Goodbyes - 23

100+ VOTES I AM SCREAMING THANK YOU

Also it's been so long but this is what I had so that's why it's short

Your p o v
It was the day of the ceremony and my hair was all done. My dress was simple and white with a lace back, I'd have to change to a red dress after the ceremony. That's, the tradition.

"Y/n," Sherlock interrupted my thoughts.
I turned the dress fluttering as I did, "yes?"

"You look...nice," Sherlock told me. I felt warm because of the compliment and didn't reply for a small bit. "I don't understand John told me that's the kind of thing you say."

He talked to John about what to say..my heart.

"No it's not you, cat just got my tongue." Then I added, "thanks."

He smiles before leaving the room. My heart is heavy as I walk down the steps for a last time.

***
I realized something. My duty isn't what my parents set me up with, it's my happiness. Before I can say anything Sherlock starts his speech.

The speech had many ups and downs but this was the best part:
"I'm sorry to say y/n doesn't deserve this. She deserves so much more...more than can ever be given. Why such a wonderful person even bothers with someone like me I'll never know but always be grateful."

Many people looked emotional and I hugged Sherlock.

"And I have something to say...I can't leave London."

At this several gasps erupted.