Chapter 19

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hey (Y/n)!" I immediately turned around. Standing there was Aido, smiling cheekily. The others just looked annoyed.
"Aido!" I ran up and hugged him tightly.
"Told you I'd come back and visit," he replied happily. But they just left like a day ago... Kaname sighed.
"May I ask why you are back so early?"
"It appears that Aido had forgotten his favourite tshirt and refused to leave without it so we were forced to come back," Kaname explained then added, "Although I believe he said that he had packed it..."
"It's true!" Aido argued.
"Then why don't you have it?" I heard a stifled laugh behind me. I looked at Zero. He was struggling to keep in his laughter.
"Did you steal it?" He just smirked and nodded.
"You what?!" Aido asked, clearly annoyed.

Cain and Ruka glared at him as they were forced to go and come back all within a few days. Yuki was giggling while Kaname sighed.

"But I suppose I can visit (Y/n), is that why?" Aido asked Zero. He just nodded in reply.
"What?!" Cain and Ruka shouted. I stepped closer to Ruka and whispered in her ears.
"Psst, I think Cain likes you. Why don't you go out with him?" She blushed and looked away.
"My only love is Lord Kaname," she replied.
"Why is that? Even after you found out he already has a lover?" She didn't reply.
"I'm just kidding, don't take it seriously. I was just bored."
"Miss (Y/n)..."
"Come on, (Y/n). Let's go play!" Aido said like a little child and dragged me off somewhere, smiling happily.
"Hey!" Zero chased after us.

~Some time later~

I lay down on the soft grass while Aido lay down next to me. Zero was on my right. I held their hands.

"Thank you both."
"What for?" they asked at the same time then glared at each other.
"For being there for me when I needed it."
"Well, best friends stick together, right? Unlike your emotionless boyfriend over there," Aido exclaimed while eyeing Zero.
"Tch, says you, the person that can't feel sadness," Zero replied to his comment.
"Hey guys..." They both squeezed my hands. I smiled and closed my eyes.
"(Y/n), are you really that tired to take a nap in the middle of a garden?" Zero asked.
"I'm not tired, I'm just bored. What's there left to do?"
"Oh yeah, that reminds me...have you even been on a date with Zero yet?" Aido asked.
"No, why?"
"That's something you can do," he replied with a cheeky grin.
"I'd hate to admit it but that's actually a good idea. And he's not coming as a third wheel," Zero commented.
"I guess..."
"Eh?! You're gonna leave me all alone?!" Aido asked, pretending to be shocked.
"You were the one that gave us the idea."
"True but still..."
"Have fun, Aido. Maybe you can go play with that blue marble of yours." He sweatdropped. I just laughed. Zero stood up, grabbed my hand and helped me up.
"Bye (Y/n), have fun," Aido said. I smiled at him before leaving with Zero.
"So...what do you have planned?" I asked Zero once we arrived in town.
"Nothing much since I just found out we were going on a date a few minutes ago, which was decided by Aido," he replied casually. I looked around.
"Hey, you there. That young lady," someone called out.
"Who? Me?"
"Yes you! Come here." I hesitantly went over to where the man was. Zero followed close behind.
"Congratulations! You have been chosen by our great master as a new recruit for the circus!" Eh?!...
"I'm sorry, sir. But I have no intention of joining a circus, now if you'll excuse me-"
"No but you were specifically chosen-"
"May I ask why I was chosen?"
"Whenever our ring leader chooses someone, he sees talent and skill."
"Sorry but I'm not interested."
"No, please! We are in need of a replacement!"
"Sorry..." Zero quickly dragged me away before he could say anymore.
"Maybe we should get Aido to join." He laughed.
"I can imagine him as a clown," he replied while smiling.

I laughed at this. We spent the whole day in town 'as a date' but it changed to more of a 'run and hide'. The man pursued me in order to get me to participate as one of the circus crew. We spent the day trying to get away from him until we finally decided to go back. *sigh* I think I had a headache from all his pleads.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Zero asked, concerned.
"Yeah, I just need some rest."
"Hey (Y/n)- huh? Is everything okay?" Aido asked.
"There was this weird circus creepo guy chasing her around town. He was trying to get her to be one of the circus crew," Zero explained.
"Hey Miss! I've finally found you! Please, join our circus!" We all tensed. We looked at each other and immediately took off running.
"Someone, save us!" Aido yelled.
"What's with all the ruckus, Hanabusa?" Cain asked, annoyed that he got interrupted.
"Cain, get that man away from us," Aido ordered. The man had a look of determination and lust in his eyes. I slowly backed away.
"Please, Miss. The ring leader wants you and I'd do anything to make his wishes come true. Come join the circus!"

My back touched the wall. Zero stood in front of me. Aido and Cain tried to pull the man back but his strength was incredible. He smirked.

"They don't call me 'Strong John' for nothing."

Zero punched him. He stumbled but got back up. Wait! Why didn't I think of this before?! I went up to him.

"Please stop what you are doing." He hesitantly stopped and looked at me. I placed my hand over his eyes and made him fall asleep.
"Cain, would you mind taking him back to town?"
"Yes, Miss (Y/n). Where shall I leave him?" he asked.
"One of the benches should be fine." When he left, I retired to my room. Zero decided to go back to his room for tonight.
"Aido, why are you still here?"
"I'm gonna watch over you in case he comes back for you," he replied.
"Thank you..." After a while, I went to bed.