Chapter Fourteen

"Isabel Green!" Yelled an angry voice from the other side of the door. "If you don't open this door right now, I will break it down."

I pushed Sam up and looked for help in his confused eyes. He pulled my shirt over my head and passed me my shorts, placing my underwear in his draw.

"Here!" He whispered, placing his laptop in front of me and moving his mouse until the lock screen came up. After typing in his long winded password, he opened his previous film - Romeo and Juliet.

I let out a small smile. "I'm going in the bathroom!"

"Isabel!" My mum yelled once more. I dragged my fingers through my hair and scurried to the door.

"Yes mum?" I yawned. She looked at me in awe.

"Where is Sam?" She glared.

"He's in the bathroom, we were just watching Romeo and Juliet." I explained nervously.

"Have you seen this house?"

I let out a gulp. "No?"

"It is spotless! Spotless I tell you. I want to see Sam right now, I am very proud of you both. But why are you really in his room?" She questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"We were just watching a movie," I let out a sigh of relief. I thought Alex would have left it trashed, but he kept to his promise and that made me pleased.

"Hi," Sam smiled over at my mum. She looked at him, puzzled. "Something wrong?"

"You smiled at me," she stuttered. It wasn't every so often that Sam would even glance at her. "Are you guys sure you're ok?"

"Yes mum," I whispered. She pulled me into a hug and I held my breath.

"Well we had a long flight so we'll be off to bed, don't forget to get some sleep." She eyed us in suspicion.

I shut the door quietly and scurried over to the bed, my eyes shut tightly. "She could have caught us and we're-" Sam's lips came crashing down onto mine once more. I relaxed against him and he pulled me up onto his lap.

"Don't worry," he kissed my neck. "She won't catch us."

I rested my head on his shoulder before kissing his cheek. "I think we should stay away from that," I paused. "You know."

He sighed heavily. "But I can't," he stroked my cheek, "I'm falling for you."

I looked up at him, he had his eyes closed and his eyebrows furrowed. "I'm falling for you too," I whispered. "But right now I'm tired, so lets get some sleep."

I jumped up from his lap and began walking round his bed. I was half way there when he came up behind me, encircling me in his arms. "Don't go, baby." He breathed against my neck.

"Sam, I'm just going to the other side," I let out a small giggle and he released me. "In fact, let me change into my pyjama's."

I scurried out of the room and headed for my own. I just finished getting dressed, and the door opened slightly. "Isabel." A stern voice spoke. I looked up at Sam's dad hesitantly.

"Yes sir?"

"I know we're close, and that you're finally making a friendship with Sam." He muttered.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"But I have seen the way he looks at you." He blurted out in a whisper.

"I-I don't know what-" He placed his hand over my mouth.

"Don't lie to me, he likes you." He sighed. "And I don't look at your mother that way. Yeah, maybe when we met, but she just took over my home and my life. My son hates her, oh Izzy, I hate her."

I let out a gasp and held my hand over my mouth. "Wh-what?"

"I hate her. What's the point of being with a woman you hate."

"But I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong, I don't want to make you two siblings. Why have fake love, when there can be real one here already?" He smiled. "I know you like him too."

I blushed awkwardly and hugged him. "I knew you didn't like her."

"I'm ok with this, you know, you two. He needs a sustainable relationship, not some trashy whore like Rebecca."

I let out a sad chuckle and kept my distance. "I appreciate that, but please don't tell my mum." I pleaded. "She will kill us both."

"I won't," he sighed. "Goodnight." He kissed my forehead and hurried out of the room. I heard a load thud in the distance and a jumble of words.

"What did he want? He walked into me!" Sam cried out.

"He knows."

His eyes turned from happiness to panic. "My dad knows?"

"Yes. He accepts it, he hates my mum."

"Well then, that's good news for us." He swept me up off my feet in bridal style and locked the door behind him. "Lets sleep in your room tonight."

I smiled against his chest and he tucked us under the covers. Before he could blurt out another word, I blacked out.

-

~ Sam's P.O.V ~

She just had to go and ruin it. The one time I finally get Izzy into bed was the time she had to come home! I wasn't using her, that's for sure, but what girl wants their first time to end up like that? Sure I'm a jerk, but I know how to treat a girl.

I had just bumped into my dad and had Izzy explain what they spoke about - and let me just tell you; worst. thing. ever. I felt my whole courage slip away. I was relieved to hear he accepts us, because nothing was going to stop us.

"Lets sleep in your room tonight." I mumbled.

She placed her head against my chest and I pulled the covers over the two of us.

"I love you, Isabel Green." I whispered. I waited a few seconds before peering down - and to my surprise, she was fast asleep. "And I always will." I muttered, passing out.