Going From Point A to Point B and Everything In Between

"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are "
- John Pierpont Morgan

I was, not angered, but rather confused and light headed. But that turned into frustration and then churned into the tired. How did he manage to find her no problem in less than a week, while I had tried for months only to get denied by her. It was a slap to the face.

"What?" I say slowly but surely so he grasps the concept of my message in a single word.

"She didn't run away far..." he looks at me pitifully but with a glint in his eyes signals to me that he isn't telling all of what he's found out.

Even though I devoted part of my life in finding my sister, it's as if she keeps erasing the work I had already done, and I was getting fed up. There's a certain point when someone should get the sign that their work is not appreciated or wanted, and even if it is painful to realize, you should stop before they get themselves into self-made trap. It tragic that I'm saying this because in reality, I did this to myself. I am a hypocrite. 

Even though it was crystal clear that Alex did not want to be searched for, by me of course, I went ahead and searched until my hearts content, or rather, breaking. She even reached out to me and said in person never to look for her again. With her "generous" red light signal, I still couldn't grasp the idea of anyone that is related to me, not wanting to have anything to do with me. Family is all I had, I thought it was all she had, was I not enough? No. I was enough. I caused no trouble. It isn't me. It's her. 

It's not me. 

It's her. 

Her. 

"Well?" Asher seemed like he was the only one not deep thinking but rather woken up with the fresh blast of reality hitting him, "Where is she?"

"Oh right," Robin pulls out his phone swiping every which way before presenting the final product showing us the address. 

"Wait she lives in Nouvelle?" I asked with wide eyes after reading her address.

"That's not far from here!" Emily shouted with excitement. 

"Have you guys maybe thought that she doesn't want to be found like this?" Although I haven't met these high profiled team of people for long, I care about their feelings, especially since they're in the same situation as I was. It's not pity that I'm feeling. It is simply sympathy and genuine warning.

"But we know where she is! This way we can talk to her and-" 

"Aspen's right," and with that, Robin left with his still limp and now energy drained body. 

"Aspen! Why would you say-" 

"Am I wrong? You guys know yourselves, if you keep going you'll just end up getting hurt and hopeless. Robin will live knowing she's happy living her new life and not thinking about anything negative that happened here, or whatever," I scold. I'm going to be stern with them, for the very reason that I care. 

This is dangerous. Feeling genuine, deep down care is something that will eventually become a weakness. 

"What if she isn't happy?" Yuko speaks out with such emphasis that it scares me of the thoughts that go through his head. He thinks of so many different routes, only keeping the ones that make sense. In this case, with so many plot holes, it's going to be hard to bring the selection to a few, "What if she regrets going but is too embarrassed to come back to us?" 

That makes sense too. I try to keep in mind that at one point, she wanted to stay forever with these people, thinking about a future for herself.