Part 7 - best bet

A/n thanks so much for 125 reads ! I love you guys!!!
Pain. It's the only thing I feel in my chest, I feel it when I breath, while I think, and just being alive it hurts. I try to sit up and I notice I'm in a bed. Not my bed but it smells familiar, of old books, cigarette smoke, and mint. Surprisingly a good smell. Oh no, I think I'm in Sherlock's room.
"What happened," I ask? Then I feel pain in my throat.
I crawl out of the warm bed and tiptoe outside.
"I know you want to see her as soon as she wakes up but you need to leave that room at least to have some tea," I hear John say. "She is probably still asleep," he continues.
"I'm not," I say entering the conversation.
Sherlock runs over to me and says, "y/n I'm so glad you're awake, you shouldn't be out of bed."
"What happened," I ask all hoarse?
"We got the flash drive and she shot you, they had to have surgery the bullet hit your kidney. Then the blood loss and medicine gave you a horrible fever. You shouldn't be talking your throat is sore," Sherlock explains.
"Why don't I remember this," I question?
"Short term memory loss due to traumatic stress," he replies.
I look at him, really look at him and he seems thinner and more frail. He also is extra pale and has bags under his eyes. If John couldn't get him to leave his room, he probably hasn't left the apartment.
"I'm so sorry y/n, I know I don't apologize but I will never let this happen again," he states.
"I'm fine and it's not your fault, I'm a spy I'm used to danger," I remind him.
We are quiet for awhile, next thing I know is he has wrapped his arms around me. Then softly, he places his lips on mine. When we pull apart, John looks shocked.
I laugh then say, "surprised hedgehog."
"Hamish, John Hamish Watson. Just in case you're looking for baby names," he says.
I just awkwardly laugh, then sit down.
"Look at the time, I need to go meet Mary," John says before rushing out.
John's p o v
"Mrs. Hudson you will be our house keeper for a month," I say.
"Did Sherlock take the girl out yet," she asks.
"No, but they kissed," I respond.
"Our bet was how long it will take for him to take her out. You said in a week after she wakes up, I said in one day, two tops after," she reminds me.
Our bet was that if I win I get 20 pounds and I have to make her tea whenever she wants for a month. If I win I get 20 pounds and she is our house keeper.
Your p o v
"You know I've been thinking," Sherlock says.
"You always are," I reply.
"I've never taken you on a proper date," Sherlock says.
I blush and stay quiet, I'm always so awkward.
"Unless you don't want to," he adds quickly.
"No, it's not that I'm just really awkward. I'd love to go with you," I say.
"Well how about 8," he asks?
I nod, I can't believe I'm going on a date with Sherlock Holmes.
"Where are we going," I ask?
"It's a surprise but dress nice," he answers.