Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s POV

Zero stared at me in confusion. Suddenly, she shot me with a vampire hunter's weapon through the door. I coughed out blood. They knocked down the door.

"(Y/n), you've disobeyed your mother another time. Time to receive your punishment," she exclaimed. Zero glared at her and picked me up.
"You will not lay a hand on her," he argued.
"Oh my, what feelings have you developed for my horrid daughter?" Shizuka asked while smiling weirdly.
"Tch, I just hate the sick torture you're giving her."
"Sick torture? Oh please, what do you think you're doing to her? She has tried to hide it for so long and yet...you tried to force the truth out of her." Zero's eyes widened. She shot me again. I coughed out more blood.
"Zero...leave now..."
"I am not leaving without you."

Then everyone else came rushing in. Aido held Maria's hands behind her back. Cain grabbed onto Ichiru.

"Shizuka, I suggest you do not interfere with the students' school life," Kaname said.
"Hmm, we'll see." She ripped her hands out of Aido's grasp but before she left with Ichiru, he took her vampire hunter's weapon.
"(Y/n), I have heard that you have a weak body. I suggest you have some blood to satisfy your needs," Kaname stated.
"I don't need any." My wounds suddenly started hurting a lot. My grip tightened on Zero's shirt.
"Everyone, please leave..."
"But (Y/n)-" Aido started.
"Just...leave..."

They bowed and obediently left. I held out my hand and the door closed. Zero gently put me down on my bed.

"You can leave...you'll forever be burdened to me if you start to develop a bond with me."
"I've already had enough suffering in my life." I pulled the blanket over my body.
"(Y/n)..."

I couldn't stop the overflowing blood. Zero pulled the covers away from my head. He pierced his finger and held it close to my lips.

"No...I don't want it." I hesitantly drank his blood.
"Why do you keep giving me your blood? I have done nothing to help you and yet...you have always offered your blood to me." He didn't answer me.
"You must be tired." I pat the spot on my bed next to me. He hesitantly lay down. I eventually fell asleep.

~Nightmare~

I was in the middle of a forest.

"Seems like you woke up."
"Huh? Who's there?"
"Don't you remember me? It's me, (boy's name)."
"Come out! You stupid backstabber, (b/n)!"
"Backstabber? I never even loved you in the first place."
"Then stay away from me."
"You really have no idea how much I loved to see you suffer."

He laughed crazily. I backed away from him and bumped into something...or rather someone. Huh? I turned around and came face to face with Zero. He seemed...different somehow. His hands and arms were tied with chains.

"Z-Zero?"

He didn't reply. Suddenly, the chains snapped and he came charging at me with an insane look in his eyes. I couldn't get out of the way fast enough so I got hit. I lay there still on the ground unable to do anything.

He was continuously ripping and clawing at me. Then (b/n) killed him after he thought Zero had done enough damage to me. I couldn't move. All I could do was watch him kill everyone at Cross Academy through my lifeless eyes...

~Nightmare end~

I woke up with a start. I couldn't do anything... Tears fell from my eyes.

"(Y/n), what happened?" Zero asked, trying to hide his concern.
"Nightmare..."

Then I thought I saw (b/n) behind Zero. I moved closer to Zero and hid my face in his chest. I must be crazy. He hesitantly wrapped an arm around me.

"Zero, I'm scared..."
"Don't worry about the nightmare, it was only a silly dream."

Zero's POV

She was shivering against me. My heart was bounding fast and there was this weird feeling I felt every time she was near me. I've never felt this before... I pulled her closer to me and gently rubbed her back.

"(Y/n), I'm here. I won't leave you alone."
"Thank you, Zero. I hope you're telling the truth..."
"I am. I cross my heart." She eventually fell into a deep sleep. I smiled down at her fragile form.

~The next day~

I woke up to find (Y/n) fast asleep. Her hand was still clutching onto my shirt. I didn't want to wake her up so I just lay there staring out the window. Someone knocked on the door. I gently moved her hand and got up to see who it was. I opened it slightly and standing on the other side was Aido.

"How is she?" he asked, clearly worried.
"She's getting better."
"Oh good, please look after her. If you do anything to hurt my best friend, I won't forgive you," he warned.
"I won't hurt her." He eyed me then left. *sigh* I closed the door. (Y/n) was sitting up on her bed, rubbing her eyes.
"Thank you...Zero."
"I did nothing." She smiled slightly at me.
"You're welcome to go now. I'm fine now."
"Are you sure?" She nodded. I moved her hair away from her face.
"Don't let her touch you."
"Don't worry about me, I'm gonna be fine till later on."

I jumped out the window and waved at her. She just smiled back. I went to class. Yuki looked at me and smiled. I just stared at her.

"Hey Zero?"
"What?!"

The students hurriedly went back to their seats. *sigh* So annoying these days... Then I sensed something...happen. I couldn't tell what but something happened just then. Hopefully it didn't have anything to do with Shizuka and (Y/n)...

Shizuka, I will kill you with my own hands. I won't let (Y/n) dirty her own hands with this.