Chapter 33: Should I call you Mrs Carter?

- EDITED -

A/N: Short chapter to bring the previous chapter to a close. I think this'll be finished quite soon. :)

------------

My eyes flickered open to the sound of snoring invading my ears. I whacked my arms around in hopes to shut it up, only to catch the air around me.

After taking a few looks around, I noticed Delilah asleep in the chair beside me. My vision was blurred, yet I tried to investigate the room I was in. The setting was identical to my room, it must be.

I heard the faint scurry of heavy feet moving towards the door, the breathing of someone in apprehension. A few minutes must have passed until the door handle twisted shakily, only to come to a halt.

I could hear the faint muttering between the two people stood just out of eye sight. "Don't disturb her," a unfamiliar voice slurred.

"But I did this," Sam's voice barely met my ears. "I need to talk to her. Move."

The girl grunted. "No. You're not seeing her."

"She is my fiancé, this is my house, move!" He practically screamed. I scurried back against the headboard and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep still - I didn't want to face him yet.

After a moment of silence the door swung open until it collided with the wall and swung back, presumably caught by Sam's hand. He moved quietly, whispering Delilah's name until she finally woke. After she acknowledged him, she snuck out the room and closed the door behind her.

"Oh Isabel, I'm so sorry." He muffled his whines. "This is all my fault. If I would've just said no to Henry, we would have came straight back. I needed space." He stroked my cheek, making it harder to 'stay asleep'.

"I love you, you know that. The news sent me into panic mode and I would have passed out. I know we can look after this baby, I want to look after him or her, the same way I will always look after you."

His lips came down to my mouth and I flinched awkwardly, shocked by the sudden contact. He moved his face a few inches from my own, smiling down at me. "You didn't really think I thought you were sleeping?"

I slapped his arm in anger before turning myself towards the wall. "Don't be like that." He cried.

"You had lipstick all over your face and your clothes were a mess!" I yelled through tears. "How dare you come in here asking for my forgiveness."

"But nothing happened, I swear. This girl started dancing beside me, I was slightly drunk and found it hard to push her away. She planted her lips on my face, and I kicked off. I got into a fight with her male friend, that's why my clothes were out of place. I already have a bruise forming on my chest." He sighed.

"Are you telling the truth?" I whispered up at him. He unbuttoned his shirt, letting it slide to the floor. He flicked the lamp on and my eyes were shocked to see a huge bruise.

"Would I lie to you?" He sighed once more. The look in his eyes told me that he was sad.

I balanced myself upon my elbows, one hand reaching out to stroke his stubbly face. He closed his eyes against my touch and moved his lips towards mine. I decided to meet him half way, my lips crashing onto his.

"So should I call you Mrs Carter still?" He smiled through the kiss. His lips moved to my neck, causing me to shiver in delight.

"Yes." I whispered as he moved between my legs, his lips still grazing my own.