Chapter 22

Zero's POV

I sat on my bed. How long did we have to wait? Damn it, if only I could go rescue her now. I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?"
"It's me."
"Who's me?"
"Yuki."
"What is it?"
"May I come in?" she asked with hesitation.
"Why?"
"I...just need..."
"Go talk to Kaname then. Seems like he's the only one that cares about you." She stayed where she was.
"Why do you keep on bothering me?"
"I just want to talk to you...please..." *sigh* She opened the door and sat down next to me.
"What?"
"I'm sorry," she said.
"What for?"
"For making you suffer...I didn't mean to-"
"Tch, how can I trust you now that you're a vampire?"
"That makes me wonder why you trust (Y/n)," she exclaimed.
"None of your business. Are you done talking now?"
"I uh-" Before she could reply, I pushed her out the door.
"Next time when you come, please have something you actually need to tell me. I won't fall for your useless tricks to make me obey you."
"I...understand."

I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. I couldn't sleep, I had been thinking about (Y/n) too much. I wanted to see her again. I went to Aido's room and opened the door.

"Wake up." He grumpily sat up and rubbed his eyes.
"What?" he asked, annoyed that he was woken up in the middle of the day.
"I want to save (Y/n)."
"Now?" he asked while yawning. I nodded.
"Fine, just let me get changed first." He lazily walked to the bathroom to get ready. About five minutes later, he came out ready to go.
"Come on." We jumped out the window.
"Lord Kaname has ordered us to stop you from going," Cain exclaimed.
"Why?"
"He has said that now is not the time."
"Tch, whatever." I pushed past him but he just blocked my path once more.
"Stay out of our way. We need to save a friend."
"We cannot disobey Lord Kaname," Ruka said.
"I don't care, just blame it on Aido."
"Hey, why me?!" Cain and Ruka still stayed where they were. This was gonna take a while....

(Y/n)'s POV

I was tired of practising. I didn't need these skills anyway.

"(Y/n), stop lazing around," John ordered.
"*sigh* Sorry."

I reluctantly got up but while they weren't looking, I snuck out and went to look for Subaru. I needed to tell him that I planned on leaving today.

I followed his scent to the 'experimental tent' I was in the night before. I hesitantly went inside. *gasp* I quickly ran up to Subaru and blocked the hit he was about to get.

"(Y/n)..." He had cuts and bruises all over from getting beaten up badly.
"Why did you do this to him?!"
"We experiment on them. We give them potions to increase their durability and skill but the only thing we get out of it is the ability to paralyse," Jeremy explained. I glared at him and untied Subaru. He could barely stand.
"He does not belong to you, let him go this instance!" Jeremy yelled.
"Over my dead body." I helped Subaru back to our tent and lay him down on his bed.
"(Y/n)...he's gonna...do the same...thing to you..." Subaru exclaimed weakly.
"Don't worry about me, look after yourself more." I tended to his wounds.
"Get some rest." He soon fell asleep. I watched over him. Then someone came in and hugged me like today was the last day we'd ever meet.
"Zero?!"
"(Y/n), I missed you.

Tears fell from my eyes. That was when I realised how much I has missed him. He lifted my chin up and kissed me.

"(Y/n)...who's that?" Subaru asked once he sat up. I explained everything to the both of them.
"Did you come alone?"
"Aido's outside," Zero replied. What?! I peeked outside and saw Aido. I quickly pulled him inside in fear of someone seeing him.
"(Y/n)!" He hugged me just as tight as Zero did and smiled at me. I smiled back.
"Hey Subaru, are you coming with us?" He thought about it for a while. They were coming.
"Come on, we don't have much time." He nodded and grabbed my hand.
"Now's our chance," Aido exclaimed. Subaru still held onto my hand, he was shaking.
"Hey, everything's gonna be alright." We went outside. I bumped into Jeremy. He grabbed onto me and held a knife to my throat.
"Surrender and stay here as the circus or she gets killed," he threatened.
"Guys, go."
"We're not leaving without you," Subaru stated. Luckily Jeremy and John were the only ones here.
"Aido, would you mind erasing their memories after?"
"Sure thing," he replied happily.

I grabbed Jeremy's arm and flipped him over then stole the knife from him. John came charging at me. But then, someone threw a dagger towards him. It missed him by about a millimetre.

John froze, he was shaking. I turned around. Subaru was grinning cheekily. Aido put them to sleep and erased their memories of me and Subaru. We quickly ran away, back to Cross Academy.

"Wow, this is what a school looks like? I've always wanted to go to one," Subaru exclaimed. I smiled and ruffled his hair.
"Well, now you can." He smiled in reply.
"Come on, we'll get the Headmaster to sort this out-" Zero held my hand.
"Actually, Aido? Can you take him there?"
"Okay, guess I'll have a new 'happy buddy'!"
"Happy buddies!" Subaru copied.

They wrapped their arm around each other's shoulders and walked off. Zero and I sweatdropped. After we got over what just happened, I followed Zero to a garden and sat down in his lap.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry I didn't come sooner..."
"Zero, it's fine-"
"I let the one I love suffer...I don't think that's fine." I just smiled and looked at the sky.