Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s POV

"So where should I start?"
"Wherever you want, not that I care," Zero replied while closing his eyes.
"Sorry about him, (Y/n). Anyway, if you don't mind me asking...did something happen between you and Zero?" Yuki asked, completely oblivious to the fact that I was not comfortable with that subject of my mother.
"Something happened between our families."
"Oh, sorry for asking. So why did you come here?" she asked while trying to change the topic.
"To fulfil a friend's wish."
"Do you have any siblings?"
"No. Yuki, it feels like I'm revealing myself to you while you're completely hidden..."
"Oh, sorry. Go on, you can ask me anything you like," she said after realising that she was the only one asking questions.
"What is your relation to Zero? It seems like you two have an unbreakable bond."
"Oh...you see, Kaname saved me from a scary vampire 10 years ago. That's why I would do anything for him, even if he betrays me. And he took me to the Headmaster. A few years later, I met Zero. He looked hurt and I saw hatred in his eyes. He said that that woman did something to his family. Up until now, he still hasn't opened up to me..."
"Oh, I see-"
"Since Yuki's revealed her past and you already know mine, why don't you reveal yours?" Zero asked, clearly annoyed.
"Why do you want to know about my past?"
"We're completely vulnerable to you now that you know about us. But we know nothing about you," he replied while staring coldly at me. *sigh*
"My mother-"
"Hey (Y/n), class is starting," Aido told me. Thank god he saved me. I stood up.
"Please excuse me, I must be off to class."
"Okay, bye (Y/n)."

Yuki smiled cheerfully and waved. I waved back at her. Zero ignored me. I caught up with Aido. When we were out of sight, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Did something happen?" Aido asked.
"No, nothing in particular." He just shrugged it off. We went to class.
"Alright class, we have a new transfer student. Please introduce yourself," Toga said.
"Hello everyone, pleased to meet you all. My name is Maria Kurenai."

She smiled too cheerfully and glanced at me. I immediately froze. She was here. And she was using the body of Maria, the closest person I had to a friend up until now. She skipped up to Kaname and fangirled over how she had always wanted to meet a pureblood. Everyone glared at her.

"Oh, look at you. You're a pureblood as well. Pleased to meet you," she said and lifted up my chin.
"You have no permission to touch her," Aido ordered.
"Do I not?" Maria asked then skipped to her seat. I glared at her. She just giggled.

~After class~

I was going back to my dorm until 'Maria' grabbed my arm.

"Hey (Y/n)-san, come to my room with me. I want to show you something," she told me.
"*sigh* Fine." I followed her to her room. She locked the door and closed the curtains.
"You ran away from me again, (Y/n). I will have to punish you," Shizuka exclaimed.

Ichiru came forward and held out her weapon of choice - which was a whip this time - with a chain. She knew that ropes couldn't hold me. *gulp*

"Please don't start this again..."
"But you've been a naughty girl, now be good and receive your punishment."

Tears fell down from my eyes. I resisted and was about to stab Ichiru but she shot me in the stomach with a vampire hunter's weapon. She smiled because this usually made me weak.

Ichiru tied up my hands behind my back and stuffed a cloth in my mouth. More tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Don't worry, I'll try to make it as painful as possible..."

I didn't want that! She whipped me over and over again. I felt myself grow extremely weak. She was the only one that could make me as weak as this. Now, the cloth in my mouth was soaked in blood. She finally stopped.

"Do you want more?" Shizuka asked, smiling like this was fun. I looked at her with frightened eyes.
"Maybe I'll stop for now, but be prepared for tomorrow." She left the room, followed by Ichiru. I silently cried. Then someone came in.
"(Y/n)?!" Zero asked, surprised. He untied my hands and took the blood-soaked cloth out of my mouth.
"She's never going to stop, please save me..." I cried even more. Aido appeared by the door. I felt my eyelids growing heavy...

~Some time later~

I woke up but my body hurt all over. I slowly sat up. Aido immediately hugged me.

"Why did she do this to you?..." he asked while still holding onto me. Zero came in.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know," he said.
"What are you apologising for?"
"I treated you like you were her," he replied with a sad look in his eyes.
"Oh...don't worry about it." Aido left to get something. Zero awkwardly stood there.
"You can sit down, you know."
"Tch..." He sat down in the chair that Aido was sitting in. I held my head, it started hurting a lot.
"Drink," Zero said while showing his neck.
"I am not going to drink anyone's blood-"
"Do you really want to die?"
"I don't mind, as long as I can escape from her." He sat down next to me and held my head close to his neck.
"Drink, it would be bad if someone like you died," he exclaimed.
"What do you mean?"

He didn't answer me. I hesitantly sank my fangs into his neck. His warm blood felt good when it trickled down my throat. I wanted more... When I was done, I wiped the blood from my mouth. My wounds got a little better.

"Here, I don't want to forever be in debt to you."

I moved my hair out of the way. His eyes glowed red. He sank his fangs into my neck without any hesitation. Was he this desperate? When he was done, he wiped the blood away. For some reason, I felt sleepy.

"Zero...don't leave me....alone..." I felt my eyes slowly close.