Part 5 - set up

To all my readers regular and silent: hi!
Your p o v
I wake up in a bed that's not mine. Then I remember I stayed at Sherlock's flat. I stretch under the warm sheets and stand up. I tip toe across the hall and up the stairs, my side is in pain. I ignore it, I've had worse. My sister would want to here all about what happened last night. Happily I call her, the phone rings and rings. Then her voicemail pops up, making me remember she wasn't going to answer. Not today, not ever I get shaky at the thought.
Sherlock's p o v
I go to check on y/n, she might be sleeping. I walk quietly then I see her calling someone. By her reaction y voicemail, I'm assuming sister. It's pretty common to forget about death and refuse to expect it.
"Y/n how are you feeling this morning," I ask awkwardly? This is one of the few times I wish to be normal so I could, comfort her.
At the realization that she wasn't alone she fixed her posture. I'm assuming it's her natural reaction since she went to a spy school. She'll straighten out and refuse to look weak.
"I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you," she questions?
Change of subject that's normal, I sigh and turn around so I'm facing her.
"No, you're not, and I'm not good at comforting. But I want to help," I admit.
She offers a sad smile and shakes her head. I lean in closer and she backs up a bit. Now she's against the wall and I'm right next to her.
She looks at me with an unreadable expression. I wish I could deduce her easily, I inhale deeply and touch her arm. We're only centimeters apart and I'm about to close the distance. When John walks in loudly.
"Am I interrupting something," he asks awkwardly.
Y/n and I say, "no," at the same time.
I smile a little at that, she tries to pull away, I don't let her at first. Then I give in just a little, yet I hold onto her arm.
"Well, I wish I hadn't ruined the moment. It was just about a case but we can address it later," John says.
"No you can talk," y/n says.
I really wish he wouldn't, I sigh and sit down.
Not without silently asking y/n to follow me.
"I would but I remember I have this thing with Mary," John makes up before leaving.
John's p o v (why not I'm doing this based off an idea.)
After the awkward encounter I leave quickly. I'm mad at myself for interrupting, Mrs. Hudson and I were trying to push them together.
"John, you need to come in quietly we agreed," Mrs. Hudson lectures.
I mumble an apology, we plan to leave them alone for about two hours then, Mrs.Hudson will offer them tea. Thirty minutes later I will tell them about a case and, then they'll have to start it without me.
Your p o v
I have no idea, if John stopped something from happening.
"Well, I'm bored y/n," Sherlock says.
Back to his normal routine, yet he adds something different. Instead of complaining or looking for a case he looks at me.
Then he says," maybe I can help you, I at least have to try."
He states it so sadly I feel guilty.
"You are helpful, I don't think I would have gotten through my night last night of it wasn't because of you. I'm not sure I would have gotten out of bed, your presence is enough," I speak.
He smirks and leans closer.
"I...I.. You frustrate me and I don't understand why," Sherlock says.
I smile and say, "good, I'm supposed to be frustrating."
"It's a good frustrated," he continues.
I laugh and he raises an eyebrow at me.
"Well I've been called frustrating before but not as a compliment," I whisper.
I whisper because we are so close, then he closes the space. His lips meet mine and I'm shocked. Yet, I don't pull away I kiss back. It's sweet and soft then he pulls away. I'm blushing wildly, and he's smirking.
"Wow,"he whispers. I giggle a little, I don't even fully know what to do.
I move away a little in a joking fashion and he whines. I giggle at his reaction and move even farther away. He tries to get closer and I run away giggling. Then Mrs.Hudson comes in with men in tailored suits. They say we have to go with them, Sherlock already deduced were we are going and I know it's something about Buckingham Palace. We follow them into their plane.
Time skip✨
Sherlock doesn't want the case and everyone wants him to take it. Apparently some crazy stripper, has important pictures. The latest mission begins.