The History That I Missed

"History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce..."
- Karl Marx
(Please read A/N for more info and updates! :) )

I scrunched my face up in disgust. What kind of white trash gets that order? I shouldn't be talking looking at my order but still.

I turned to see a guy waiting to get his change back, we make eye contact but I broke it immediately after. His eyes widened with horror? That expression slowly turned into a very shitty smirk. I quickly turn the other way, declining the attention I was given by him.

"Do I know you?" a voice said while tapping my shoulder lightly.

"I sure as hell don't know you."

Was that too harsh? Maybe.

"The names Jake, and might I say, you look a lot like my ex girlfriend," he said with a thinking face on.

He better not be talking about Alex. Has she really made this many mistakes? Him? He seems like a total loser, I mean... look at what he's ordering.

"Is that so? What's her name? She must have been pretty."

"No worries, you're prettier if anything."

Gag.

My order was called and I quickly thanked the worker with a tip and scurried out the door. I wasn't scared, oh hell no, I just didn't want to have anything to do with her past life without me.

I was walking back to my dorm wondering when my classes start and if I should wear my uniform yet. Everyone wore it except during the weekends and at night. I was trying to think normal student thoughts.
But that's not possible when you're Alex's sister apparently.

Then I thought about what Robin wanted to do to find Alex. How I could do it, but not I..more like him, but not him more like us. But mostly him. Confusing right?

The point was, I felt that these people, that had been so important to Alex, could have a better chance to find her than I ever did. I knew that this was the chance to maybe succeed, but of course I don't want to get my hopes up, cause we all know, how it ended last time...

But maybe... this could be it. Those guys were going to get somewhere, at least farther than I would have.

Unknown POV
Stable.

That is the only word that you really need in life. A stable house, a stable income, stable happiness. A stable life.

Stability is nothing to kid around with. If you take risks to effectively raise you're stability, you'll have a fifty-fifty chance that it'll work. I took that chance.

Back then, I wasn't stable. In fact, in the place that I began to feel  at home, it slowly twisted into living a life where there was only one pillar to keep me from falling.

I risked, my last pillar to gain more.

And it worked.

Stability was now in my vocabulary, and even though the cost was high, the outcome was even higher. I don't regret it.

Maybe just a little bit.

I will never forget the last pillar I had.

Them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N

I'm sorry for the shorter chapter but fear no more! More content, more frequently!!!

It's been taking a while for me to upload isn't it? We'll have no more fear because exams are officially over for me! I'm so excited to keep writing the book with full attention and I can't wait for everything to role out!

I want thank you guys for the amazing support I've been getting on this book and some of the nice
comments as well! I hope you continue to love my content in a positive way and give me feedback whenever you would like!

Do you have a question? Ask here for the quickest reply!

Luv you guys
- Suis -

P.S
The photo is Austin Butler playing Jake but it was originally a gif. I'll plug that in later for you guys!