Tripping

Is there a possibility that I may have started a new level of petty? I was pretty much silent most of the ride there, what was I supposed to say? I wasn't dying of laughter but I wasn't completely mortified. After all, it was just me meeting my blood. I could tell Robin wanted to say something, from the moment we took off saying our short farewells to his friends, it was followed by a string of good lucks, which didn't sit well. I don't really know what I'm gonna say. Or wear. Or do. When I agreed to this, I didn't think I would be this nervous. 

After a couple of long hours contemplating on every little aspect of this plan, I tried to tell myself that everything was going to go fine, it'll all come naturally, but we all know that's not possible for us Knights'. We were driven to our next stop, the building that held Alex away from everyone for the time being. I soon realize that I couldn't get out of the car, I was shaking, but when I looked over for the reassurance I needed, I only saw that Robin was in the same state as I was. I found it amazing how he could still keep his cold, icy eyes with the same emotion he had when I first met him. 

As there were people helping us carry our items out of the transport, I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I walked through the automatic doors of the building. The atmosphere of the place did not match the grey weather outside. It was warm and would have had cozy feelings to someone who wasn't about to turn their stomachs inside out. 

I have to snap out of this. I know what I'm doing. I know what I'm expecting. 

I know how this is going to turn out. 

I walked to my room casually, knowing at any moment she could come out from one of these doors, trying to keep my breathing steady. I check my phone to see if Robin had updated me on anything but found nothing but some notifications from Twitter.

 I would have to text him first, not the other way around. But instead, I headed for Emily's name in the list of previous conversations that had already occurred before today.  I texted a simple, 

"How are the preparations," 

only to get a passive aggressive comment back, 

"are you really worried about that right now. Are you there yet?" I simply told her that we were at the location and we were just settling in. I set all my items down on the floor and headed straight for the bed, I plopped myself down and let out a gasp of air that I must have been holding in again. I looked at the ceiling not really thinking of anything, but everything at the same time until the vibrations from my back pocket drew me out of my daze. I guess I sounded unnatural or unlike me in the text, I sent in response to hers, because I then received, 

"take a deep breath. You, out of all of us, know what you're doing best." 

I didn't mean to leave her on read but I took that moment in.  Things were going to change from now on, and although I may not be ready, I'm sure of my choice. 

I slowly dozed off in the state that I was in, trying to find a single reason I shouldn't. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Guess who's baaaack!

We are nearing the end, my friends, I'm sorry to cut it short but I'm starting new things and have to eventually close this story to an end at some point.