Made a Deal with the Devil | Six

Chapter Six: Made a Deal with the Devil

----

    The last bell rang, as the doors of classrooms busted open, students flooding out without end. I walked through the crowds, groups of girls, guys, a mixture. My school is like one you'd hear in some teen fiction book. 

   I stopped at my locker, returning my unneeded text books, and placing the books I did need into my backpack. Brushing a strand of hair from my face. Closing my locker and heading towards the Library. It really better be important. I wasn't up for any bullshit.

   I passed a few of people I knew, saying a soft hello and them moving on. I'm not antisocial , just a very non-talk-able-to-people-person?. Yeah, I Quickly opened the school's library door. And the volume that was moments screaming in the halls, went to dead silence in the library.

  I glanced around walking in more, walking past an array of tables, for students who'd like to study. Towards the back as I stretched my back. Finally spotting Luke in a table in the back. I hurried over, placing my bag on the floor as I sat down. "yes?" I whispered, raising an eyebrow as my arms folded.

"calm dear." he whispered before rolling his eyes, sitting back in the comfy chairs both he and I now sat in. 

  "so, some little birdie, more known as your brother. Well, he told me someone, someone referencing as you, got a little special assignment. Along with the fact that, that someone, is struggling for an idea!" he whispered, his lips smearing into a smirk as he kept his arms folded in his chair.

   I rolled my eyes letting out a quiet groan before leaning forward against my elbows.

"and how could you possibly help me? I thought the fact of me being here if for me to help you ."

"Now don't be choppy sweetheart,"

"Don't call me sweetheart-"

"My bad honey, now where was I?"

    Luke thought for a moment as he sat back looking at me, before leaning forward and whispering again.

"Ahh right, so lets say you follow me around for a day or two, and grasp a few ideas from it. eh?"

"Pft, like any good ideas could come from you." I mumble rolling my eyes.

"Ouch, for your information, I have a fantasizing  life."

"Oh I, beg to differ. Also, my answers a uh no. Plus would you get out of it anyways?" I rolled my eyes getting up and grabbing my bag. Quickly walking to the doors, and of course, he's right behind me. Why did I even ask a question I didn't want an answer to.

  I exit the library into the halls before groaning and turning around.

"Personally, I get something you wouldn't understand out of this." he began as he folded his arms for the millionth time.

"Okay?" I replied rolling my eyes again, for the millionth time today. "well you know my answer."

"Bex." he said stepping closer groaning slightly, "You need story idea, and I need an innocent side bitch."

"Excuse -" I began before I was cut off again.

"That came out far worse than it sounded in my head." he shook his head looking away for a moment then back. "Just a few days.. that's all. You might actually find something you like about me."

I thought it through for a moment. Nope. No way. No way in hell. I shook my head a few times trying to knock the part of me yelling yes out. Just say no, not that hard Rebecca. Come one.

The silence took over the air, as I gently tapped my foot shaking my head.

Just say no.

"Fine."

---

Unedited

- Rachel Sierra

February 27th 2017