Chapter 18

(Y/n)'s POV

"I- you'll see tomorrow," Zero replied, smirking.
"Tell me now."
"No."
"Why?"
"It'll be a surprise for you."
"Why should it be a surprise?"
"Because I feel like it."
"Why?"
"Um...?"
"Why?" He sweatdropped. I laughed a little.
"You sound just like a child," he commented.
"And?"
"Nevermind." I just shrugged and watched as they disappeared from my sight.
"Hey, you two." I turned around and saw Toga.
"What?"
"Help clean up this mess," he ordered.
"Tch, as long as we don't do all of it," Zero replied.
"Alright, bye guys. Have fun cleaning up." They both grabbed onto my sleeves.
"What is it this time?" A scary aura was coming off of them.
"You'll clean up as well, okay?" they asked at the same time.
"Why should I?"
"Your pureblood powers will come in handy," Toga replied.
"What makes you think that I'll help?"
"We'll make you leave since you are the only Night Class student left." My eyes widened. I was left all alone...
"Fine." Toga smirked and ruffled our hair. We glared at him and fixed our hair.
"What? Trying to look presentable now?" he asked with a grin.
"Like you can say that."
"Anyway, get to work!" Geez, so commanding. Zero and I sighed and started to clean up the Headmaster's mess.

~Some time later~

We had finished rebuilding the broken school walls. Finally... Luckily they didn't make me do all of it or else I would've killed them...not literally.

It was almost dark. *sigh* I went back to my dorm and had a shower. I changed into black leggings and a loose grey shirt with gudetama on the front. I dried and brushed my hair before going out.

"Cute," Zero commented.
"What is?"
"Your shirt. The egg's cute and fat, reminds me of you," he replied.
"So now I'm fat?"
"No but you are cute." *blush*
"Especially when you blush."
"S-shut up."

He just chuckled. I walked over to him and almost tripped. He steadied me and looked at me with concern.

"I think you worked too hard," he said.
"Exactly why I didn't want to work in the first place."
"What do you mean?"
"I have a weak body, in case you haven't noticed."
"Oh, right." He picked me up and put me on the bed. Then his arms wrapped around me.
"Zero?"
"I'm tired as well, let me stay here for the night." *sigh*
"Okay...Zero?"
"Yeah?"
"C-can you please tell me a story?" He smiled.
"Sure, let me just see if I remember/know any..."
"Thank you."
"Once upon a time-"
"So it's suddenly turned into a fairy tale now?" He looked annoyed.
"Oh, right. Continue on with your story."
"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess. She never disobeyed her parents as they were very kind people. Everyone loved them as their king and queen and believed that they were the rightful heirs. But everything soon changed when the king and queen passed away. The princess was very upset and was left in the care of distant relatives. They treated her unkindly and decided to play around with her obedience. Since she never disobeyed her higher-ups, they ordered her to do bad things. But whenever she refused, she would get whipped and beaten. She knew it was wrong but she desperately wished for them to die or at least go away. One night, she decided to sneak out and met a fairy. She made a deal with her. The princess would get one wish but in return, she would have to give the fairy her soul. The princess agreed without a second thought. So she snuck back inside the castle and waited until morning. The maids woke her up and helped her dress before taking her down to have breakfast. While she was eating with her 'parents', she silently wished for the fairy to make her wish come true...to never see her new parents again. The fairy told the princess to close her eyes and so she did. A few minutes later, she opened her eyes to find that her real parents had taken the place of her other horrid ones. But she soon realised that she had to lose her soul and end her own life. She left a note to her parents and died in the arms of the fairy that had eaten her soul." I smiled and eventually fell asleep.

~The next day~

I woke up and stretched. Surprisingly, I had no nightmares. I tried to get up but Zero just pulled me back down.

"Stay, I want to cuddle you for a while longer," he exclaimed.
"Go cuddle a plushy or something."
"You're no fun at all," he replied sleepily.
"I don't care-" He lifted my chin up and kissed me gently. My face turned as red as a tomato.
"I love seeing you blush. It's to know that I can make you like this."
"Zero!"

He just laughed. I got up and went to get ready. When I was done, I noticed that Zero was gone. Maybe he went back to his room. *sigh* I went to the Day Class dorms.

"Omg! Aren't you a Night Class student?! I thought they all left..."
"Well, I decided to stay. I have nowhere to go unless I went with the others but..."
"But what?" they asked with wide eye. Zero walked past me and grabbed my hand.
"Come on, (Y/n). No time for talking." I sweatdropped.
"Don't tell me...(Y/n)-san and Zero are dating?!" they asked, shocked and surprised.

Zero just glared at them. They immediately backed off. He dragged me to the garden, although I think he was thinking of taking me to class but after seeing the Day Class students, he might've changed his mind. We were just walking on the small pathways until I noticed a scent I couldn't have mistaken anywhere.

"Hey (Y/n)!" I immediately turned around.