Part 16.1 - a ball

A/n thanks for 600 reads I'm crying! Also the outfit (it has nothing to do about body type I just like the dress) and if you have short hair just pin it out of your face or whatever you normally would do. Also their might be songs with these chapters. This is in two parts
Your p o v
"Sherlock, your brother is here and he has his friends," Mrs. Hudson tells us.
I get up from my spot next to Sherlock and walk to the door.
"Hello y/n, John, Sherlock," Mycroft greets.
I great him then notice the people behind him. A woman with light red hair pinned in a tight bun and green eyes, she has bold eyeliner. The lady that follows her is shorter she has jet black hair that's curly but kept back in a ponytail, she has darker skin and brownish hazel eyes. Three more follow, one is Michael. The only other guy is tall, has blonde short hair and blue eyes. The last women has a sleek  brunette bun and slim figure, her eyes are green and her lips are bright red.
"I'm Marina," she states. "This is June, she works with outfits," Marina gestures to the girl with curly hair. "The other girl is Beatrix, she handles makeup," she points to the red head. "Jackson handles men's wear," she point to the only guy that I don't know. "And I coordinate everything, now if you are as observant as they say you'll see all of us have something in common," she says pointing to Sherlock.
I don't like the way she looks at him, I'm not jealous though right? Well probably not.
Sherlock states at them trying to make the connection I've already made, "besides working for my brother I see no connection."
"Well, I noticed one, none of the names you gave are your actual names.  Your working under cover names. It's quite common for mission prep teams to have their own false identity, the less we know about you guys. The less we can answer in interrogation if we get caught," I say smugly.
"How come I didn't know that," Sherlock grumbles.
I answer, "I went on my first undercover mission when I was ten, I've picked things up."
He still seems huffy about the fact that I got it before him. Then he can't stop smiling and I wonder why.
"Why are you smiling so much," I ask?
"Cause your so smart," he smiles.
I roll my eyes playfully and my face goes red.
"Save the married act for tonight," John says.
I shoot John a glare and he laughs at my reaction.
"We did some research for the most popular colors and least popular dress colors. We chose the least popular so you'll stand out more," June tells me.
"Ok," I feel like their is something more too that.
I decide I like June she is very nice and before the dress she gives me these very comfortable pajamas to wear. I put my hair up in a messy bun and Beatrix comes over.
(Song: Night Changes one direction don't judge)
The makeup takes awhile especially on the eyes, but when it's done my eyeliner is amazing. The eyeshadow is a light golden glow and my mascara is perfect. She paints my lips a reddish pink color that looks nice on me.
Then she moves to my hair, her skilled hands work to detangle my hair. Then she eases it into smooth waves at the top and tighter curls at the bottom. Then she pins up my hair in a half up due style. I see her take sparkly pins and place them randomly. (A/n if this doesn't apply to your hair change as needed)
"Alright you look great, now time for the dress," June tells me.
"Thank you," I tell Beatrix.
"You're welcome and you look great, take this lipstick for later after it wears," she tells me.
I nod and walk away with June.
She pulls out this red dress that has many layers.
"Are yo sure that isn't a bit excessive," I ask worriedly.
"You need an impression and that place is very fancy, besides its going to look stunning on you," June reassures me.
After she helps me get into the dress I put on a pair of matching red flats.
"You might need to run and with this dress no one can see your shoes," she explains.
I am thankful for the lack of heels.
After I'm dressed I go to step outside, June stops me.
"Wait, you need to make an entrance. You really like that guy sitting out their, right," she tells me.
"Is it that obvious," I groan.
"No, but I can tell just come out when I give you a signal," she tells me.
She walks out with Beatrix making "accidentally loud" conversation on how good they thought I looked.
Then June looks at me and signals me over. I walk out slowly scared the dress wouldn't let me through the door.
"Wow y/n, you look," John starts.
"Beautiful absolutely beautiful," Sherlock finishes. "By the way, I need to give you your wedding ring," Sherlock tells me. He hands me a beautiful ring.
"Thank you," I smile.
"Well, I figured in case I only got to do this once," he says.
"Trust me you'll probably do it again," John jokes.
He is wearing a dressy suit that's all black, the under shirt has white buttons. He has a handkerchief the same color as my dress. John is wearing a similar outfit except his handkerchief is white.
I take Sherlock's arm and we all review our "identities".
Mine is still Scarlet Vanderwalt and I'm 26 years old.
"You need these ear pieces so that we can hear you and you can hear us. To turn them off you tap them and to turn them back on you tap them twice. I hope you don't turn them off a lot as we need to hear, their are cameras in every room," Mycroft explains.
I nod and we all get into the black rented limo.
When we finally arrive I get a little nervous.
"Y/n you've done this before and I'm here if will be ok," Sherlock says to convince you to get out of the car.
Once we all get out a lady with short black hair asks for our name. Then she walks us to our reserved table. I notice a grand piano in the corner of the restaurant. The place is huge I should've researched it.
We sit down and I notice the guy we are watching.
"Edward looks even better in person," I comment to myself.
Sherlock doesn't like this one bit, he can be jealous he's over reacting.
Sherlock leans in and kisses my cheek causing me to blush. Then he kisses my fingertips.
"Not here," I mumble trying not to break character.
He smirks knowing that he has one that.
Once the dinner starts we all eat and the food is really good.
"Do You see that piano," John comments?
"I know it's impressive," Sherlock agrees.
"I actually play a little," I say casually.
That was my mistake, Sherlock begs me to play.
"I've never heard you play," he says finally giving me puppy dog eyes.
I cave in and walk up to the piano, I play the song then finish it. Everyone applauds and Sherlock proudly smiles at me.
After the dinner we all move forward to the fancy ballroom.
We need to walk down a grand staircase to enter. From above I see everyone is wearing white, black, dark blue, dark purple dresses. The dress that stands out the most is a light pink dress.
I realize how my red dress will stand out their, that's what June meant.
"The driver purposely made us arrive eight minutes late," John says.
Talk about an entrance.
I walk down the stair with Sherlock's arm. John trailing behind us, I hear a few gasps about my dress.
Once we reach the floor everyone makes some room for our group to stand.