Part 4 - deductions

A/n sorry for updating so much, I just have no life since my ankle is messed up! Please remember to vote, add to your list and recommend thanks gold fish ✨🌥
Your p o v
I can't believe my sister died, I miss her. Why does Sherlock care that I'm alive? I honestly don't want to be alone, I'm really glad he offered to let me come over. I don't know what to expect, I sit down in the taxi and think.
"Y/n I'm sorry that you miss your sister, but you don't know how relieved I am that it's not you," he says it slowly, like admitting a weakness.
"I blame myself I should've seen it coming," I admit.
"Don't blame yourself it's not an exact science," he says.
I nod yet I feel guilty, he leads me in and I feel a sharp pain when I move my knee. It takes me by surprise and I stumble forward, I almost fall...almost. Instead Sherlock caught me, I thank him. He smiles at me but we don't move, he just stares into my eyes and I stare into his.
"We should go inside, bright eyes," he says while standing up. I nod and follow him inside, I don't know what to expect. His apartment is very nice, I look at the mantle and notice a skull. It's too rough to be fake, that's so cool!
"Is that a real skull," I ask?
He tells me yes, then I excitedly run up to it and pick it up. I examine it and I'm quite interested.
"That's not the normal reaction," Sherlock said.
"When have I ever implied I was normal," I ask?
I set the skull down and let my hands fall to my side, grazing my leg. The pain returns I hope I didn't wince, at least not noticeably.
"You're hurt," he says.
I stay quiet, I don't like pity. He calls over John. I sit down and do as instructed, apparently I got cut by a knife.
"Why didn't I feel it," I ask curiously?
"Because you were in shock, considering your sister died. I'm very sorry to hear that by the way," John say.
I nod, she died for me and here I am enjoying the rest of my day. I stay still while John finishes bandaging my leg. Then a familiar face walks in.
"Y/n l/n is that you! I haven't seen you since you left for your exciting career as a spy," Mrs. Hudson says.
"Mrs. Hudson I can't believe you remember me," I yell excitedly!
She gives me a hug then, she pulls away.
"I'm sorry about your sister, I loved her like a daughter," she says.
I sit quietly, I miss her so much. After Mrs. Hudson leaves, I sit down.
"I've got a date with Mary so I need to leave," John says.
"Bye have fun, also thank you," I say.
He leaves and me and Sherlock are left alone.
"By the way,we caught the killer," Sherlock says."
"I can't believe the wife would hire the pool boy as a killer," I say. "Though, it was pretty smart for him to use the tetniss (I can't spell) to make it look like an accident," I say.
"How'd you know," he asks?
Then I explain all about things I deduced.
"Can you take a look at this case," Sherlock says and hands me a file. I look at it and concentrate on it, random death of a college student.
I feel arms wrap me up in a hug, I realize it's Sherlock. I feel my face go red as he plays with my hair. I need to concentrate on this. Wait why do I find this distracting? I'm sorry but I refuse to develop feelings for anyone. Not that I can help it, great.
"Stop it," I say like a whiny kid.
"Stop what," Sherlock asks innocently?
Wow, so mature.
"I need to focus," I say a bit annoyed.
Yet honestly I don't want him to stop, he's so warm and smells nice.
"So you find me distracting," he asks with a smirk.
"N-no," I say, yet I stuttered. Why y/n, get yourself together.
"For someone who has been trained in lying you aren't very good," he says.
I don't have a good response, so I just sit their. Then my phone beeps,
Text from: Austin
Sorry about your sister you should come over, I'll try and comfort you.
Great, he won't leave me alone, I sigh and ignore the text.
"Who is Austin," Sherlock asks?
He still hasn't moved, I explain who Austin is.
"Just an ex boyfriend that's super annoying," I say.
His grip on me tightens a little, I laugh a little at his reaction. Sherlock starts to move and I'm sad. Yet he doesn't let go, he sits down and pulls me down so I'm on the couch. I sit down and he wraps his arms around me. I notice it's dark outside and I need to get home.
"I've got to go, it's late," I say.
"No, we have a spare room and you just lost your sister," he says.
"I don't want to bother you guys," I say.
"You're never a bother, y/n" he says.
Then he bends down and kisses my cheek, I'm blushing like crazy and he notices. A smirk plays on his lips and I roll my eyes. He grabs my hand and then I remember, he might be checking my pulse. I move my hand so he's only touching my fingertips.
"I'll stay but don't get any ideas," I say.
He chuckles and says, "not really my department."
"Mmmhhm," I hum.
"What you don't believe me," he asks?
"No it's nothing," I say.
"You're a terrible liar, we've been over this," he counters.
"John's told me about Irene Addler," I say while wiggling my eyebrows.
He laugh then mumbles, "please she's nothing compared to...." He trails off.
"Gasp! You like someone, you have to tell me," I say.
"Deduce it," he orders.
"Well, the only girl besides me you spend time with is Molly," I say.
"Nope," he responds.
"John," I ask?
"No, you almost had it earlier," he says.
"Look the only other person I've mentioned is, me and that's impossible," I say.
"Why would you say that," he questions?
"Well you're you and I'm just me," I say, not in a pity way but an honest way.
"Actually it would be the other way around," he whispers.
He has leaned in really close and we are only centimeters apart. Then he closes the space, quickly and gently kissing me then pulling away. He seems embarrassed and I blush.
"Does that mean your sentence was the she was nothing compared to me," I ask in a teasing voice.
He smiles and nods. I kiss him on the nose quickly then turn away. He picks me up and I protest, he sets me down on my bed. I'm tired the blood loss and missing my sister has drained me.
"I'm sorry y/n I have sentimental feelings toward you which could in danger you," he says sadly.
"Hey, no more sad talk I've already had enough sadness for a lifetime," I say. "I don't know what we're doing, or what I'm doing," I say.
"Then don't worry about it, just worry about us right now," he says. "Good night," he whispers and I fall asleep soon after.