three days at least bring me something else to eat." I say as I walk into the bathroom. I should have stayed home. I take out the water before curling up in the tub. The next three days are going to be long and painful.

I wake up and there's food in the closet. "Avoiding me?" I ask "yes." He says. I sit down and eat. "Never thought I'd eat food in a closet," I mumble as I finish it. "Here warden," I say as I walk into the closet. "Can I get out now?" "No." He replies "remind me why I'm compiling?" I ask "because you're no match for me." "Ha! Yeah right. Maybe ten years ago." I say to him. "Amoura. Why did you marry someone else?" He asks "Because I fell in love. I didn't mean to, but when I met him there was this connection, I too thought he was insane when he told me he loved me, it took me a while but I eventually came to the realization that I too had fallen for him." I say to him. Should I mention that Clive is dead and never coming back? "Can I get out now?" "No." "Why?" I whine. "Maybe because you're in heat and if you leave you'll sleep with anything that moves." He says to me. "Oh, so you wouldn't sleep with me?" I ask as I sit up. "No, I'll only be with you when you decide to be with me." He says to me. "What a gentleman. So you're going to take the chance of being celibate?" I ask him, he avoids my question, "what about you?" "Just because I don't want a mate doesn't mean I'll go without sex. I know a very handsome Russian who would be willing." I say and he growls. "Watch it Amoura." I chuckle as I crawl over to the tub to fill it with cold water. "Why did you accept my rejection so easily?"

"Honestly I figured I had nothing to gain fighting for you. After all those years spent together, I knew I couldn't get you to change your mind. So I decided not to fight it and left to the military. I was fine once I got used to it. I have a good eye for battle strategy. I told myself I'd get you out of my soul, and I did, but in doing so I lost mine, and I didn't really notice it." I say to him. "Heminsworth?" "Yeah." "Can I get out now?" "No. Now stop asking." He says as I take off his shirt and boxers and get into the cold water. "I really hate being in heat," I mumble as I sink into the water.

I wake up in a cold sweat from a very detailed sex dream. "You alright in there?" He says humorously. "Shut up," I say knowing fully well he knows what I was dreaming about. "What time is it now?" "It's eight P.M. You're bath supplies are in the next room." He says and I get up, wrap a towel around me and go eat. "I feel like a caged dog." "You're not a caged dog. You're a caged werewolf." "Let me out of here!" "No. You have one more day to go." He says to me. "Damn it Heminsworth!" "Oh, you'll live." "You're not the one trapped in a closet!" I say to him. "You have a bathroom." He comments and I glare at the door he is sitting against.

"Amoura why do you reject me?" "It's not that I'm rejecting you, I just don't feel what you do. I don't feel that spark in our touch. Your presence doesn't send me into a frenzy and makes me want to jump into bed with you. It's not you because Chandler is handsome too, yet I didn't feel anything but anger for him. I was angry that he wasn't the one I wanted." I pause to rest against the door. "Who is?" 

"It has nothing to do with the man you are because you're the same person I grew up loving. I loved you before I even knew you were my mate, and I know I should love you with this fierce passion but don't feel anything and that's me, not you."