Chapter six (Picture of Rebecca)

It had been an eventful day at school; Sam left early due to 'family problems' - not sure what that lie was for, I'd be gone too if something really did happen. I can't quite put my finger on what he's up to but it doesn't feel good. it's causing churning feelings in the pit of my stomach.

"Izzy?" Whispered my mother after a few eager tries. 

"Yes?" I said, completely confused; I was completely stuck in my day dreams and had been all day, getting kicked out of a lesson for 'poor listening skills' was not on my to do list, yet it happened accordingly. 

"What's wrong with you lately? Off school ill and now you're day dreaming." 

"Mum, I'm fine. I just need some space, it's been a tiring week at school." Her brow furrowed and she seemed a little concerned. "Uh- course work and mock exams are stressing," I proclaimed, saving my own ass. 

"Right... Well we'll need to go shopping soon for revision materials and new equipment for exams." She squeaked, walking out of the room in excitement. 

I never understand parents; what's so exciting about looking for materials that aren't going to help you anyway? I didn't want to tell her but I received my grade sheet today - lets just say she isn't going to like it. 

I dug my arm deep into my bag and pulled out the loose yellow sheet that I'd folded neatly. Maybe I should just throw it away? Or I could wait until my mock exams and give it to her when they're finished...

"What you got there?" Sam smirked, snatching the paper out of my soft grip.

"Hey! Give it back!" I chased him around the kitchen aisle and grabbed him by his collar. "That's not yours." 

"Oooo, Izzy's failing her lessons!" He laughed, turning around to face me. 

"I've been distracted," I blushed and peaked up through my eyelids. "Why are you being mean," I punched his chest aggressively. 

"Hey Iz," smiled Alex. "Ignore him, he's being a grumpy dick today."

"I can see that, what's wrong with you? Why did you leave so urgently?" 

Alex was Sam's best 'bro' as he likes to say. They used to do everything together but recently only get to see each other on a weekly basis - it's sad really. Not.

"Why am I being mean? It's normal, Izzy. I don't like you. I'm fed up of playing nice boy with you, get out of my face." He flung the paper across the kitchen floor and pushed me away from him. 

"Man, you don't have to be so mean to her." Alex groaned, picking the paper up from the floor and walking over to me. "Are you alright?"

I could feel the tears welling up from behind my eyes - Why was he treating me like this? Had I done something wrong... Just yesterday we were enjoying each others company and he called me baby... Oh. I get it, he's playing along with my game.

"I'm okay, Alex." I whispered, brushing my hands against my dress to put it back in place. "Thank you."

I had taken the piece of paper from him and grabbed my bags, ready to storm off upstairs. "Oh, and Sam, you wait."

His eyes met mine in a small glimpse and I glared him down in anger. I was seriously frustrated and a little upset that he'd do this to me.

~ Sam's P.O.V. ~

She didn't even whine at my betrail or seem at all sad. I felt my heartache slighty at the bitterness in her eyes. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, all to impress Alex? He didn't even agree to my 'manwhore' ways anymore, he just helped her like he wasn't the same... Maybe I was wrong, I didn't want her to hate me but I just couldn't let him know I love her. 

Apart from the fact Alex is here, I would have been like this anyway, pushing her away. Rebecca was back and I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if I should not see her or stop Izzy from being close to me. I didn't want to break her poor little heart, she was too gentle - maybe I've ruined that.

"Man, you don't have to be so harsh on the poor girl." Alex bit at me. "She's just trying to get through highschool by the looks of it."

"We play around all the time." I groaned.

"That wasn't playing. Are you ready to go to the beach?" 

"Yeah, let me just call Rebecca and ask when she's ready." I muttered.

"You're bringing a chick along? And worst of all, that bitch?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, and so are all the other lads."

"I wasn't told this, who am I supposed to bring?"

"I don't know, your mum perhaps." I let out a slight laugh and then narrowed my eyes back to my phone.

"Just for that I've found the perfect idea." He smirked, patting my back and running off into the distance.

~ Izzy's P.O.V. ~

There was a loud bang against my door as I was half way through getting dressed. It must have been my mother, I mean Sam and Alex had left ten minutes ago and my step dad was at work. I opened the door fully. "What do you want, Mu-" I paused and my eyes stared up at Alex. WHAT?! So here I was, stood in a skirt with messy half dried hair and my bra - could this really get any worse?

"I'm sorry," he laughed - oh right, just did. He pushed past me and sat down on my bed. "Do you want to come out tonight?" He tugged a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Where?" I whispered, feeling completely bewildered as I reached for my top and shoved it over my head. I brushed my fingers through my hair and only then did I realise I had no make up on. My face reddened.

"Don't be embarrassed, you look beautiful without any make up on." He smiled, a genuine smile. "To the beach, a few lads are going and taking girls with them. I thought what not a better way to invite the prettiest girl." 

I smiled softly, completely taken back my his calming words. "Is Sam going?" 

"Yes, he's taking Rebecca."

"The schools bitch?"

"Was, and yeah, so... do you want to?" 

I bit my lip nervously and straddled his lap. If Sam wants to play around with another girl, I'll play around with another guy. "She still is." I laughed. "How about we stay here," I whispered into his ear. I didn't intend on hurting Alex, I mean he probably doesn't even like me like that. 

Before I could rethink what I was going to do and who I was going to hurt, Alex's lips pressed against mine firmly, he kissed me gently and passiontely - like I wasn't just any girl. I pushed him back against the bed and pulled away to look into his eyes. "Maybe we should go," He whispered quietly, taking a deep breathe and lifting me up onto my feet. I don't know what just happened, but I couldn't let it happen again.