The Unwanted Reveal

Robin's POV

 It was a silence that didn't kill me, but neither was it pleasant . I know they were all thinking about something to say, but couldn't bring themselves to say it. The doctor walked in saving us all from the unwanted silence. 

"I assume you've met my assisting doctor," he pauses allowing me to nod my head a yes, "I assure you, Dr. Knight is highly skilled for her age, and I would like you to have faith, with no room for skepticism."

 "Doctor...who?" Logan asked with a rude, but surprised tone. 

"Doctor Aspen Knight?" the doctor said, confused by Logan's tone and all the faces we were making. 

I looked over to my friends on the other side of the room. They had the same shocked expression plastered on their faces. Surely she wasn't related to Alex, right? No... she can't be.

 I did notice they had the same green, sparkling eyes but Aspen's hair was brown. That was a good enough difference, right? I didn't think she was related to her in a way, although, her eyes we're a sense of comfort, as was Alex's. I couldn't bring myself to admitting they were similar. Alex never said anything about a sibling, maybe she's a cousin? Different suggestions popped into my head, but none of them worked.

 I just round my thoughts up to a final verdict.

 She had nothing to do with her. 

I must have been thinking for a while because the doctor was exiting the room and so was Yuko and Logan. I scoff, " Why are you looking at me like that," I said angrily, Asher looked at me with worried eyes and could tell I was still emotionally unstable, "Do you still want her to do the surgery?" Emily asked trying to cover up Asher's stunt, 

"She's here for a reason, isn't she? There must be a god damn reason why they called her. If she's a miracle worker, then let her do the surgery." I grit my teeth, she wasn't related and I wasn't going to think so. 

"Get out," I wanted to rest, no matter how much I was going to get after, "and close the door." They did so with sad but understanding faces. I let nothing wander my mind, except sleep, cause honestly, that's all I could have done now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I woke up to voices talking, more like arguing and it didn't take long to know it was Marissa and Yuko. 

"The rest of us want to do a background check, just in case," it was Yuko. I thought about it, I mean it wouldn't hurt to do so, but the results could be something, anything, I wasn't ready for.

"Yuko, it's not fair. You can't just do that to her, even if she was related to her in some kind of way, she has the right to privacy. Maybe there's a reason Alex never told us, we should at least ask Alex before doing anything. "

 I was tired of this whole thing. It was just a last name. If they think they were doing this for my sake, they were wrong, they were just making my other theories seem believable.

 "Ask Alex? How? She won't even pick up the god damn phone, so how are we supposed to ask?" I speak up, "And who said you guys were allowed back in my room." 

Apparently, they couldn't see I was awake, wide awake at that. I checked the clock on my left wall, I had 2 hours till my surgery, and this is really how they want to act? Childish? I heard a knocking on the door which stopped everybody in their tracks. 

Aspen walked in with a smile, but was quickly frowning seeing our reaction, "Am I interrupting something?"  I caught a glimpse of her eyes staring at mine, and my breath stopped. What just happened? They looked so similar, yet seemed so different. And with that,  she was out of the room as quickly as possible, curtsey of being pushed out by Asher. 

"Hey!" she protested but before she could do anything, the door was closed in her face. 

"Asher! She didn't even do anything, " Emily scolded. 

"Find out anything you can," I said looking at Yuko. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Another chapter is up!

I chose to do it in Robin's POV just because it told the part better. It had more substance. I hope you liked it, but it will go back to Aspen's POV for the next chapter. How was it in his POV tho? I was contemplating it but I went with my gut. 

Any questions that I will most likely answer should be right here. :)

 It is nearing the juicy parts in Meilleur U , which is honestly my most thought out part of this whole story. I'm really excited for it, so you guys should be too ;) 

Luv you guys <3

-Suis-