Never Too Young

"My work is a game, a very SERIOUS game."    - M.C.Escher

"Attention all passenger, we will be landing in Nagasaki, Japan in 5 minutes. Thank you for choosing International Airlines and have a safe and fantastic trip," the pilot informs everybody with a half-hearted yet somewhat cheerful voice. I packed up everything and let the final minutes in first class sink in and closed my eyes. 

I didn't even who I was going to operate on but it must be a pretty important patient especially when they called me all the way from Cleveland. 

It doesn't matter Aspen, this is going to be your last operation for a while. Make it count. 

I stepped into the busy airport filled with at least a thousand people, and was greeted by a short but lean woman along with 2 taller men. She had an emotionless expression and her sleek black hair was pulled back into  a tight bun. 

"Konichiwa Doctor Knight." she gives me an acknowledging nod and hands me a folder while she gestured the men to take my bags. I open the file and look at the MRI scans that were held in the folder and wince at what's was given to me. "Are you the head doctor for this patient?" I ask urgently. 

"No, you will meet Dr. Ichisada right when we arrive at the hospital. Which should be in around" she checks her watch, "10 minutes." 

Other than the scans, there was nothing else to the file. What the fuck? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Greetings Dr.Knight. This way to my office." he gestures. I nod my head firmly, ready for the patients' information. 

"So, I assume you have seen the scans. What do you see?" Dr.Ichisada asks. He obviously already knows the answer but seems to be testing my skill. 

"It seems like a classic case of Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). This one isn't a definite lethal case but, it is dangerous due to the tumor being so close to the astrocytes. When will the surgery be? " I pause, "Actually more importantly,  who is it?" I ask knowing the sooner this person gets it over with, the better. 

" Ms.Knig-"

"Doctor Knight." I cut. 

"Right, you have to understand that we must succeed this operation with flying colours." I nod in agreement, earning a file given to me. I open it and read who this file belongs to. 

Robin Oswald Clair.

"He's not even 20?" I ask with sad eyes. Huh. That sucks ass. 

As an on-call fellow, it was a rule that the assisting doctor must talk to the patient in order to get the patients 100% trust in order for a smooth ride. I put on my white coat with my name stitched on with navy blue thread and clipped on my ID.  

I walked down the halls like a boss, earning looks from the regular staff and arrived at V.I.P room #3, observing all the people outside the door with tired expressions and purple bags under their eyes. Surprisingly, they looked around my age maybe a year or two older but none the less, too  young to be dealing with this whole situation. 

I was spotted by a tall, dark haired asian giving me a cold stare. It almost softened when his eyes met mine, almost feigning familiarity but quickly went to the cold gaze that was shown before. 

"Is Mr.Clair inside?" I ask anybody from the group of teenagers. They look at me with wide eyes which caused me to plaster on a confused expression.   Maybe I said something wrong? 

"And who may be asking?" the asian boy asks with a low voice. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, where are my manners, I'm the assisting doctor for Mr.Claire's surgery and will need to speak to him before the operation for safety precautions," I say with heat rising to my cheeks. I curse at myself for not introducing myself sooner.  

"She seems a bit young to me." I hear someone mutter but have no idea who the voice belonged to. 

"Well Doctor..." he says waiting for me to fill in the blanks, before he could finish he was cut off,

"Let her in." a voice inside demands. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

This is the first official chapter of 'The Second Knight'. I am so excited for you guys to read it! I know the first couple of chapters in any book are boring, but I tried to make it at least somewhat entertaining. Thank you for already supporting me, even though it has barely begun, and trust me, I have some, wait no, a lot of things planned in this fan-fic and editing will definately be part of it.

So tell me, what do you think about it so far? Anything I should change? Should it be longer or shorter? Any feedback will be amazing! And again, thanks shevvie for giving me the change to do this.

Luv you guys <3

-Suis-