Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes widened. Shizuka...she... I ran out of my room and headed all the way to Shizuka's room. She was back in her normal body. But she also had Yuki with her.

"Shizuka, what are you doing with her?"
"Drinking her blood of course. After all, she wants to save Zero," she replied, smiling slightly.
"(Y/n), please... It's the only way. If I offer my blood, she can save Zero," Yuki pleaded.
"And you really trust her? What makes you think that Zero will drink her blood? How will Kaname feel about your loss?" Her eyes widened before she looked down.
"I-I just want to save him..."
"I'm sorry, Yuki but please don't involve yourself in these matters."
"Now now Yuki, you wouldn't trust her in this, would you?" Shizuka asked.
"But-" Yuki started.
"She did try to kill me," Shizuka stated. Yuki's eyes widened.
"What?!"
"It's sad, isn't it? A daughter trying to kill her own mother..." Yuki looked at me in shock.
"Yuki, you have not learnt the reason for my decision so please don't go on judging me."
"B-but she's your own mother," Yuki replied. *sigh* Suddenly, Zero came in. His eyes widened at the sight of Shizuka.
"Yuki, get away now," he said.
"But she can save you!"
"I don't care," he replied.
"Zero, how does it feel to hear your master's voice?" Shizuka asked. He froze.
"Be a good servant and hold Yuki for me will you?" He obeyed her. I broke Yuki out of his grasp.
"Zero, snap out of it." Shizuka drank his blood. I used my power on her. She immediately stopped and pretended like it was nothing.
"I know you're in pain, don't deny it."
"I have nothing to deny," she replied.

Then Zero suddenly shot her. Her blood dripped down and coloured her white dress in a crimson red. Ichiru came in.

"Lady Shizuka!" He glared at Zero.
"How long do you intend to wear that hideous mask?" Zero asked. Ichiru just smiled and took it off. Yuki's eyes widened. He walked off with Shizuka.
"Zero, please look after Yuki-"
"Where are you going?" he asked.
"After her."
"(Y/n), wait!"

But I had already ran off. I followed her scent of blood to a random room. She was there alone. I closed the door.

"What will you do now, (Y/n)?" Shizuka asked while smiling.
"I think you already know the answer."
"Do you not care about the consequences?"
"No."
"Anything at all?"
"As long as you're here, my life is hell."
"That's certainly a way to put it."

Since she was weakened by Zero's weapon, I decided to end her life here. I pierced her heart and caught her when she fell. I drank some of her blood.

"Farewell, (Y/n)..."

She vanished into thin air. Zero came rushing in. I stood up and kissed him. He drank the remaining of Shizuka's blood.

"Now Yuki won't have to worry about that anymore."

He just stood there, trying to process what just happened. I walked away... I didn't care if I got caught, my goal was now accomplished.

"(Y/n)!" Aido called out. He ran up to me and stopped.
"What happened?" I guess he noticed the scent of blood.
"Nothing-"
"Please (Y/n)...don't block me out again," he pleaded. My eyes widened.

~Flashback~

Shizuka had forced me to move away - mostly because she didn't want me to have any friends - from Aido.

"(Y/n), please tell me why," he begged. I was afraid to tell anyone anything.
"I-it's because...I-I don't want to be your friend anymore." His eyes widened with shock. He had tears in his eyes.
"What are you talking about?"
"I-I'm moving away because I don't want any friends."
"But (Y/n)-" My eyes had filled with overflowing tears.
"I'm sorry, Aido."

I ran away, trying desperately to stop crying. Shizuka was waiting for me with a happy smile. He just stood there, not wanting to believe what I had said...

~Flashback end~

I looked down. "I killed her..." He looked at me with a gentle expression.
"I won't tell, nobody would dare to kill a pureblood vampire," he replied.
"Thanks Aido."

I retired to my room and lay down on my bed thinking of what I just did. Was it really the right choice? I certainly didn't regret killing her... They probably knew that she died and would most likely try to figure out the murderer.

I closed my eyes. *sigh* What was there for me to live for now? My life would be an endless eternity living a boring school life. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Zero came in. There was an awkward silence.
"What?"
"Why did you do that? You could've just let me be," he said.
"For giving me your blood when I needed it."
"Is that really the reason?" he asked.

I didn't answer him. I didn't know what I felt for him. I stood up and looked at him. He came closer to me and lifted my chin up.

"Thanks but I didn't need it," he exclaimed. Then he kissed me. My heart fluttered at his action.
"Z-Zero?"
"Sorry."

He left before I could say another word. Why did he just do that? What was that feeling I just felt? I slumped back on my bed. I'd think about it later, it was too tiring to think about it right now. And this new power is sort of making my head hurt. There was another knock on the door.

"Come in." Aido came in with a worried expression.
"Is something wrong?"
"The Hunters' Association know about Shizuka Hio's murder," he exclaimed.
"Don't worry about it."
"But what if they-"
"Aido, it's fine." He sat down in my chair.
"I won't let them touch you," he stated.
"Thank you..." My eyelids were getting heavy.
"Don't worry, go to sleep. I'll look after you," he said with a cheerful smile. I smiled at him before drifting off to sleep.