Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

*sigh* I had finally gotten away from her. She took away all my happiness when she killed my only friend, (f/n). I was now on my way to Cross Academy. Hopefully it wasn't too bad. I mean, if Kaname was there then it should be okay. The chauffeur opened the door for me.

"Thank you." He bowed then left after I took my luggage.
"Hello, you must be (Y/n) (L/n), the new transfer student. Pleased to meet you, I'm Yuki." She smiled happily and held out her hand. I shook her hand.
"The pleasure is mine."

There was a boy with white hair standing next to her. His eyes widened but he quickly regained his composure. He glared at me.

"Oh uh, this is Zero. Don't worry, he's usually like this. I'll show you around," Yuki exclaimed.

I followed her around for most of the day. The school campus was divided into two dorms for the day and night students. Afterwards, we went to see the Headmaster.

"Hello, I'm (Y/n) (L/n). Pleased to meet you."
"Oh, good evening."

He then explained everything to me about this school and how he was trying to get vampires and humans to coexist peacefully. Yuki seemed like a cheerful girl but Zero was glaring at me this whole time. That was when it hit me. My mother had killed his family and she still had that Ichiru kid with her.

"Thank you for explaining everything but I believe class is about to start." He smiled.
"I see that you've taken in everything that I've said since you've even memorised the times. Yuki, please show her to the Night Dorms."
"Yes, headmaster."
"Eh?! You're supposed to be calling me father..."
"Hehe, bye head- I mean father."

She quickly dragged me outside. Zero followed us but was a bit behind. Probably because of me. I looked at the stars. (f/n), I made it here. Where you've always wanted to go when you were...still here.

"Huh? (Y/n), is something wrong? Are you homesick?" Yuki asked worriedly. Huh? I realised a few tears had slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped them away.
"No...it's not like I'll be missing anyone." I muttered that last part to myself.
"Sorry, what was that?"
"Oh, nothing." We arrived at the Night Dorms.
"Thanks Yuki, Zero." He just ignored me and walked off.
"Oh uh, see you soon. Bye." She chased after Zero. I went inside. There wasn't anyone around.
"I see that you're here."
"Yeah, I am...Kaname."
"How dare you address Lord Kaname like that, you peasant?!" asked an annoyed girl with long, light brownish hair.
"Ruka, it's fine," exclaimed Kaname.
"(Y/n)?!" Huh? Then I was knocked to the ground with someone charging at me.
"Hehe, sorry."
"Aido?!" He helped me up.
"Long time no see, how long has it been? Three years?"
"I think so-"
"Hanabusa, do you know her?" asked a boy with somewhat orange hair.
"Of course. Cain, don't you remember all those times I told you about a pretty girl I met? Well, this is her."
"Pleased to meet you...everyone." Ruka glared at me.
"Hey Ruka, is that how you're supposed to be treating a pureblood vampire?" Aido asked, eyeing her. Everyone's eyes widened.
"I-I'm sorry, Miss (Y/n). Please forgive me," Ruka apologised immediately.
"Funny how people's attitudes change depending on who they're addressing. So tell me Ruka...do you actually mean what you say?" She hesitated.
"*sigh* Not really."
"Don't worry about it, it's not like I'm going to do anything to you." I walked past her.
"Hey (Y/n)-"
"Oi Hanabusa, why is it that only you and Lord Kaname can address her so casually?" Cain asked.
"Oh uh-"
"He's a close friend of mine and I don't recall purebloods addressing each other like one's superior to the other." I left.
"Hey (Y/n), wait up," Aido called out.

He caught up to me and showed me to my room. When we were inside, I immediately hugged Aido. He was surprised by my action.

"(Y/n), is she really treating you that badly?"

Tears fell from my eyes. His eyes widened at what he saw. It was blood. Only vampires could see it. I didn't know why but I guess I was just born like this. Aido's expression softened.

"Everything's going to be okay. I'll tell Lord Kaname that you're going to be skipping the first class-"
"No, I'm fine. Besides, it'll be rude of me to skip the first class when I just arrived." I got out my books and followed him to class. Everyone stared at us when we walked in.
"Is something wrong?"
"Uh no," Shiki immediately answered. I sat down in my seat.

~After class~

Everyone retired to their dorms but I usually slept a bit later. I decided to walk around the school campus a bit more.

"You're supposed to be back in your dorm," Zero exclaimed.
"Let me have some air, will you?" I walked past him but he grabbed my arm.
"What- nevermind."
"If you were going to ask what my relation was to Shizuka Hio then I'll tell you. She's my mother." His eyes widened.
"Now will you let me go?" His grip tightened.
"You want revenge? Go on, kill me if you can." He got out his anti-vampire weapon, the Bloody Rose. What was there left for me anyway?
"Zero, no!" Yuki ran in front of me.
"You're not allowed to shoot Night Class students!"
"Tch." He put his gun away and walked off.
"I'm sorry about that. He um doesn't particularly like vampires."
"I understand."
"Anyway, what are you doing out here?"
"I was bored."
"(Y/n)! That's where you were this whole time?! I was looking for you everywhere!" Aido called out.
"Aido-senpai?! You're supposed to be in your dorm!" Yuki exclaimed.
"I came out to get (Y/n). See you later, Yuki."
"Oh, bye." Aido grabbed my hand and dragged me away.