Part 16.2 -a ball

Your p o v
I don't know how I feel about all of my attention. It's sort of awkward.
Suddenly a specific Edward walks up to us.
Sherlock's p o v (a/n ooo different don't judge)
Y/n looked stunning, the dress not only was a pop of color but her in herself.
Then that entitled Edward came up to us, "hello thank you for coming."
"Hello," I stated then I grabbed y/n's hand.
"May I ask who you represent," he tried to play cool. I can see he doesn't like me touching y/n.
"Well, my wife and I founded Vanderwalt industries and Oliver is our CEO and close friend," I exaggerate the word wife.
Edward stiffens and looks her over again.
"Do you mind if I steal her for a moment," Edward asks?
Yes I absolutely mind that idea.
"Of course he doesn't mind, especially if it's only for a moment," y/n says in a warning tone.
"Ok, for a moment," I say.
Then I kiss her forehead.
Your p o v
I could tell Sherlock didn't want me to go with Edward but it's for a case. He leads me away to a far off edge, I don't like this area. I only see a handful of visitors the rest look like employees.
"You look lovely and your music playing was wonderful," Edward starts.
I have to be nice but I'll try and keep it friendly," thank you I'm not a very experienced player."
"What does your company specialize in," he asks?
"Oh, mainly work with government and international trade," I state.
His eyes perk up, "well I work a lot with international affairs. Maybe a partnership," he offers.
"Y/n don't get involved without knowing, that means make no promises," a voice in my ear states. It scares me I almost forgot about that.
"Define partnership," I order.
He chuckles, "feisty, I like that. Basically I scratch your back you scratch mine."
He starts leaning in closer,
"Well where are your headquarters," I ask?
"We are spread out but mainly in southern Manchester," he tells me.
"Yes I can research that,"Mycroft whispers.
"Is he really worth it," Edward asks?
"Who," I ask?
"Your husband," he says leaning in really close to me.
I'm about to yell at him but Mycroft warns me not too.
"Y/n don't kick out the idea of him," I'm warned.
"I'm not sure," I say mysteriously.
Edward smirks and takes my hand. It hurts not to slap him.
"Speaking of him, I should get back to him or he will get suspicious," I say.
I try to rush out of their bit he still has my hand.
"Or we could go somewhere he won't see," he whispers.
I go red, I know Mycroft couldn't here that and I don't want to be alone with him.
"I'm not sure that's smart," I say.
He ignores me and leads me to a place were Sherlock can't see. We aren't alone just right under the stairs.
"I-I should get going," I stutter.
"In a moment," he says then kisses me.
I hate this, but when he pulls away he looks me over.
"Now go back and don't tell anyone," he tells me.
I nod and practically run out of their.
I run over to Sherlock and John.
"Guys you'll never guess what," I state.
Sherlock just stares grumpily at me.
"Don't be mad," I beg.
"How can I not be mad when he was all over you and you were enjoying it," Sherlock says.
John had left to the desert table and was now talking to some business man.
"I wasn't enjoying it, I had to pretend," I defended.
"You did a great job," he tells me.
I can't tell him about the kiss he'll get worse.
"Sorry Mycroft," I say then turn off my ear piece. I reach over and turn off Sherlock's ear piece as well.
Sherlock's p o v
I hated that man for trying to take her away from me. Then y/n turned off our ear pieces.
"Why did you do that," I ask?
"Because I can barely say this to you let alone while he is listening," she states worriedly.
I raise an eyebrow wondering what she meant.
"Look, I'm sorry but I wanted to run. I came this close to breaking his arm but Mycroft asked me too," she explained.
Well, I'm still not ok with it but I feel my face soften. I lightly kiss her forehead.
"Besides he even kissed me and I felt nothing," she said.
I felt so mad, he kissed her. The look on her face told me she didn't mean to say that out loud.
"He kissed me, I didn't kiss him," she explained. "I'm sorry don't be mad at me," she begs.
"I'm furious just not at you, it's at him," I say.
"It's ok, I'm fine," she tells me.
Then I shock myself I lean in and kiss her.
Your p o v
Sherlock kissed me, I could feel all the emotion.
"I don't like being jealous," he whispered.
"Then don't be," I said and kissed his nose.
He smiles and we turn on our ear pieces.
"Now that you both are done ignoring me we can get back to the case," Mycroft says angrily.
Sherlock and I laugh.
"We found the room with the information, we need you to retrieve it. Sherlock take y/n to the third door on your left. It's locked, I'm sure y/n can get into it," Mycroft explained.
I easily got in then Sherlock and I walked into the room.
"Computer hacking is a specialty of mine I can get in easily," I say.
I hack in download files and log out.
Then we run out and grab John, we tell him we need to leave.
Once we finally leave I feel so much safer.
"Excellent job," Mycroft tells us.
Once we get into the limo and head home I feel better.
I let my hair down and change into pajamas, I walk out into the kitchen to get a glass of water.
"Y/n, you know you can stay with me right," Sherlock tells me.
I didn't know he was in the kitchen, I just nod my water being forgotten.
"Good night Sherlock,"I say.
"Good night y/n," he replies.
And we both fall asleep.
A/n enjoy the calm it won't last......