Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat in my seat (which was at the back) and watched Maria. Why wasn't she dead already?! I knew it was bad to want your own mother dead but...she was just too bad.

*sigh* I guessed that everyone thought I was a pathetic excuse of a pureblood considering I couldn't even defend myself against her. "

"(Y/n)!" Toga yelled.
"Yes?" Gosh, he didn't have to yell. I could already hear him even if I wasn't focusing on him.
"What is the answer to (difficult maths equation)?" he asked.
"(Correct answer)."
"Good, seemed like you weren't focusing in class so I decided to test you," he said.
"Well, please don't think so lowly of me as I am listening to you even though I may not look like it."
"Tch, I hope I can believe that," he replied.

He went back to teaching the class. Maria looked at me and smiled a bit weirdly. I just rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Zero? What was he doing here? He made eye contact with me and motioned towards the stables. I nodded slightly. He jumped off the window sill and left.

"Hey (Y/n), want one?" Aido asked. He held out a bunch of candy in his hands. I picked the (f/f) one.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome," he replied with a smile.
"Where did you get them from?"
"I stole them from Cain-" He quickly covered his mouth after he said that. I smiled.
"Huh? Did someone say my name?" Cain asked. Aido immediately shook his head.
"Aido stole your candy," Rima said.
"Aido, give them back," Cain commanded.
"Quiet!" Toga yelled.

~After class~

I put my stuff away and went to the stables like Zero asked. He was already there, sitting next to White Lily.

"Was there something you wanted to talk about?"
"Shizuka...I won't let you go near her," he replied with a tone full of hatred.
"Oh..."
"(Y/n)-san, I have a secret to tell you! Come with me," Maria exclaimed. Zero immediately stood in front of me.
"She's not coming," he replied emotionlessly.
"Hmm? Why not?" Maria asked, pretending to be innocent.
"You know why, Shizuka," Zero said. Maria just smiled slightly and laughed.
"So you know? Anyway, let that girl go. She does not belong to you."
"She does not belong to you either."
"She is my daughter, of course she belongs to me. Now hand her over."
"Over my dead body." Maria growled and called Ichiru.
"Yes?" Ichiru asked.
"Bring (Y/n) to me no matter how hurt she gets."
"I-Ichiru?!" Zero asked, surprised and shocked.

They had a little conversation but while they were talking, Ichiru was getting closer to me. I grabbed him by his throat. He pulled at my hands, desperately trying to get free.

"You don't want to commit murder, do you? If someone was to find out that a pureblood killed an innocent human on purpose..." Shizuka started.

I immediately let go of Ichiru. This gave him the chance to stab me with his katana. She knew my weaknesses... I slowly pulled the katana out and covered my wound with my hands. I used my power to make her feel as much mental pain as possible. She screamed in pain.

"You...don't...want to...kill Maria...do you?" she asked in pain. I immediately stopped. Damn it! I grabbed Ichiru's katana and walked towards him.
"Enough! Fine, I will go away for now," Shizuka exclaimed. They left after Ichiru forcefully took his katana back. Zero sighed and picked me up.
"I'm fine, you can put me down."
"You need to see the Headmaster," Zero stated. So he carried me all the way there.
"Thanks but as I told you, I'm fine-"
"Stop saying that you're fine when you're not!" There was no hiding it...was there?
"Oh hi Zero- (Y/n)?! Who did this to you?!"

Yuki grabbed a nearby bandage that just happened to be there and began to treat my wound but it slowly started healing.

"Yuki, don't worry about me." She looked at me with a determined expression.
"I will not let a friend suffer on their own," she started fiercely.
"Friend?"
"Of course, you are my friend," she exclaimed happily.
"Thank you..."
"Oh, Zero? Yuki? You're both here...along with (Y/n)," Headmaster said then asked, "Did something happen?"
"Why did you let Maria Kurenai come here?" Zero asked, obviously not happy about it.
"Well, Kaname said that she was allowed-"
"Damn that pureblood," Zero exclaimed in frustration.
"I'm guessing that she is not who I think she is," Headmaster said.
"And you realise that now?" Zero asked, annoyed.
"Did she do that to you, (Y/n)? Do you need some of my blood?" he asked cheerfully and showed his neck. We sweatdropped.
"N-no..."
"Aww and I was offering it for free like a good headmaster," he muttered to himself but we could all hear it clearly. Seriously? Was he always like this?
"I believe that you guys will know what to do about it," he said. That was his answer?
"Don't regret your decision after you've seen the outcome."
"I won't, I trust in my students...most of the time," he replied.
"Oh, (Y/n)? Would you like to have dinner with us?" Yuki asked.
"No, I'm all good-"
"I will not accept no as an answer."
"Then why did you ask?"
"Hehe, just in case."
"Want help making it? I don't mind cooking." Even though I have absolutely no experience in cooking, I was willing to try.
"That would be a great help, thanks."
"You're welcome."

Yuki went off to her room while the Headmaster stayed in his office doing other stuff. I went to the kitchen with Zero.

"What are we making?"
"I don't know, what do you want to make?" he asked.
"I want to try making (favourite dish)."
"Try making?" he asked, a little concerned about my cooking experience.
"Yeah, probably my second or third time cooking."
"What?!... *sigh* I supposed you can help." I smiled slightly.