Chapter 16

(Y/n)'s POV

"I missed you too, my little pureblood princess." I looked up at him and smiled.
"How's your mother?" he asked.
"Dead." He just laughed.
"I see that you've finally gotten your revenge." I nodded. He let go of me and looked out the window.
"(Y/n), I need to eat."
"Oh, I understand. Just...promise me you won't take too many."
"I can't-"
"Please?" I looked at him with pleading eyes.
"I'll try," he replied.
"Thank you, father."

He just ruffled my hair. I smiled and left his room. I headed outside only to find that the Night Class students were defending themselves against what seemed to be Level E's.

"(Y/n), look out!" I just glared at the pouncing vampire. It turned to dust.
"Aido, aren't you supposed to be looking after Yuki?"
"Well, she sorta ran off somewhere..." A heavy sigh escaped my lips.
"You won't beat me up...right?" Aido asked nervously.
"No, you're safe for now."
"See guys?! She's nice to me-"
"Aido, please shut up for now." Cain smirked at him. We continued to fight off the intruding vampires.
"Was that a bet?"
"Yeah, kinda," Aido replied while trying to kill multiple vampires that were heading towards him.
"Will you guys be okay by yourselves?"
"Yes, Miss (Y/n). You do not need to dirty your hands with this. After all, we are 'your shields'," Ruka replied.
"Please do not think of it that way, Ruka. You are not pawns nor servants, simply vampires - or should I say friends - that have no other choice than to follow a pureblood's orders." Their eyes widened.
"She seems more open and friendlier than Lord Kaname," Rima commented. I smiled at her before running off to find Yuki. I followed her scent to somewhere in the gardens.
"Yuki!" I pushed her out of the way and landed next to her.
"(Y/n)?!"
"Yuki, what are you doing out here? It is dangerous and you still haven't gotten used to your vampire abilities yet." I killed the charging vampire and others that were with it.
"I wanted to protect the Day Class students..." she replied.
"Don't worry, they are under the protection of the Headmaster and Toga."
"But I still have to do my duty as a guardian."
"Yuki, please go back to your room. Kaname would be upset about this."
"But-"
"It's too dangerous for you out here. Their main target is you." I continuously used my power to kill the vampires that were surrounding us.
"Please Yuki...please..." She sighed.
"Okay, (Y/n) but promise me that you won't die protecting me."
"I promise."

She hesitantly ran back inside. I went to the stables and sat next to White Lily. Hopefully they wouldn't be able to track my scent that easily due to the horses. I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"(Y/n)?" I opened one eye.
"Hey Zero."
"What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I'm 'trying to hide'."
"Why here?"
"I like being in he company of animals. Anyway, what are you doing here?"
"I was trying to find you."
"Why?"
"I was worried about you."
"Why would you be worried about me?..." "Because-"
"Because what?" He pulled me up and crashed his lips against mine. *blush* I froze but soon, shyly kissed back.
"I may have developed feelings for you," he said while leaning his forehead against mine.
"Z-Zero...I love you too."
"Oh, so it's love now?" he asked, smirking.
"Hey, you were the one that said it indirectly first. I was just putting it in simple language."
"Haha, then I love you." He lifted my chin up and looked me in the eye.
"I'm glad I met you, even if we hated each other at the start," he exclaimed. *blush*
"Me too-" I coughed out blood. Someone had shot me from behind, just a bit lower than my heart.
"(Y/n)!" He caught me when I fell onto him. Another shot pierced my arm and a third hit my leg.
"Zero..." I blacked out.

Zero's POV

I looked behind her and glared at the vampire.

"What do you want with her?"
"I was just sent by the Hunters Association to test out their experimental project," he replied with a cheeky grin.
"What project?"
"Making stronger humans but I guess they accidentally created a vampire and sent me out to kill someone." My eyes glowed red.
"And you chose her..."
"Huh? What was that?"
"Why did you have to choose her?! Kill one of those rotten vampires out there!"

I grabbed his hand and slammed him into the ground. I clawed at him till he died and immediately ran to (Y/n)'s side. I picked her up and carefully went outside. No vampires were around.

"Zero." I turned around to come face to face with Aido.
"What?"
"Hand (Y/n) over to me," he ordered.
"Why should I?"
"She needs medical treatment." I reluctantly handed her over. He leaned her against a tree.
"Aido..." she said, barely able to talk.
"Don't talk, drink."

He bit into his wrist and kissed her. A wave of jealousy went through me. I glared daggers at his back. She slowly started to heal but still needed to be looked after. Aido picked her up. She had fallen asleep.

"I'm taking her back to the Night Dorms. Go help kill those other vampires," he told me.

*sigh* He was only trying to help her, not steal her away. Damn it, I couldn't get over this jealous feeling. He disappeared.

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes wouldn't open. I was too weak even though Aido gave me his blood. Where was he taking me? I could still hear but couldn't move well.

"Lord Rido," I heard Aido say. It felt like he put me on a soft bed.
"Your daughter has suffered some serious injury."
"I'll take care of her, now go. She has no use for someone like you anymore." I could tell that his words had hurt Aido.
"Yes, Lord Rido." He left.
"(Y/n)..." He healed my wounds. My eyes fluttered open. I could move again but was still weak.