Sad Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. When I was done, I went back outside but Zero wasn't here. He must've went back to his room.

"Miss (Y/n)? May I come in?" Ruka asked.
"Yeah." She opened the door and came in but quickly shut it after.
"Is something wrong?" She put a finger over her lips.
"Can we please talk in a place without them hearing us?" she asked. I nodded. We went outside but were stopped by Kaname.
"Where are you two going?" he asked.
"Just for a walk, now if you'll excuse us."

I went past him and opened the door. Ruka hesitantly followed me. We went to a quiet place in the gardens near the Day Dorms.

"What did you want to talk about?"
"Um...about Yuki, I mean Lady Yuki..." she replied between pauses.
"Has something happened to her?"
"Well, you see...I overheard her talking to Lord Kaname and..."
"And?"
"They were talking about you and Zero."
"Why are you telling me this?"
"I would rather betray them than see you get hurt," she replied while making eye contact with me.
"They want to hurt me?"
"Lady Yuki wants Zero...to stay with her forever. I heard her say that she was jealous that he opened up to you before her even though she knew him longer than you have. She said that she had the perfect environment and all the pawns she needed...but she lost one...to you." My eyes widened. Yuki didn't seem like the one to have this kind of personality...
"And she plans to get rid of you to maintain her 'perfect environment'. She may still have some feelings for Zero even though Lord Kaname is her lover," Ruka explained. What?...
"Is this true?" She nodded with a worried expression. I thought about it for a moment.
"Does anyone else know?"
"No but I'll do whatever it takes to protect you," she replied.
"Why?..."
"Even though I have feelings for Lord Kaname, I feel as if you're a better...pureblood..." I smiled.
"Thank you."
"I'll tell the others if you want."
"Okay but do not force them to take my side. Let me choose whichever side they want to go on."
"Yes, Miss (Y/n)." She left. *sigh* I leaned against a tree.
"You seem depressed."
"It's nothing." Zero came over and moved my hair out of the way.
"What are you doing out here?" he asked.
"I just needed some air."
"Is the haunted house causing this much of a headache?"

I hesitantly nodded. He took my hand. I smiled slightly and went back to the Night Dorms. I went to bed straight after I entered my room.

~The next day~

I woke up to find that Zero had fallen asleep beside me.

"Oh, you're awake," Zero exclaimed. I just smiled but for some reason, I suddenly remembered what Ruka had told me.
"Did something happen?" he asked worriedly. I immediately shook my head.
"Nothing's wrong." I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready.
"Come on, Zero. Let's go."
"Where are we going?"
"To class."
"Why am I going to your class?"
"You have nothing to do, right?" He shook his head.
"Exactly."

He followed me to class. I sat at the back. 'Unfortunately', Yuki sat next to me. I guess Kaname had her transferred to the Night Class.

"Zero, what are you doing here?" Yuki asked, pretending to be innocent.
"I followed (Y/n) here," he replied with a bored expression, clearly showing that he wasn't interested in talking to her.

She understood his message and stopped. While Toga was teaching us, Yuki kept asking me for help and whenever I did something she didn't like, she would steal my books and mess up all my work then pass it off as a joke.

"Can you please stop?!" She just giggled.
"(Y/n), take it as a joke. You can still see the working out, right? They're still there, I just added some 'decorations'," she replied with a fake smile.

*sigh* Zero was glaring at her. I forced a smile. He looked at me with concern. When class was finished, Yuki dragged me to a random part of the dorms.

"Is there something you need?" She just laughed.
"Yuki, I know what you want. Drop the innocent act already." She smiled. Cain came in, holding Ruka's hands behind her back. He decided to go with Yuki?...
"Ruka told you, didn't she?" Yuki asked, smirking.
"No, she didn't know anything about this. I overheard myself."
"Don't lie to me, I can see right through your fake expression," she replied with an uninterested expression. Ruka was looking at Yuki in fear.
"Cain, now would be a good time," Yuki exclaimed. He nodded and held Ruka by her throat. She was grabbing at his hand and choking.
"Let. Her. Go." He reluctantly released her. I helped Ruka up and stood in front of her. Zero came in.
"What...happened?" he asked with confusion.
"It's none of your business," Yuki replied. I explained everything to him. His eyes widened.
"Cain, kill her for me. I don't want to dirty my hands with this," Yuki ordered.
"Y-yes, Lady Yuki." He came towards me only to get slammed into a wall. Zero was the one that did it.
"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," he said through gritted teeth.
"Zero..." Kaname came in.
"Don't worry, Yuki. I'll kill her for you," he said. She just smiled and nodded.
"Lady Yuki, you cannot do this!" Ruka argued.

Aido came just in time to block Cain's fire with his ice. Suddenly, Kaname moved in the speed of light and pierced my heart from behind. I coughed out blood.

"(Y/n)!" Zero caught me. Yuki giggled and left with Kaname. Cain just stood there, not sure what to do. Ruka was glaring at him.
"I was considering your confession but you just ruined your only chance," she stated with hatred. He looked at her with pleading eyes. She left. He immediately chased after her.
"Zero..."
"(Y/n), don't die on me..."
"I'm sorry...I love you...Zero..." I felt my eyelids grow heavy.

Zero's POV

"I love you...too."

She took her last breath. Tears fell from my eyes. Aido just stood there, trying to process what just happened but I could tell he already knew. Only when (Y/n) turned into dust did he cry out for her.

I would never forgive them. They killed my only love. They took her away from me, now...they need to be prepared to die. Aido stormed out and yelled out for Kaname. I will never forget you...(Y/n).